French Open Ratings - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #106
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
she is currently the lowest out of the career slam achievers, however I'm saying she is more versatile than those not proven on all surfaces.
I'm sure if Henin played the people Pova did at RG, at Wimbledon, she'd also have a Wimbledon title. Unfortunately Henin played in an era where you had a 5 times champion, a 3 times champion and a very, very good grasscourt player named Mauresmo
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #107
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
I never discussed the term "icon". I only repeated the known fact - Sharapova is more popular in US than Nadal and Djokovic.
She is also probably more popular than a proctological exam too, but so what?

Again whether or not she is more well known than someone else is not the point. If you really bothered reading what I have written, you will see that I never wrote that no one in the U.S. knows who she is.

For reference, this is from my first post on this topic:

Quote:
So much for all of the recent posts proclaiming Sharapova to be greatest women's tennis icon ever, worshipped and beloved across the entire globe.

There were a few of us on the plethora of Sharapova-is-the-greatest-ever worship threads saying that she is not that well known in the U.S. and is therefore not a global icon, but we were repeatedly told that we were wrong.
I still maintain that she is not as well known and adored in the U.S. as many think she is, and whether or not she is more well known than Nadal, Dkovic, or anyone else doesn't in any way reflect how well-known she is, nor does it reflect her status as an icon. The fact that you never used the word icon is irrelevant. Given that my entire point throughout this discussion is that she is not well-known, beloved, and an icon in the U.S., and given that you argued with me every step of the way, it was implied that you believe that she is well-known, beloved, and an icon in the U.S.

It is ridiculous that now you are saying that your only point is that she is better known than Nadal and Djokovic. How the fuck is that relevant to whether or not she is well-known, beloved, and an icon in the U.S.? What a fucking waste of time to debate this with you when you don't even have the reading comprehension to respond to what I actually wrote.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #108
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
I'm sure if Henin played the people Pova did at RG, at Wimbledon, she'd also have a Wimbledon title. Unfortunately Henin played in an era where you had a 5 times champion, a 3 times champion and a very, very good grasscourt player named Mauresmo
This.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #109
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post

Just STFU. Seriously.
You say murray is a mug (probably true), yet you mention inser and fish
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #110

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Quote:
She lost to Bartoli at wimbledon in 2007 (the season when she was playing her best, won french open and us open)

You think Maria would lose to bartoli on clay? I would not be sure at all if Henin would be kvitova on grass.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #111
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think that's fair though. What Maria accomplished is still incredible. But I don't think it any way makes her "versatile," which is what NadalSharapova seems to be implying.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #112
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
murray is a mug but he's better than any of the american mugs, tennis future is bleak for both countries.
Sure he is. American domination, yes domination, of the sport can only last so long. Right now, mens tennis has a great player from Switzerland, a great player from Serbia, and one great and several good players from Spain. Women's tennis is completely dominated by Eastern Europeans and... tUSA. Western Europe and Asia are picking up scraps. When was the last time a woman from GB even won a MM title?
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #113
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Regum View Post
Most of them actually won their "career" slam within a 1 year period.
that doesn't count for anything. None of them are even near the level of Maria, the greatest tennis icon ever. I'm sure no one will ever reach her amazing feat of taking 8 years to win 4 GSs.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #114

"she is not that well known in the U.S. and is therefore not a global icon"

for example: football is not that well known in the US, so it means its not the world's most popular sport?? Ok, by your logic of USA = World then you are right.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #115

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She lost to Bartoli at wimbledon in 2007 (the season when she was playing her best, won french open and us open)

You think Maria would lose to bartoli on clay? I would not be sure at all if Henin would be kvitova on grass.
Do you think Henin would lose to Grandma Arn on hardcourt ?
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #116
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You say murray is a mug (probably true), yet you mention inser and fish
Murray isn't even a champion. He's a half step above Isner and Fish, I'll give you that. But Roddick >>>>> Murray. America at least has Champions in recent history and the potential for more in the future.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
I don't think that's fair though. What Maria accomplished is still incredible. But I don't think it any way makes her "versatile," which is what NadalSharapova seems to be implying.
Of course it's an accomplishment. Of course it doesn't make her versatile. But this is Davy for ya. He was exactly the same on the other forum
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
Murray isn't even a champion. He's a half step above Isner and Fish, I'll give you that. But Roddick >>>>> Murray. America at least has Champions in recent history and the potential for more in the future.
in the past you have champions, not denying it. However where is the future? murray is a mug but america don't even have a player half as good as murray

i'm not saying british tennis is good, its diabolical but its the same with the usa right now.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #119

Quote:
Do you think Henin would lose to Grandma Arn on hardcourt ?
huh? why are you changing the topic? i never said henin was unproven on hardcourt (she is 2 us and 1 oz open). We are talking about grass and you've been proven wrong.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #120

Quote:
Is Bartoli a better grass court player than kvitova?

is it guaranteed henin would beat kvitova on grass?