Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 340 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #5086
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Indeed. I'm going to the match to see those fans that come all the way from Luxembourg(if you've been to the Open and attended Mandy's matches or a Muller match, you'd know who they are. We've become friends). Any idea if they'll play tomorrow or Thursday?
Don't know it yet. But it would be great to give us a small report of the match if you watch it
Bino is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #5087
country flag Boogaloo

Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

Quote:
Indeed. I'm going to the match to see those fans that come all the way from Luxembourg(if you've been to the Open and attended Mandy's matches or a Muller match, you'd know who they are. We've become friends).
I think I read somewhere that they are Luxembourgers living in New York, but I could be wrong. There are many Luxembourg tennis fans who go to Roland Garros every year (Paris is just 3 hours away), but the US Open is a more exotic trip indeed.

Here's a photo from 2013 I found:

http://www.****************/detail/n...hoto/177997877

Edit: the Getty address is censored here, but with a google image search for "mandy minella fans new york" you'll find it
Boogaloo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 05:15 PM   #5088
country flag lupojohn
TF's Ultimate Thread Starter

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
Don't know it yet. But it would be great to give us a small report of the match if you watch it
Definitely. Do you know the fans I am talking about?

On Madison Keys' expectation for the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
Just aim for the Top 20 because that is more realistic.
Madison Keys current ranking: 20th. Hilarious.
lupojohn is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #5089
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Definitely. Do you know the fans I am talking about?
No sorry I don't. Have never watched Mandy at the US Open.
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #5090
country flag lupojohn

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
I think I read somewhere that they are Luxembourgers living in New York, but I could be wrong. There are many Luxembourg tennis fans who go to Roland Garros every year (Paris is just 3 hours away), but the US Open is a more exotic trip indeed.

Here's a photo from 2013 I found:

http://www.****************/detail/n...hoto/177997877

Edit: the Getty address is censored here, but with a google image search for "mandy minella fans new york" you'll find it
Yes, that is them. The gentleman in red is named Michel and has a credential this year. Can you link me the article?

Quote:
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #5091
country flag TheFramer

TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough

They are out. Replaced by Peer/Bertens.
TheFramer is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 06:44 PM   #5092
country flag Boogaloo

Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice

Giorgi has a foot injury. Too bad for Mandy.
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 10:47 PM   #5093
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Aw no

CASEY DELLACQUA. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON.
KAROLINA PLISKOVA. KIMIKO DATE-KRUMM. SAMANTHA STOSUR
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2014, 01:53 AM   #5094
country flag lupojohn

It's unfortunate a player isn't given time to find another partner.

Quote:
Old Aug 27th, 2014, 04:17 AM   #5095
country flag josejaviergud

josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute josejaviergud has a reputation beyond repute
Terrible bad luck

https://twitter.com/josejaviergud

Beaner & Wetback
josejaviergud is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #5096
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is Mandy's schedule for the upcoming month

September 8: Tashkent (MD)
September 15: Seoul (QD)
September 22: Wuhan?
September 29: Beijing?
October 6: Linz? not in Tianjin or Osaka
October 13: Luxembourg (most likely MDWC)
October 20: Maybe 100k in France or 50k in Canada/US
October 27: France/US/Canada 50k
November 3: Captiva?
November 10: Dubai?

Shes losing SF points from Tashkent and in November will lose her winning points from Captiva, so I would think Mandy will try and play almost every week to regain some points and try for AO MD

Old Aug 27th, 2014, 08:44 AM   #5097
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kəv. View Post
I think this is Mandy's schedule for the upcoming month

September 8: Tashkent (MD)
September 15: Seoul (QD)
September 22: Wuhan?
September 29: Beijing?
October 6: Linz? not in Tianjin or Osaka
October 13: Luxembourg (most likely MDWC)
October 20: Maybe 100k in France or 50k in Canada/US
October 27: France/US/Canada 50k
November 3: Captiva?
November 10: Dubai?

Shes losing SF points from Tashkent and in November will lose her winning points from Captiva, so I would think Mandy will try and play almost every week to regain some points and try for AO MD
Goodness, a lot of tournaments....

Pity about the doubles, almost $14000 per team even if R1 loss....
David Barker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #5098
country flag Boogaloo

For a player who risks losing in the first rounds, it's normal to enter a tournament every week. At least there is not so much time zone and surface hopping involved as in the recent months.

After her US Open quali loss and the doubles exit, Mandy will now return to Luxembourg where she can prepare for the busy autumn. Tashkent and Seoul are being mentionned in this Tageblatt article (which is mainly about Gilles Muller):

http://www.tageblatt.lu/sport/story/...efen--21468431
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 01:47 AM   #5099
country flag Bino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kəv. View Post
Going to be tough weeks for her. So much to defend. If she doesnt get into AO MD it will be getting difficult to defend her second round there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barker View Post
Pity about the doubles, almost $14000 per team even if R1 loss....
Its a real harsh loss of money for her. This was an expensive trip to the States for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
After her US Open quali loss and the doubles exit, Mandy will now return to Luxembourg where she can prepare for the busy autumn.
Hope this will help her to get in form. So the doubles exit has its good aspects too as she can spend a bit more time in her home country.
Old Aug 30th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #5100
country flag Kəv.

According to photographer Christopher Levy, it was quite a good match

Last edited by Kəv. : Aug 30th, 2014 at 12:44 PM.
Closed Thread