Our very last trip and Bad Gastein -- - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #1
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Our very last trip and Bad Gastein --

Well I know it's kind of early but anyways kind of first breaking news (?) no Charleston. That's 120 points going away and I was already processing all strategies for Julia to compensate Stuttgart which I recall is now a 'Premier 700' in other words going to have like 100% of the top 10.

Quote:
Julia Goerges ‏ @juliagoerges
Leaving Miami tonight.back to Europe.Unfortunately i had to pull out of charleston cause of a viral illness which i got here a few days ago!

Last edited by Vikapower : Jun 11th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #2
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Our adventures with Julia on Clay - First no Charleston

I`m not sure about the infect, there were not significantly more tissues than else in use.
On the other hand Julia is not the most weatherproofed player and when you see her practicing hard and sweating in the wind, as seen in the videos of Aravanecaravane, you always fear that she`s in for catching a cold or something.
She might also be a bit tired and needs a little break apart from the tournaments to prepare well for this important part of the season. Maybe playing some cards again in good Ol`Bad Oldesloe. Why not.

To start with -120 points into clay season is not nice. Defending the points of Stuttgart and Madrid will be very hard/impossible. She wants to play Barcelona and Rome too, I guess.
Julia can earn something there and also reach the second week at RG so she might not fall down the rankings too much.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #3
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light

İ was waiting for the clay season, the best conditions for our jules. She has to be effective in her trainings in these free times.She should -sorry she must- get back herself together, if she wants to go olympics. This time We will see how much eager can she be when she wants something really bad i think. İ assume that she is really eager about the olympics beacuse first of all, it is freakin olympics and second of all it is olympics.
LinusVanPelt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #4
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Would really love to see Julia have an excellent RG this year. She needs a breakout slam. Why not this one!

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #5
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

That would be so great If she plays good QF is real.Maybe even semis

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #6
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

That means her next tournament is Barcelona.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #7
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierChicharito View Post
Why not winning it ?
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #8
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

SIDENOTE : Ok guys still digesting the 4-41 W/UE Li posted in her 4th. round in Miami.

Guys promise to ban me if Julia ever reaches that kind of critical stage because I know Julia does have her unforced moments too but not right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
I`m not sure about the infect, there were not significantly more tissues than else in use.
On the other hand Julia is not the most weatherproofed player and when you see her practicing hard and sweating in the wind, as seen in the videos of Aravanecaravane, you always fear that she`s in for catching a cold or something.
She might also be a bit tired and needs a little break apart from the tournaments to prepare well for this important part of the season. Maybe playing some cards again in good Ol`Bad Oldesloe. Why not.

To start with -120 points into clay season is not nice. Defending the points of Stuttgart and Madrid will be very hard/impossible. She wants to play Barcelona and Rome too, I guess.
Julia can earn something there and also reach the second week at RG so she might not fall down the rankings too much.
Weirdly you know, Julia had more chances of defending herself in a Mandatory event than in Stuttgart.

This explains by the draw. Stuttgart is a 28 (32) draw which means Julia has a very high chance of meeting a top player in the 2nd. round to me with her actual ranking.

Madrid has a 128 draw -- so it allows Julia more opportunities to work herself into the tournament. In Stuttgart unless she has incredible luck I just don't see how she would escape getting a difficult top player early. Here's what a typical draw in Stuttgart would look like with the 8 seeds :

Code:
1 Vika
2 Bye
8 Stosur

9 Radwanska
10 Bye
16 Wozniacki

17 Stosur
23 Bye
24 Petra

25 Bartoli
31 Bye
32 Maria
She could take a difficult top player in her first match or in her R16 match -- I know it really depends to the top girl for example Bartoli or Caroline would not be bad.

I know she beat lots of top girls in 2011 but she had lost the first set Vika, still has not beaten Maria, Radwanska is a huge stub -- actually she can compete with Petra pretty well - and we need revenge against Marion.

I think Julia really has a big pressure to win Barcelona, she needs the Barcelona trophy absolutely.

Last edited by Vikapower : Mar 27th, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #9
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Quote:
Why not winning it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravanecaravan View Post
Would really love to see Julia have an excellent RG this year. She needs a breakout slam. Why not this one!
That's the spirit

But first of all too bad that she is ill now, again
Next tournament would be Barcelona?
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #10
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Quote:
Why not winning it ?
That would be dream come true.But RG is torunamnet that does not do good things to your career (Ivanovic great example)

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #11
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Quote:
That would be dream come true.But RG is torunamnet that does not do good things to your career (Ivanovic great example)
Hm honestly, not a good thing? She may never has a chance to win a GS. If she dropp down the ranking a little after winning a GS just like Ana did then please do it Julia
I mean, winning a GS is forever. Fu.. the ranking after that
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #12
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
I didn't see you changed your name -- I was wondering who's that new poster times I watched the user CP. Why did you chose that ?
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #13
country flag SidTheKid

Well I don´t think she would do Anas epic slump so But I would rather take Wimby or Olympics Olympics is even more

Javier Chicharito-Football player for Manchester United How did you know it is me after all?

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #14
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
Next tournament would be Barcelona?
Yes it's Barcelona, she really needs the event -- I mean really.

If Julia wins Barcelona and manages to win at least just one match in Stuttgart which is 60 points she'll only lose 200 points and it shouldn't affect her ranking that much 2785 to 2585.

I prefer not talk about the other scenarios.
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #15
country flag SidTheKid

What about scenario she earns lots of points?

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3