New Big West - 2012-13 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2012, 02:31 AM   #61
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice
Re: Big West - 2012-13

gouci, I would not spend too much time evaluating Onaga's game right now since she has not yet been trained by the talented coach from LBSU. I am sure after one semester of excellent training she will become the typical LBSU player that smashes another under achieving anteater. Have some fun now but another a$$ kicking is on the way, you know the routine.
RobertCB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 09:30 AM   #62
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Summer Circuit Championships

Below are the results for the ITA Summer Circuit Championships.

Big congrats to UC Irvine's Kristina Smith for winning the Laguna Niguel tournament and qualifying for the Championships.

Kristina achieved something I don't recall a Long Beach St. player ever doing before which is winning a Summer Circuit event.

Kristina qualified but didn't fly to Indiana University for the Finals. Other west coast players decided to pass on the event.

Summer Circuit Championship results
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #63
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

I got curious since everyone else has stopped posting after 'someone' decided to post insults and offensive insuations rather than stick to tennis.

So here goes a Big West update where there seems to be more subtractions and questions than additions:

Cal Poly - Appears to have lost # 1 Alexa Lee as she is off the roster

Hawaii - Appears to have lost blue chip sophomore, and WAC Freshman of the Year, Jamie Pawid

UC Davis - Has lost # 3 Kelly Chui to Cal (as previously reported)

CSUN - Graduated top two but still appears to have one vacancy. 4 star Leslie Chang is listed on tennisrecruiting.net.

UCSB - Who knows as they have new coach and graduated #1, # 2 and # 4 starters but nobody has posted as committing. The new coach did like to go international at Fresno.

Fullerton - Roster has been posted and they have added a bunch of players. 4 star Emilia Borkowski is on their roster though she had UCSB and SD State listed as her preferences.

LB - Adds a third freshman, Ebba Unden, according to tennisrecruiting.net so LB would still have one more to fill.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #64
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman49 View Post
I got curious since everyone else has stopped posting after 'someone' decided to post insults and offensive insuations rather than stick to tennis.

So here goes a Big West update where there seems to be more subtractions and questions than additions:

Cal Poly - Appears to have lost # 1 Alexa Lee as she is off the roster

Hawaii - Appears to have lost blue chip sophomore, and WAC Freshman of the Year, Jamie Pawid

UC Davis - Has lost # 3 Kelly Chui to Cal (as previously reported)

CSUN - Graduated top two but still appears to have one vacancy. 4 star Leslie Chang is listed on tennisrecruiting.net.

UCSB - Who knows as they have new coach and graduated #1, # 2 and # 4 starters but nobody has posted as committing. The new coach did like to go international at Fresno.

Fullerton - Roster has been posted and they have added a bunch of players. 4 star Emilia Borkowski is on their roster though she had UCSB and SD State listed as her preferences.

LB - Adds a third freshman, Ebba Unden, according to tennisrecruiting.net so LB would still have one more to fill.
Heard Pawid is at a JC as she couldn't get a release and will look to transfer to a D1 next year.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #65
country flag beachman49

Usually when a school does not grant a release that is because they believe some school was illegally recruiting the player to transfer. Or the player gave them really late notice after they had already signed their renewal. I have no info in this case but that is typical of a denial in several sports I follow.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #66
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

LBSU schedule;

Beach Invitational
01/18/13 Beach Invitational Long Beach, Calif. TBA
01/19/13 Beach Invitational Long Beach, Calif. TBA
01/20/13 Beach Invitational Long Beach, Calif. TBA

01/25/13 at Cal State Fullerton Fullerton, Calif. 2:00 PM PT
01/26/13 vs. UC Riverside Long Beach, Calif. 11:00 AM PT
02/01/13 at Loyola Marymount Los Angeles, Calif. 1:30 PM PT
02/09/13 vs. LSU Long Beach, Calif. 11:00 AM PT
02/10/13 vs. UC Santa Barbara Long Beach, Calif. 11:00 AM PT
02/15/13 at San Diego State San Diego, Calif. 2:00 PM PT
02/16/13 vs. Hawai'i Long Beach, Calif. 11:00 AM PT
02/22/13 at UNC Greensboro Greensboro, N.C. 2:00 PM ET
02/23/13 at Wake Forest Winston-Salem, N.C. 12:00 PM ET
02/24/13 at North Carolina State Cary, N.C. 10:00 AM ET

