SEWTA 2013 Calendar-MM Prize Money $235K, Copahagen Still IN, No Katowice - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #31
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: NEW SEWTA 2013 Calendar - Memphis Cancel, 4 New MM Including Cairo, Rio De Janeir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix643 View Post
They moved Paris forward....
Now it is straight after the AO, instead of one week later.

You don't have to be a genius to see what's that going to do with the player's field....

Another European Indoor tournament ruined...
Very bad move...
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #32
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NEW SEWTA 2013 Calendar - Memphis Cancel, 4 New MM Including Cairo, Rio De Janeir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
Minor tweaks/improvements to the calendar as usual. All these small tweaks of recent years keep steadily making the WTA calendar a bit more rational.

Shifting Fed Cup week 1/Paris GDF isn't an improvement though. My guess is that the WTA is trying to choke Paris GDF to death by depriving its draw of quality players and/or force the organizers to upgrade the event and buy a better place on the calendar. If the WTA is making a move against tournaments that stand alone in the calendar and lead to nothing, then they should do the same to Charleston.

Maybe there are some grasscourts left at a club used by the British Army back in the day. I know they have them in Pakistan, for instance.

Anyway, I suppose this will be an all-new venue at some brand new resort trying to promote itself internationally, and they can afford to set up whatever playing surface they wish. Biggest problem will be the heat, as we've discussed before.
they are trying, putting monterry the same week as it next year, the 11-40 ranked girls would all surely rather stick with hardcourts straight after miami. plus monterry has always been able to pull a top 10 player as well so we might see an aga, petko ect there if the price is right next year.

p.s i agree this is the killing off of paris indoors RIP

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01

Last edited by sammy01 : Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: edit
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #33
country flag Shaun:::

Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of Shaun::: has much to be proud of

the first week of MM may be Hainan and probably wont be HongKong

Date-Peng-Dokic-Dani
Davydenko-Ancic

Görges-Brands-Haas
Shaun::: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #34
Mynarco
Zoooooooooom

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun::: View Post
the first week of MM may be Hainan and probably wont be HongKong
what?

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #35
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-MUG View Post

I see the WTA is never running out of stupid ideas. The calendar is getting worse and worse each year.
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #36
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

I dont think it's Hong Kong either... No body cares about tennis here, they just watch Premier League... And the crowd will be even worse if the field is shit...
I think the exho here cancelled is because the lack so sponsor and too costly...
Also, putting Hong Kong here is not appropriate because it's gonna be cold at the beginning of the year and Australia is soooo hot that time...

But I would definitely hope that's the case and so gonna to watch no matter how the field is...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #37
Mynarco
Zoooooooooom

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it will be Hong Kong as well. Cannot imagine how empty CC will be if the play starts at noon

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #38
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono! View Post
I don't think it will be Hong Kong as well. Cannot imagine how empty CC will be if the play starts at noon
Even worse than Copenhagen/Guangzhou

Everyone's gonna work here, and I believe not even 10% of ppl here know who is Azarenka

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #39
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
really hope cairo doesn't happen again. it would mean birmingham's draw would be decreased to 32 players not 56, i go to brum so want as many players there as possible and as much tennis as possible.
Brum field will only go to 32 if another WTA tourn held that week is gonna be on GRASS.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #40
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxQue View Post
What are Performance Byes, which the document is talking about for Cincinnati and Beijing?
Tokyo semifinalists will get a R1 bye in Beijing. Montreal finalists (plus 8 highest seeds) will get a R1 bye in Cincinnati.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #41
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Will Cairo be on grass?
Again, European fall season is shit
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #42
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Do the top-seeded players receive BYEs at the Paris Indoors? If that's the case, it might not be too bad as it means they won't have to play until Thursday. Even so, the tournament still deserves much better.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #43
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

poor Sofia Arvidsson
MEMPHIS GOAT
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #44
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
Do the top-seeded players receive BYEs at the Paris Indoors? If that's the case, it might not be too bad as it means they won't have to play until Thursday. Even so, the tournament still deserves much better.
This year only the top 2 seeds had bye
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #45
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

Very good plan this time! Nice to see Paris/Pattaya right after AO with FC heading after and then Doha/Dubai.
Make them yours only from 30 E.
SPY+, POLICE, RAY BAN, OAKLEY, AERO, R2
always authentic. always sunnies. always yours!

Richie's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote