Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 266 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #3976
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Couldn't use 2 BPs but plays well
Bino is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #3977
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Hold by service winner
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #3978
country flag Bino

Maria is taking more risk now

Mandy has to serve at 34
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #3979
country flag Bino

Lost second set. Got angry because of the defensive slice of Maria, was loudly complaining, hope she keeps her concentration level. She's very aggressive, I think this will help her.
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #3980
country flag Bino

Mandy holds for 32.

She's aggressive and focused!
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #3981
country flag Bino

Lost her serve and was throwing her racket
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #3982
country flag Bino

Saved two match points and got the hold. Has to break now
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #3983
country flag Bino

Break 55

Feel she'll win it
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #3984
country flag Bino

Hold 65*

Awesome backhand winner down the line, was not her first one BTW
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #3985
country flag Bino

My only survival option was to believe in her all the time. It helped!

64 36 75

Winning a match after saving two match points, this will make her confident for sure!!!

Old Jun 11th, 2014, 05:48 PM   #3986
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

Mandy Phew...Way to fight!! Please win the next round with less drama...

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 11:13 PM   #3987
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Oh thank god. But finally she's won a close one, this will do her good

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #3988
country flag Bino

How should I start my report, hmm ...

It happened 2 meters directly under my seat and it was the turn around in this match.

Mandy has just lost her service for 3/4* in the last set. She was raging, threw her racket at least 5 meters against the palisade.
She earned some exigant glimpses of some spectators, got a bit afraid of her own emotions and ... was smiling then

I tried to help her, gave her a short come on. She obviously was focussing new, but couldnt break Maria, was *35 behind.
You know what happened then. She had to serve against the match and saved 2 MPs and this was not just luck, no, it was the result of a courageous and confident match play in such a close situation. You can imagine how deeply I was impressed when she finished her service for 4/5*

It felt like natural that she was breaking her opponent after this brave mental performance.

Then I wrote in this thread that I feel she would win this match - and this was not just a phrase. I was serious by this.
And finally she did it.
She wanted this win and she got it. I'm sure who's winning such a match can achieve all.
This mental stepstone was that important for her, much better than a usual 3 & 4 win.
This was the psychological story of that match.

In behalf on some technical issues I realised some weaknesses on her net play; too often she couldnt finish the volleys (but sometimes nice smashes and drives though!!!) at the net and get passed but at least she was trying it.
Amazing her BH down the line, I guess she produced at least 8 winners by this shot and was preparing a lot more points by this. I was surprised how good her BH was working.
Her serve was solid but she got not so many direct points by her first serve coz she often served just on rate.
Of course she was hitting several winners by her FH but it was crazy how much Maria was able to bring back so Mandy got a bit desperate and was insulting Marias slice game
Anyway I could understand her rage as far as she has to work so hard for every point for Maria brought back so many balls by her slice, BH and FH as well.

To finish this story I just loved to see the way how she makes her shots, so powerful and so courageously and when she added a portion of mental aggressiveness her shots get even way better.

Tomorrow first match on Center Court 1 (cam!!!) vs Cindy Burger at 2 pm european time (Kev time 10 pm I think). Way to go

Last edited by Bino : Jun 12th, 2014 at 12:47 AM.
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #3989
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report again Bino Are you going tomorrow again?

How does Burger play?

Old Jun 12th, 2014, 02:02 AM   #3990
country flag Kəv.

Mandy Minella
7 hours ago
Two good wins for me in Essen,beating Justine Ozga 62 76 and today Tatjana Maria 63 36 75 saving two matchpoints.
Tomorrow i ll play Cindy Burger at 2 pm.

Closed Thread