03/02/13 at UC Irvine Irvine, Calif. 11:00 AM PT
03/07/13 vs. Eastern Michigan Long Beach, Calif. 2:00 PM PT
03/08/13 vs. Boston College Long Beach, Calif. 1:00 PM PT
03/14/13 vs. Louisville Long Beach, Calif. 2:00 PM PT
03/20/13 vs. Iowa Long Beach, Calif. 2:00 PM PT
03/22/13 vs. Wyoming Long Beach, Calif. 2:00 PM PT

03/30/13 vs. Cal State Northridge Long Beach, Calif. 11:00 AM PT
04/04/13 at Sacramento State Sacramento, Calif. 3:00 PM PT
04/05/13 at UC Davis Davis, Calif. 2:00 PM PT
04/06/13 at Pacific Stockton, Calif. 11:00 AM PT
04/13/13 vs. Cal Poly Long Beach, Calif. 11:00 AM PT

They're visiting North Carolina this year, playing 3 teams.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM   #67
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman49 View Post
Noticing someone resembles someone else is not an insult just an observation.

But posting look-a-likes can be hilariously funny.

I was on the floor laughing my butt off for weeks after seeing who the Long Beach St. head coach resembled.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:31 AM   #68
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

it seems Goettsching/Smith are playing dbls at WAATC.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #69
country flag gouci

Fantic who will play #1 singles for Long Beach State this season?

- Sarah Cantlay
- Klaudia Malenovska
- Eva Rodriguez
- Ebba Unden
- Anne-Sophie Willems

Compared with last season all of the above would have been playing in the lower half of the line-up behind Anais Dallara, Rachel Manasse and Laura Bernard.

That's how far Long Beach St. has fallen off. Three players who are just #4 singles in caliber will have to play at the top of the LBS line-up.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #70
country flag fantic

when will UCI update their roster & schedule?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #71
country flag beachman49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
when will UCI update their roster & schedule?

UCI staff probably busy dusting off their ONE trophy... the one trophy that came with only one usuable arm to hold it and resulted in a 9-1 vote to change an unethical rules loophole.

Regards this year's team, any time you have to replace 1/2 team it's going to be a big curve. Don't forget LB also had mid-pack teams in 2004 and 2005 that won the season ending tournament as they historically improve as the year goes on.

Ms. Bernard had informed Coach in late February she was going to retire from tennis and return home to study in a specialized medicine program there. But she completed her commitment. That was pretty pubic knowledge most of last season. Really nice girl but she was done with playing tennis which, IMHO, is better than than being one of the many So Cal kids that want to keep a scholarship but don't really want to play tennis anymore.

Left a classy winner in my book. Has a Big West title and two NCAA matches in her resume too!

While Mr. Gouci is himself yet again, just a reminder that Form points out:

2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

And of course 2010 with a one armed asterisk.

Either way, we will see where it goes. 12 consecutive conference finals, 10 Big West titles (since everyone seems to count regular season titles to having noticed a big banner at Cal Poly last year), 9 NCAA berths and 2 NCAA wins.

Are they done dusting that ONE UCI 'one armed' trophy yet?
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #72
country flag fantic

^ even Stanford fans don't brag this persistently

Smith is also playing sgls, it seems.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #73
country flag gouci

Quote:

But I suspect beachman will only be reminiscing about the past and won't be talking much about the present.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #74
country flag fantic

Quote:

Smith is also playing sgls, it seems.
They spelled the name wrong;

Christina Smith UC Irvine
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #75
country flag beachman49

Quote:
Even USC fans don't incesistently try to bemoan Stanford despite being unable to beat them.

But to your point I'll help Gouci brag a bit about their recent decade.

UCI is a very respectable and consistent program!
2002 - 2ND to Long Beach State
2003 - 3RD to Cal Poly & elminimated by Long Beach State
2004 - 2ND to Long Beach State
2005 - 3RD to Long Beach State and eliminated by Pacific
2006 - 2ND to Long Beach State
2007 - 3RD to Long Beach State and eliminated by Cal Poly
2008 - 2ND to Long Beach State
2009 - 2ND to Long Beach State
2010 - *** one and ethical line up rule since changed..
2001 - 2ND to Long Beach State
2012 - 2ND to Long Beach State
Record vs Long Beach State: 1-14-1***

Now, if someone would stop the constant back biting about my school (I do recall at least two UCI starters 'biting the dust' after the 2010 cheat year) then I am sure the rest of us would stop with the 'LB bragging'