French Open Ratings - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #91
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
Says the person who called Maria "versatile" because she completed the Career Slam.
Don't worry..... you'll get used to it and will end up putting him on ignore ...
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #92
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
If you look at the past 2 or 3 years, you will see that Wozniacki got as many or more web searches in the U.S. as Maria did for a period of time.
Not true.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #93
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
Don't worry..... you'll get used to it and will end up putting him on ignore ...
why is it so difficult for you to accept the truth, Sarn?

It is my opinion that she is very versatile but it is backed up by her career slam facts.
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #94
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Regarding me having poor logic because I did not accept your "web searches over time" charts as proof that she is enormously popular. I didn't complain about the length of the periods. It doesn't matter how long the period you show is. The entire period showed nothing but a spike of popularity in 2004 when she won Wimbledon, and a spike in 2012 when she won the FO. The shorter time period showed the spike in 2012. She has spikes when she wins something.
Really your logic is very strange. I am not saying it is poor. It is strange. And it is clear why you think that way, you simply try to go around the facts. The quantity of people who know the person indicates the person's popularity. The spikes you mentioned prove that more people know Sharapova than Nadal. Period. There is nothing more to discuss about.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #95
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
Not true.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
Really your logic is very strange. I am not saying it is poor. It is strange. And it is clear why you think that way, you simply try to go around the facts. The quantity of people who know the person indicates the person's popularity. The spikes you mentioned prove that more people know Sharapova than Nadal. Period. There is nothing more to discuss about.

Go look at September of 2009, and September 2010 for Wozniacki. Her peaks during those months is much higher than Sharapova's. So I guess during those months more people knew who Wozniacki was than Sharapova? If you want to keep considering those spikes as some evidence of how well known she is, you better be prepared to use the same argument regarding Wozniacki. My god, Wozniacki is a tennis icon, worshipped and beloved by all Americans!

And, once again, we are not talking about how many people know who Sharapova is as compared to Nadal or anyone else. Whether or not more Americans know who Sharapova is compared to Nadal, that is in no way evidence that she is an icon, known by people who don't even follow tennis. She might be popular compared to some other players but that doesn't make her well-known among non-tennis fans.

If 1,000 people know who Nadal is, and 2,000 know who Sharapova is (and let me be clear that I am not suggesting these are numbers are true, it is merely an illustration), when you consider the total population, they are both known by a very small percentage of the population. Sharapova being known by twice as many people as Nadal does not in any way reflect how well-known and loved she is.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #96
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
why is it so difficult for you to accept the truth, Sarn?

It is my opinion that she is very versatile but it is backed up by her career slam facts.
I wish you'd get it through your thick head that I'm not Sarn.

Career slam means nothing nowadays.

Now if she was doing what Djokovic was trying to do and that is go for 4 slams in a row, then that would be absolutely bloody amazing, but it's not - she's won 4 GS in 8 years and that's wonderful, but you are, as you always did, getting over-excited.... bless.

I was quite upset the Djokovic didn't do it... as much as I like Djokovic, Nadal's my man.

But please Davey, calm down.
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #97

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

career slam means a lot, thats why there has only beem 5 other women in the open era who have done this. career slam means you can adapt your game to all surfaces which shows versatility

Why was henin so desperate to win wimbledon? why was federer so desperate to get the french open title?
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #98
country flag denny5576

Quote:
And, once again, we are not talking about how many people know who Sharapova is as compared to Nadal or anyone else. Whether or not more Americans know who Sharapova is compared to Nadal, that is in no way evidence that she is an icon, known by people who don't even follow tennis. She might be popular compared to some other players but that doesn't make her well-known among non-tennis fans.
I never discussed the term "icon". I only repeated the known fact - Sharapova is more popular in US than Nadal and Djokovic.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #99
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

Quote:
career slam means a lot, thats why there has only beem 5 other women in the open era who have done this. career slam means you can adapt your game to all surfaces which shows versatility

Why was henin so desperate to win wimbledon? why was federer so desperate to get the french open title?
And how many of those 5 women took 8 years to do it? Yet you keep acting as if Sharapova is the greatest of them all.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #100
country flag canadia

canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps the numbers are skewed because some us chose to watch the match on Eurosport on our computers rather than endure the horrid NBC coverage. I live in Canada, have tv access to NBC but chose to listen to Jo Drurie rather than Johnny Mac.
canadia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #101
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't like him but he at least counts as a player since he is ranked 4 for a while now. the future of american tennis is worse than british tennis, they have no one under the age of 30.
GB > USA.....

At least Roddick won a major, got to #1, made several other major finals. Murray is a mug.

You may not like it, but Isner doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and Fish would be top 10 if he was healthy.

Isn't McHale the youngest player in the top 100? Closely followed by-- Stephens??

Also, check the junior rankings.

faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #102
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And how many of those 5 women took 8 years to do it? Yet you keep acting as if Sharapova is the greatest of them all.
Most of them actually won their "career" slam within a 1 year period.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
GB > USA.....

At least Roddick won a major, got to #1, made several other major finals. Murray is a mug.

You may not like it, but Isner doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and Fish would be top 10 if he was healthy.

Isn't McHale the youngest player in the top 100? Closely followed by-- Stephens??

Also, check the junior rankings.

murray is a mug but he's better than any of the american mugs, tennis future is bleak for both countries.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #104

Quote:
she is currently the lowest out of the career slam achievers, however I'm saying she is more versatile than those not proven on all surfaces.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #105
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
USA is irrelavant nowadays when it comes to tennis. No tennis players male or female under the age of 30 LOL

They only have the old williams

Just STFU. Seriously.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote