French Open Ratings - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #76
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
Your logic is very strange. You did not accept the total period, now you complain about the short periods...
The fact is that in all these periods Maria is more popular than Rafa and Novak in US. And it is nothing new. it is a known fact for many years. All sponsors know it. That's why Sharapova has big contracts in US, but Rafa and Novak have not.
Popularity is not a constant number. It is a dynamic function of many parameters. Sportsmen have ups and downs, sometimes have injuries, and so on. And it reflects in their popularity. That's why the popularity is usually measured for the whole period of activity. And if we talk about the world then the advantage of Sharapova is even bigger. She is very popular in the big Asian countries where Rafa, Federer and Novak are not popular.
On the contrary in the Spanish speaking countries Rafa is by far the most popular.
Everything is very clear and very simple.

What are Sharapova's big U.S. contracts? I know she has a huge contract with Nike, but Nike is a global company so that hardly reflects that she is enormously popular in the U.S. She did have a commercial for Canon, but I haven't seen one of those commercials in a few years. I do see Kim Clijsters and Roger Federer commercials quite frequently though.

Regarding me having poor logic because I did not accept your "web searches over time" charts as proof that she is enormously popular. I didn't complain about the length of the periods. It doesn't matter how long the period you show is. The entire period showed nothing but a spike of popularity in 2004 when she won Wimbledon, and a spike in 2012 when she won the FO. The shorter time period showed the spike in 2012. She has spikes when she wins something. If she were truly as enormously popular as you think she is, she would not only have web searches when she wins something.

And, it is not true that "in all these periods Maria is more popular than Rafa and Novak in US." There are points when their lines are higher than hers, and if we accept web searches as an indicator of popularity, that means at those points in time, they are more popular. If you look at the past 2 or 3 years, you will see that Wozniacki got as many or more web searches in the U.S. as Maria did for a period of time. Would you use that to argue that Wozniacki is worshipped and loved in the U.S.? Probably not, so why do you use web searches to argue that Maria is worshipped and loved in the U.S.? I am not saying that she is not known at all. But, she is certainly not some huge tennis icon in the U.S., loved by even non-tennis fans.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #77
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
In america. In china I'm sure li na's french open win was the most watched tennis match ever.

Don't act as america is the only country. They have 2 old female tennis players and no male players of much ability
Well then let somebody post what ratings where like in other nations. I'm sure it would tell the real story then.
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #78
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In america. In china I'm sure li na's french open win was the most watched tennis match ever.

Don't act as america is the only country. They have 2 old female tennis players and no male players of much ability
At least they have 2 female tennis players who are champions; which is more than can be said about players from where we come from.

I won't mention our male player because I've read that you dislike him
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #79
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
At least they have 2 female tennis players who are champions; which is more than can be said about players from where we come from.

I won't mention our male player because I've read that you dislike him
I don't like him but he at least counts as a player since he is ranked 4 for a while now. the future of american tennis is worse than british tennis, they have no one under the age of 30.
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #80
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

Quote:
why are you having a fit when we said she was the biggest female tennis icon?
I never had a fit over that. And what you said is that she is a the biggest tennis icon ever, known and loved even by those who do not follow tennis. When it was pointed out to you that she is not that well-known by Americans who do not watch tennis, you argued with everyone who said that, and negative repped them. I couldn't care less if she is an icon. I just think it's kind of a stretch to say she's the biggest tennis icon ever, and that everyone knows who she is. I actually find your delusions kind of amusing, and as I'm bored and there are no matches going on that I care about watching, it's bee fun to debate this. So, no, I'm not having a fit. I'm just enjoying seeing how far what I acknowledge as a very small segment of Maria's fanbase, can go in defending their delusions.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #81
country flag Towanda

Quote:
USA is irrelavant nowadays when it comes to tennis. No tennis players male or female under the age of 30 LOL

They only have the old williams
And yet again you make it obvious that you don't know anything about tennis, and you certainly don't watch it regularly. You are just a horny little boy who thinks Sharapova is hot.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #82

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
And yet again you make it obvious that you don't know anything about tennis, and you certainly don't watch it regularly. You are just a horny little boy who thinks Sharapova is hot.
I certainly am an expert on tennis.

There isn't any american under the age of 30 with any ability. Name them, you can't cos there isn't any.

Rubbish players don't count cos any country and come up with a massive list of them
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #83
country flag KarlyM*

KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold

NBC deserves crap ratings for their crap coverage.
I hope they lost money, too.
KarlyM* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #84

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't like him but he at least counts as a player since he is ranked 4 for a while now. the future of american tennis is worse than british tennis, they have no one under the age of 30.
And who do we have?

I can't see anyone for the future. At least they have Harrison, Isner. We only have 1 guy.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #85
country flag Towanda

Quote:

There isn't any american under the age of 30 with any ability. Name them, you can't cos there isn't any.

Rubbish players don't count cos any country and come up with a massive list of them
What a shock. The person who proclaims Sharapova the biggest tennis icon ever proclaims himself a tennis expert.

And no, I'm not going to get into a debate with you about the ability of the younger Americans. There are a couple in particular that I think have great potential though. If you were truly a tennis expert you would know that it takes a great deal of ability to even play professionally. I really despise the assertions that anyone who isn't at the very top of the rankings is absolute crap and has no ability. I don't think you are capable of recognizing skill or talent.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #86

Quote:

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #87
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Says the person who called Maria "versatile" because she completed the Career Slam.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
What a shock. The person who proclaims Sharapova the biggest tennis icon ever proclaims himself a tennis expert.

And no, I'm not going to get into a debate with you about the ability of the younger Americans. There are a couple in particular that I think have great potential though. If you were truly a tennis expert you would know that it takes a great deal of ability to even play professionally. I really despise the assertions that anyone who isn't at the very top of the rankings is absolute crap and has no ability. I don't think you are capable of recognizing skill or talent.
I go for quality rather than quantity.

In your case every country has a lot of players then. I'm talking about players who are very good, maybe being able to challenge for a major, get to the semi's and doing something. I'm not saying the lowly players are worthless, I just don't count them as the future. I recognise skill and talent, I knew both Maria and Nadal were special would win many majors before they won their first major. I knew Nadal would win wimbledon one day back in 2005 when everyone just said he was a one surface wonder, I admit to being a little unsure whether Maria would win the french back in 2005.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #89
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
Says the person who called Maria "versatile" because she completed the Career Slam.

I will never foret you SGT. TIMMYKINZ! You are one of a kind. When you come back pretend that you're a fan of "it" and the mods will look the other way.
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
She can adapt herself and her game to all surfaces (only 5 other women in the open era could do this). That is quite versatile.