Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS ! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #31
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Nice and easy win keep going Julia -- it would be great if she broke that stupid hurdle of the 3rd. round -- She has no great difficulties in making that stage in majors, she made the 3rd. round in all 4 majors, now I seriously really want more than just that.
Yeah, it's actually about time We'll see.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #32
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Great win. She is so consistent at GS it's really remarkable. Now it won't be easy against Ana. In their last encounter on grass (Eastbourne) she lost in straight sets, if I remember correctly. Well, 3rd round is already a good achievement though reaching the 4th or even progressing beyond would be nice, of course.
Yeah I agree but in Eastbourne Julia really played a non-match since that break-back if I recall at 4-2 in the first set by Ana. Her serve and ground-game went totally absent --

I really hope Julia rises unto the occasion in these 3rd. round matches, she really under-performs considerably and that's going to be a problem.

I think/hope she'll win in 3.

Sorry for Javier and other Ana fans -- I know both girls really really need it equally (that 4th. round) but I really want the win for Julia more than Julia herself.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #33
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

I will be happpy regardless result

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #34
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Yakimova had some good stats against Minella and she can be tricky as former top 50 player althouh she obviously "sucked" recently!
But strange that Julia was totally without chance on return in 1st set but happy at least that she was able to win the TB then and was able to save a BP before.
But typical for Julia then that she isn´t able to keep focus then, 5 breaks in a row in 2nd set after a 1st set without any breaks, typical....but good that Yakimova served some DFs in 2nd set and Julia had no problems in the end.
Stats were quite good again, many winners as always, she really seems to play aggressive tennis on grass!!

Next is Ivanovic, interesting match! Both with many up´s and down´s in their games, I hope that Julia´s serve works and that Ana´s serve will be off, then she has a chance
But anyway, I expect Ivanovic to win but I am happy that she was able to win two matches here at least already
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #35
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Julia lost her first round doubles match.

Klepac/Rodionova def. Jill/Julia 6-4 3-6 6-3
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #36
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Julia is into Wimbledon R3 !

But 7-6 against Yakimova is worrying. Julia definitely has to improve in order to beat Ivanovic. If her serve is off and her footwork/movement weak, then no chance to win.

Well, Ivanovic is the favourite in this match anyway, so nothing to lose for Julia really

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #37
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

No.2 COURT – SHOW COURT – 11.30 AM START (12:30 GER)

1 Ana Ivanovic (SRB) [14]vs Julia Goerges (GER) [22]

Come On Julia !!!
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #38
country flag Adrian1092

Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of

Gutted my 2 faves have to face each other I'm gonna have to go for Ana this time tho. Will still be more than happy if Jules comes thru though!
Here's to a good match
Andrea Petkovic Mona Barthel

"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire".
Adrian1092 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #39
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

I want Mixed more than anything! I hope that she is able to win more matches on grass with Nestor! Mixed matches are very interesting anyway. So I don't care for singles now, it was rather disappointing, though!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #40
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Julia . From the scoreline it seems it was a good match though I didn't see it.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #41
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Julia But still I wasa little more on Anas side

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #42
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

she lost again in 3rd round ...

silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #43
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

^^^ Poor fellow !

Her mixed match in the evening will be streamed.

Julia does not twitter a lot right now.
What might Julia feel about the success of her compatriots at Wimbledon ?
For sure she`s happy for the other girls.
I hope it encourages her and she floors her car in the hard court season.

Mona Barthel Petra Cetkovska Julia Görges
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #44
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

The match is suspended.

Mona Barthel Petra Cetkovska Julia Görges
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #45
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One person who knows about the bad stuff is Daniel Nestor. He lost in men’s doubles last Friday and has now waited around four full days without playing his first-round mixed doubles alongside the fetching Julia Goerges of Germany.

On Tuesday evening, Nestor and Goerges got on Court 3 at 7:30 p.m. and warmed up only to have more spitting rain descend and force cancellation before a single point was played.

I caught up with Nestor, above, returning to the locker room Tuesday evening with Goerges, and asked him why he had not just chucked the mixed doubles and returned home with his wife Natasha and three-year-old daughter Tiana after his doubles loss. After all, the three have been in Europe since leaving Toronto for Paris on May 21.

“Because I’m a man of my word,” he replied. He then added, with the wry humour that is his calling card, “we’ve had great practice sessions – a mixed doubles training camp.”
Tebbutt: Eating Your Wimbledon Words