Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 327 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 01:05 PM   #4891
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Bino is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 02:08 PM   #4892
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 02:25 PM   #4893
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Won her doubles 61 63
Came back from 13 down in the second set.

Guess Naydenova has enough of Mandy for today
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #4894
country flag Bino

Lost to Siegemund 26 64 57.

She wasted a 50 lead in the final set!

Nobody interested anymore???

Old Aug 4th, 2014, 05:08 AM   #4895
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is still plenty of interest in Mandy.

Where is she next?

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 07:45 AM   #4896
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

choke

wtf is she doing here she should be in the US.....

Very stupid decision to play interclubs imo different surface, different continent, different weather...

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #4897
country flag Bino

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
I think there is still plenty of interest in Mandy.

Where is she next?
I hope so I just asked coz nobody was giving a comment
She'll play next Woking starting next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kəv. View Post
choke

Very stupid decision to play interclubs imo different surface, different continent, different weather...
For some reason they want to go to the US as late as possible, didn't understand this as well.

I guess there are some financial reasons. Can imagine that the Swiss clubs are paying very well but if she has ambitions for the USO these interclubs are worthless for preparation.

After Biarritz she should've continued either the clay court season or played Istanbul/Baku. After this you have to go to the US if you want to play on hard courts.

But for some reasons she absolutely wanted to play the Swiss league, the problem is you cannot combine this with a continuous hard court series.

So if her club misses the final round I hope she goes to Woking in time to get used to the courts there. Maybe this is enough to get in form for USO.
After this she'll play Tashkent.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 08:54 AM   #4898
country flag Boogaloo

Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kəv. View Post

I think it's mainly a financial decision.

Sometimes she plays for the ranking points even if it costs her money (for example when she made the trip to Captiva Island last year, in order to get enough points to be in the Australian Open main draw) and sometimes she plays interclub matches which pay well but don't benefit her at all in terms of ranking or tournament preparation.
Boogaloo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #4899
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
She wouldn't have financial problems would she? I mean she has her sponsors which give her clothes, flights, etc and plus she's the only ranked player from a rich country

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #4900
country flag Boogaloo

Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice

There are plenty of players in or around the Top100 (WTA and ATP) who are playing the european interclubs, and they are all doing it for the money. Just like those who have been playing World Team Tennis in the last month.

Players outside the Top100 generally have a tight budget. Mandy is well known in Luxembourg, but that doesn't mean she'll get big sponsoring deals.

About being from a "rich country": Being a pro, I don't think she gets much from the tennis federation or Olympic comitee. The biggest support athletes can get here is a job as a "sports soldier", a special regime within the army where they get a salary but have plenty of free time to train and compete. But obviously, that's not suited for tennis players
Boogaloo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #4901
country flag Bino

Never seen her with a helmet but she would be the prettiest soldier of the Luxembourgian army for sure.

Wait saw her like this but this was a hockey helmet
(there must be even a pic in this thread when she visited Canada at the end of last year!)

I also don't think she has much benefit of beeing from Lux but she has to pay taxes. If you are around Top 100 you have to respect financial issues.

A problem is she plays tournaments all over the year there is not much time left to work on some weaknesses. I always hear from other players that they need several weeks in a row betwen the tournaments to practice.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #4902
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

5-0 to 5-7... Really choke...
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 07:36 PM   #4903
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

I like Mandy muchly, but those advising her seem all over the place. Her schedule is beyond belief for a player ranked where she is......playing virtually every week, different surfaces, time zones...thenSwiss League and a 25 K in Woking when there is a premier WTA event in Montreal this week and a chance then to practice before the USO in the right time zone....

Hard to rationalise....I like Bino's positive attitude and great support for MM, but blimey!!!

Last edited by David Barker : Aug 4th, 2014 at 09:07 PM.
David Barker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 10:47 PM   #4904
country flag Bino

Thanks David, but what shall we do? We cannot change her schedule so I just hope she will do well in Woking.

She probably thinks that its more likely to get some wins at Woking than at a WTA event.

But it's also my view of things that she needs urgently some weeks for pracicing to work on her weaknesses, especially on her backhand, instead of playing every week.

Atm she still seems to be in Switzerland and she feels obviously good, look at the picture and you'll find out why:

https://twitter.com/juliecoin/status...687552/photo/1

Old Aug 5th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #4905
country flag josejaviergud

josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future

maybe she plays those tournaments because there is not pressure, just for fun and gain form

https://twitter.com/josejaviergud

Beaner & Wetback
josejaviergud is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread