Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 169 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #2521
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

I saw Mandy live play live 3 times!2 times in Guangzhou,1 time in Shenzhen
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #2522
country flag Bino

Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold

Great
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #2523
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

I saw her double match with Babos in 2012 China Open.

They lost the match to Dushevina/Rosolska.

But after match, she still came to autograph for me. So nice!

So after that match, I followed to support her till now.
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #2524
country flag Bino

Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold
She's just lovely.

When I was watching her in Nürnberg she was winning against Pegula and afterwards losing vs LDL who was in good form to that time and furthermore the favourite on clay.

Then we had a beauty doubles combination with Mandy and Jule but Jule had problems with her wrist and Mandy couldn't withstand alone. They lost 2&1

Mandy after her match vs Pegula

And no, this curly haired guy is not me I took the picture

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1385559569350.jpg (57.4 KB, 33 views)
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #2525
country flag Bino

Mandy will be playing Olga Savchuk today:

http://instagram.com/p/hN_bfgCPvN/#
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #2526
country flag Bino

Guess she was defeated today but I have not yet got an official confirmation for that

Her team seems to be in the semifinal though so I hope she could win her doubles at least!

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #2527
country flag Bino

No good news ... so be careful if you continue to read

she lost in singles to Savchuk 36 36 and in doubles with Audrey Bergot 16 26 to Beygelzimer/Savchuk. At least her team has reached the semis vs. Metz.

Her first loss after 7 wins in a row. She's already left Paris and I don't know if she is playing in the semis (btw last round Robin like a semifinal).

Maybe its better for her to recover a bit to start the pre season in South Africa.

Last edited by Bino : Nov 27th, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #2528
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #2529
country flag Bino

Any news?

What do you think are your expectations for the new season?

I think she'll get into the top 60.

I was thinking about her loss against Savchuk (wta #186 ). Look at her picture before the match. There wasn't any aggressiveness, they obviously hat fun together, Mandy didn't take it much seriosly. And when leaving Paris she was in a good mood.

Quote:
Bye Paris,see you in may http://instagram.com/p/hOiO79iPsj/
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 05:18 AM   #2530
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

In my expection, she may be around top 70.

She isn't stable.

But I really want her to realize her 1st WTA single title.

This year she reached SF in Marrakesh and Tashkent. Hope she can do better next year.
Old Nov 30th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #2531
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not that convinced yet that Mandy is really back as the opposition in Captiva wasn't that strong (all her opponents have been outside top 200).

In order to get to top 70 or better she needs to beat top 100 players on a more regular base (only 2 top 100 wins in second half of 2013 is too less).

Consistency has always been a problem (even after her great US Open 3d rounds) but another one is that she rarely performs well at Grand Slams when she goes into an even match or where she is the favourite. She performed much better against Stephens and Serena than she did against the qualifiers (Savinykh, Pfizenmaier).

I hope she gets a Savinykh like draw again at the next Australian Open and shows her performance of the Stephens match. I would really like her get past the first round outside of the US Open for the first time.
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 12:40 AM   #2532
country flag Bino

It's all a question of mental strength. I think sometimes she just doesn't believe enough in her own capabilities. If she do so she will have more Top 100 wins. She would have beaten Stephens in NY if she hadn't lost the belief in it in the tiebreak because both players were absolutely even, maybe Mandy even a bit better on this day. There was missing only a very small piece of belief.

Her win in Captiva of course had also to do with her opponents were not that high in the ranking. So she was very confident to win these matches. This confidence sometimes misses at WTA events. Maybe too often yet but who knows what's in the future. I hope she gets to be pushed by Captiva as well. She should be able to improve her consistency.

Her strategy must be to take her oppontents under pressure und to force errors instead of just waiting for them. In Captiva she had a clearly seen pattern either finishing the points by her forehand (if the opponent gets too short) or forcing errors by her forehand (good pace and deepness) and even by backhand.

The crucial point of course is her backhand. Here she needs a bit more consistency and why shouldn't this be possible? She hits nice angles and is able to surprise by hitting the ball cross and down the line either to prepare her points. I was watching that pattern as a part of her game several times very attentively, especially in the end of the year. So pls do it against higher ranked players too. Just try it! Whenever she plays with a certain aggressiveness she improves her chances to win the matches. She should be aware of this.

She just has to believe in her strengths also against stronger opponents and if she do so she will see that even many Top 100 players are not unbeatable for her.

And yeah it would be so nice see her winning a WTA event, hope for Nürnberg
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 03:22 AM   #2533
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Out of curiosity did Stephens play badly in the USO match because no offence at her best she is better than Mandy...

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 04:19 AM   #2534
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Out of curiosity did Stephens play badly in the USO match because no offence at her best she is better than Mandy...
It probably wasnt Sloanes best day but she did step it up when she was in trouble and during crucial moments.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 04:58 AM   #2535
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

BTW why was she crying when she lost...

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote