French Open Ratings - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #121
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
I'm sure if Henin played the people Pova did at RG, at Wimbledon, she'd also have a Wimbledon title. Unfortunately Henin played in an era where you had a 5 times champion, a 3 times champion and a very, very good grasscourt player named Mauresmo
So you think henin would beat your favorite (once again, it's not serena) on GRASS? how the almighty unbeatable grass goat-tra has fallen!
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #122
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Bartoli played much better at Wimbledon than Petra has all year

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #123
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
"she is not that well known in the U.S. and is therefore not a global icon"

for example: football is not that well known in the US, so it means its not the world's most popular sport?? Ok, by your logic of USA = World then you are right.

Ughh, after all of your comments on various threads where you said that that she is well-known and loved among non-tennis fans in every country across the globe, now you want to act like you never said that. The U.S. is part of the globe, and if a player is not well-known and loved in the U.S., then they are not well-known and loved in every country across the globe. And stop throwing out the "USA = World" bullshit. I have never said that, and I am hardly one of those Americans who thinks "USA uber alles!"

And using your example re: football.... if you were to say that football is the most popular sport across the entire globe, and I then said that it's not that popular in the U.S., you could then say, yes, but it is popular in every other country. Alternatively, you could bad rep me and everyone else who said that football is not that popular in the U.S. and tell us that we are wrong, and that it is popular in every country, even among people who don't like sports. That second alternative is the one you took regarding Sharapova being the biggest women's tennis icon ever. You can't go back now and pretend you took the first alternative.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #124
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Ughh, after all of your comments on various threads where you said that that she is well-known and loved among non-tennis fans in every country across the globe, now you want to act like you never said that. The U.S. is part of the globe, and if a player is not well-known and loved in the U.S., then they are not well-known and loved in every country across the globe. And stop throwing out the "USA = World" bullshit. I have never said that, and I am hardly one of those Americans who thinks "USA uber alles!"

And using your example re: football.... if you were to say that football is the most popular sport across the entire globe, and I then said that it's not that popular in the U.S., you could then say, yes, but it is popular in every other country. Alternatively, you could bad rep me and everyone else who said that football is not that popular in the U.S. and tell us that we are wrong, and that it is popular in every country, even among people who don't like sports. That second alternative is the one you took regarding Sharapova being the biggest women's tennis icon ever. You can't go back now and pretend you took the first alternative.

anyone that reads that will think you mean that you have to be well known in the US to be a global icon.
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #125
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Quite bizarre to see Sharapova's star power can't beat Schivone's finals.
True.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #126
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

Quote:

anyone that reads that will think you mean that you have to be well known in the US to be a global icon.
My mistake. Given that you proclaimed Sharapova a global icon among non-tennis fans, and the resulting discussion where-in you claimed that she is well-known among non-tennis fans in every country on the globe, I thought we had established that, in the context of this discussion, global icon means an icon in every country across the globe.

Now, are you going to address my second point re: football?

You wrote:

Quote:
for example: football is not that well known in the US, so it means its not the world's most popular sport?? Ok, by your logic of USA = World then you are right.
In our discussions re: Sharapova, you never once used the argument, "sure, she's not overly popular among non-tennis fans in the U.S., but she's still the most popular over the rest of the world," which is essentially your argument in the quote above re: football. On the contrary, you argued that Sharapova is extremely popular among non-tennis fans in every country, including the U.S. Given this, how does your football statement relate at all to this discussion?
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #127
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Towanda,all I can say is you must be extremely pressed to keep going on and on about this,trying your utmost to take Maria down a peg
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #128
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Bartoli played much better at Wimbledon than Petra has all year
Maybe this year. Overall.

But Bartoli hasn't ever managed more than 5 games against Sharapova, even on a grass court the year she so famously took Justine out.

Last edited by faboozadoo15 : Jun 14th, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #129
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziros View Post
Towanda,all I can say is you must be extremely pressed to keep going on and on about this,trying your utmost to take Maria down a peg
It's pathetic.

Maybe Serena can get 2 RG titles because she was so highly rated in 2002.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #130
country flag Towanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziros View Post
I'm not pressed at all, and actually, I kind of like Sharapova. I used to not like her at all, but I've warmed up to her over the past few months. I just think it's pretty amusing that there have been so many threads that proclaim her the biggest tennis icon ever, one of the most versatile ever, etc, etc. It's like GM has turned into the Maria Sharapova worship board. It isn't like she just won the calendar GS, but a few of her fans somehow think that her winning the FO suddenly turned her into the greatest player ever. Honestly, I'm pretty bored, and while I'm waiting for Eastbourne and the Netherlands tournament to start in a few days, I'm browsing the boards, and these posts by delusional Sharapova fans are the only remotely interesting on the boards right now. So, no, I'm not pressed. Just messing with the delusional kids for fun and entertainment.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #131
faboozadoo15

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #132
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
I'm not pressed at all, and actually, I kind of like Sharapova. I used to not like her at all, but I've warmed up to her over the past few months. I just think it's pretty amusing that there have been so many threads that proclaim her the biggest tennis icon ever, one of the most versatile ever, etc, etc. It's like GM has turned into the Maria Sharapova worship board. It isn't like she just won the calendar GS, but a few of her fans somehow think that her winning the FO suddenly turned her into the greatest player ever. Honestly, I'm pretty bored, and while I'm waiting for Eastbourne and the Netherlands tournament to start in a few days, I'm browsing the boards, and these posts by delusional Sharapova fans are the only remotely interesting on the boards right now. So, no, I'm not pressed. Just messing with the delusional kids for fun and entertainment.
You need to ignore GM, I as one of her biggest diehards is finding TF seriously offputting at the moment. And there's nothing important happening from now til Wimbledon so it will probably stay that way until the tournament begins.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #133
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
You need to ignore GM, I as one of her biggest diehards is finding TF seriously offputting at the moment. And there's nothing important happening from now til Wimbledon so it will probably stay that way until the tournament begins.
I agree.

And the thing is, a lot of Maria fans don't even post in GM. Most of the ones that do unfortunately can't help but troll, which is what posters from other fanbases see and base their opinion on Masha stans on (I'm not talking about you specifically Towanda, just in general). It sucks and it's sad, but it's always been like this.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 03:22 AM   #134
country flag Towanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I know I should ignore GM. I generally do. It is just this lull after the FO is boring and I am still thinking about tennis. I can't wait until the weekend when Eastbourne and the other one start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
I agree.

And the thing is, a lot of Maria fans don't even post in GM. Most of the ones that do unfortunately can't help but troll, which is what posters from other fanbases see and base their opinion on Masha stans on (I'm not talking about you specifically Towanda, just in general). It sucks and it's sad, but it's always been like this.
I really think most people know that these delusional fans that have been posting such crazy shit lately are not representative of the typical Sharapova fan. Most people that I talk to on the boards think Sharapova fans are generally pretty cool. It's just a very small minority that is delusional, and they are so obviously out there that it isn't hard to notice the difference between them and the normal fans.

I'll stop messing with the delusional. It's become less fun anyway.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #135
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Change the title to american tv ratings.
+1

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote