Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 212 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #3166
country flag Boogaloo

Boogaloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Can someone please translate her interview on the phone the interview can be found on wort news.
If you are really a Mandy fan, you should start learning luxembourgish

In the meantime, we can help you out. Here's what she said:

- She's happy to have won this difficult match
- She planned with her coach to play fast crosscourt balls, but without overpowering
- She was able to get into the match quickly and played a solid first set
- The match became difficult in the second set when Carina came back, but she was lucky to break again and close the match.
- She's satisfied with her game and the way she handled the match
- She was able to convert 5 out of 8 break points by avoiding return errors
- Pav is a very experienced and solid player, so Mandy has to up her game again a notch to have a chance, but she feels good and confident
Boogaloo is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #3167
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

It is so kind of you. Thx for your translation.

2011 French Open + 2014 Australian Open -> 2014 Apia International Sydney -> 2014 BMW Malaysian Open
SurfingPikachu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 08:05 PM   #3168
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Well I didnt watch much. I watched from 2-0 to 3-1 then couldnt stand the heat and then came back coz I thought she would finish soon when 4-0 up, but I came wrong time to witness the choke thank god she broke back. Pfizenmaier was also there cheering Carina on and also like 70% of the crowd was going for Carina while only a couple of guys was going for Mandy. She played some lovely fh winners towards the end and screamed a "YESS" and jumped on MP
Maybe German tourists who were cheering for Carina. Nice to read her forehand was working well! And obviously she could handle the heat way better than you

Seriously, it was very smart to prepare in South Africa for AO! Would have liked to see her jump at the end. Can fully understand this because I was unable to watch the score coz I always remembered the Watson match I couldn't get out of my mind! She must be so relieved after all.

Hope for a stream its horrible to follow the live score!
Bino is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #3169
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post

- She planned with her coach to play fast crosscourt balls, but without overpowering
- The match became difficult in the second set when Carina came back, but she was lucky to break again and close the match.
- She was able to convert 5 out of 8 break points by avoiding return errors
- Pav is a very experienced and solid player, so Mandy has to up her game again a notch to have a chance, but she feels good and confident
Thanks for translation too

It's important for her game not to overpower but to take the opponent under pressure though! This must be her strategy against Pavs too as she gotta force errors by her! Will be a difficult match because Pavs will go quickly for the winner and try to overpower Mandy.

Especially after the Watson match it was so important for her mental condition not to choke again. To serve it out will give her strength and confidence for the next matches.

Finally she was finishing several bad streaks, first win in a slam outside us open, first singles win of the season and avoiding choke!

For sure she feels proud and satisfied right now

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #3170
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
You could see the difference from AO2013 to yesterday, it seems she had more power in her shots and was more consistent (bh at times)

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZE LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 03:01 AM   #3171
country flag Bino

Quote:
You could see the difference from AO2013 to yesterday, it seems she had more power in her shots and was more consistent (bh at times)

Interesting that you remark it. This was my impression of the last season that she was improving continuously. I remember Stephens and Wozniacki where she had no problem to follow the pace. She's able right now to dominate rallies. She also can surprise her opponents by hitting her backhand down the line to prepare points she finishes by her forehand. I can imagine this pattern could be watched yesterday too? I remarked it at her win in Captiva!

I'm curious to see her play vs Pavs! She can play without pressure. Use it Mandy!

I hope there's a stream and the match is scheduled not too late.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #3172
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I actually always got the impression that Mandy is a hard hitter, she's a strong and tall girl. The weakpoint for her is that she can become erratic when she tries to hit hard continuously.

But of course she has been hitting even heavier over the last season, and dominating rallies as Bino says. That's where she has risen, she is pushing opponents around a lot more than before.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 09:33 AM   #3173
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Dammit on court 19 (non streamed). First on for singles then later doubles same court. Tomorrow im not going 44° and I need a rest as well.

Old Jan 15th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #3174
country flag Kəv.

No Federer/Minella in the mixed draw

Old Jan 15th, 2014, 11:42 AM   #3175
country flag Boogaloo

Boogaloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Dammit on court 19 (non streamed).
Does that mean the organisers consider this as one of the least interesting matches? The only other singles match on that court tomorrow is Klizan (LL) - Rola (Q).

But Pavs is seeded, and Mandy is in the Top 10 of the most attractive players

Same combination as Cornet and Giorgi, who can play on the Margaret Court Arena.

Last edited by Boogaloo : Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:52 AM.
Boogaloo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #3176
country flag Kəv.

Quote:
Does that mean the organisers consider this as one of the least interesting matches? The only other singles match on that court tomorrow is Klizan (LL) - Rola (Q).

Yes probably..

Old Jan 15th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #3177
country flag Bino

Quote:
Dammit on court 19 (non streamed). First on for singles then later doubles same court. Tomorrow im not going 44° and I need a rest as well.

Mandy told on facebook that she's worried about the heat. She's right when she suggests matches should be started later on. When it is too hot even for spectators what shall then players say?

It's very disappointing that she has to play on a court without stream

So there's just one way she has to reach the third round!

Old Jan 15th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #3178
country flag Bino

Quote:
She is maybe even in the Top one in this respect

Last edited by Bino : Jan 15th, 2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #3179
country flag Bino

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I actually always got the impression that Mandy is a hard hitter, she's a strong and tall girl. The weakpoint for her is that she can become erratic when she tries to hit hard continuously.

But of course she has been hitting even heavier over the last season, and dominating rallies as Bino says. That's where she has risen, she is pushing opponents around a lot more than before.
I also think she's on a good way in finding a balance between hard hitting and playing safely! When I watched her several times very carefully I was remarking that she plays at her best when she tries to force errors instead of going directly for the winner! She sometimes plays a mixture of power, patience and even tricky angles. She's able to surprise her opponents what's in my opinion the most important thing to force own points and to control the match at all!

I remember the reporter in Captiva who said repeatedly that Mandy would play the perfect game.

Hitting as hard as possible without making many unforced errors is the definition of consistency! In this respect she has improved a lot and I hope she gets some opportunities to demonstrate it!

Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #3180
country flag Bino

43 degrees atm in Melbourne!

Closed Thread