Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 283 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 18th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #4231
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Lost
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #4232
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kəv. View Post
So her schedule:
16 JUNE - Eastbourne
23 JUNE - Wimbledon (has also entered 25k Stuttgart-Vaihingen)
7 JULY - Bad Gastein or Biarritz? Both she's done very well in the past
14 JULY - 50k Olomouc or 25k Darmstadt (don't see her entering Istanbul or Bastad)
21 JULY - Baku? or 50k Sobota
28 JULY - lots of options, I wonder if she will play USO series. In this week she could enter Vancouver, Bad Saulgau or Washington. I guess it depends how she feels her level is at
Up!
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #4233
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
Lost
I saw the game.

Two things:

Thorpe was the best player on court by far, which is why the French team won

Mandy looked stunning!
David Barker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #4234
country flag Bino

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barker View Post
I saw the game.

Two things:

Thorpe was the best player on court by far, which is why the French team won

Mandy looked stunning!
She does always

How do you think was Mandy playing?
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #4235

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

Yes, you are right!

Hard to say from the doubles today, she was trying hard and played alright but not particularly inspired....Thorpe was the only aggressor on court, the other three were playing pretty conventional doubles....
Not a pairing for the future methinks,....

Hope things pick up, she is obviously very athletic, trim, fit, but there is a bit of spark missing.....hard to put into words....
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #4236
country flag Bino

Quote:
Yes, you are right!

Hard to say from the doubles today, she was trying hard and played alright but not particularly inspired....Thorpe was the only aggressor on court, the other three were playing pretty conventional doubles....
Not a pairing for the future methinks,....

Hope things pick up, she is obviously very athletic, trim, fit, but there is a bit of spark missing.....hard to put into words....
Thanks a lot, very nice to get some insights when there is no TV coverage.

I had the same impression when I was watching Mandy last time playing doubles. For me important to see that she was trying hard so she doesn't need to blame her for anything. She always tries her best.

But she could do even better if she takes more risk, playing more aggressively. She has a very good volley game, she just has to show it more often

Its a question of match practice, too.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 07:57 PM   #4237

Quote:
Thanks a lot, very nice to get some insights when there is no TV coverage.

I had the same impression when I was watching Mandy last time playing doubles. For me important to see that she was trying hard so she doesn't need to blame her for anything. She always tries her best.

But she could do even better if she takes more risk, playing more aggressively. She has a very good volley game, she just has to show it more often

Its a question of match practice, too.
Yes she tried hard....to be fair so did Panova, but as you well know, in doubles there needs to be some iniatives , some offensiveness and I did not see much today from them....
Would have liked her to move up the court a bit to take the volley chances......sometimes failing to do this is down to confidence ?
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #4238
country flag Bino

Quote:
Yes she tried hard....to be fair so did Panova, but as you well know, in doubles there needs to be some iniatives , some offensiveness and I did not see much today from them....
Would have liked her to move up the court a bit to take the volley chances......sometimes failing to do this is down to confidence ?
I think it's a question of the right feeling to move up, confidence too, yes. Of course you need a good volley, if you don't have any, you stay in the cross rallye as many women do.

But I watched Mandy last week in singles and she was constantly improving her net play. She really plays a fine volley, you're right, its a question of confidence to finish the point by playing an aggressive, flat volley. But I think if you play on a surface like Roehampton its even more difficult to move up to the net.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #4239

Quote:
I think it's a question of the right feeling to move up, confidence too, yes. Of course you need a good volley, if you don't have any, you stay in the cross rallye as many women do.

But I watched Mandy last week in singles and she was constantly improving her net play. She really plays a fine volley, you're right, its a question of confidence to finish the point by playing an aggressive, flat volley. But I think if you play on a surface like Roehampton its even more difficult to move up to the net.

Yes a very fast surface, but Thorpe did it.....

I think seeing her today that with more confidence/belief, and a couple of good wins will do that, she will start to climb UP again, hope so
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #4240
country flag Bino

Quote:
Yes a very fast surface, but Thorpe did it.....

I think seeing her today that with more confidence/belief, and a couple of good wins will do that, she will start to climb UP again, hope so

We hope as well and to be honest I am quite sure about it.

Is the surface in Roehampton as rough as it looks like on photos?

Edit: Mandy told on facebook she will play 25k Stuttgart, 50k Versmold and 100k Biarritz.

Shelby must have played solidly.

Last edited by Bino : Jun 18th, 2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #4241
country flag Bino

Rogers lost in QF to Kania in close three sets.
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #4242
country flag Bino

Old Jun 21st, 2014, 03:48 AM   #4243
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

She looks amazing in white...

Well in anything, but that pic (minus the facial expression )....

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2014, 11:21 AM   #4244
country flag Bino

I like her facial expression in that pic it shows her character and her spirit. Amazing anyway!
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:32 PM   #4245
country flag Bino

25k Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Md:

Mandy's quarter:

(8)Viktorija Golubic (SUI) v Q
Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) v Q
Kathinka von Deichmann (LIE) v (wc)Stefanie Stemmer (GER)
(2)Mandy Minella (LUX) v Q

Not bad, Krejcikova could be tricky then. Let's wait for the qualifier.

Plus that means that Mandy will likely play on Wednesday.

Last edited by Bino : Jun 23rd, 2014 at 02:40 PM.