Kaia Schedule Thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 08:31 AM   #61
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Kaia Ranking & Schedule Thread

I have her Q&A on my computer... so I will try to post them later today

Graf
vik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 08:35 AM   #62
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
I have her Q&A on my computer... so I will try to post them later today
Great!
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #63
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia's grass season looks to be just 2 tournaments

The Dutch Open (Den Bosch/Rosmalen/Top Shelf Open/??? it has too many names)

Wimbledon

After that it's interesting.. will she return to clay, or take some time off and prepare for the US swing. There are Palermo and Bastad back-to-back after Wimbledon. She hasn't even had a chance to play in Palermo after she won there 2 years ago.. so maybe this year..
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #64
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Kaia's grass season looks to be just 2 tournaments

The Dutch Open (Den Bosch/Rosmalen/Top Shelf Open/??? it has too many names)

Wimbledon

After that it's interesting.. will she return to clay, or take some time off and prepare for the US swing. There are Palermo and Bastad back-to-back after Wimbledon. She hasn't even had a chance to play in Palermo after she won there 2 years ago.. so maybe this year..
I think she should try and play as much as she can without getting injured
I really hope that Kaia can one day get that SF of a GS that she never got at Wimbledon

If she can win one of Bastad or Palermo and then whore up the points at Standford, Carlsbad etc. she should dbe close to Top 15 Although those tournaments will be stronger this year due to there being no Olympics

Still, I think a Career High for the end of the year should be Kaia's goal

If she can make the QF (which is very very achievable given how bad Na has been) then she will almost be Top 20 with virtually no points to defend for 9 Months

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #65
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'd rather she'd take it maybe a bit more lightly, doesn't need to travel tournament to tournament as long as she could just you know.. win them quality over quantity

Anyway, so much for my Palermo guess.. she's entered to Budapest! along with CSN, Cornet, Safarova, Halep to name the currently hot names + Pironkova (grass hot). But this is still so far away, who knows their forms by then..
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:21 PM   #66
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Decided to separate these 2 threads into Ranking and Schedule separately

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #67
country flag chingching

Re: Kaia Schedule Thread

I wish Kaia had played either Birmingham or Nurnberg (preferably Birmingham Qualies to get some match practice) this week to get her back on the right track in terms of confidence

Aside from Jankovic in Nurnberg, she really could have won either tournament IMO and its tournaments like these which she needs to give her confidence and points

BTW, is Kaia rich, as she doesn't seem to A) have many sponsors or B) be much of an extravagent spender, although I have heard she has a car, but it didn't seem ridiculously expensive from what I saw

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #68
country flag WhoAmI?

In Birmingham she would have been seeded. Besides isn't Birmingham known for lousy weather also? She might be have the bad-weather-quota filled for a while now. She was a top seed there a few years ago, but lost to Arina Rodionova, their match was moved from center court to somewhere else to like court 2 or so. In one of her interviews she reminds this as one of her worse losses.

There was this article 3 years ago http://www.ekspress.ee/news/paevauud....d?id=31575981 I don't think it's changed drastically, so.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #69
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
In Birmingham she would have been seeded. Besides isn't Birmingham known for lousy weather also? She might be have the bad-weather-quota filled for a while now. She was a top seed there a few years ago, but lost to Arina Rodionova, their match was moved from center court to somewhere else to like court 2 or so. In one of her interviews she reminds this as one of her worse losses.

There was this article 3 years ago http://www.ekspress.ee/news/paevauud....d?id=31575981 I don't think it's changed drastically, so.
I know but I still think that it would have been beneficial
If she had played she would have been 3rd Seed: She would get a BYE, then probably Pironkova, then Jovanovski, then Ula Radwanska, then Flipkens and then Lisicki, Makarova, Robson or Paszek

They are all winnable IMO even in Roland Garros form so unless she is intentionally playing a small schedule to prevent injury, I think that she really could/should have played here

Has she had any problems with her hip injury from Madrid?

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 09:15 PM   #70
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

I wonder if Kaia is really going to play Budapest after her deep run in Wimbledon. She has no schedule for July on her webpage yet.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 10:08 PM   #71
country flag chingching

I think that she should but if she doesn't I won't be too upset. She has a very genuine shot at a SF here

Old Jul 8th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #72
country flag WhoAmI?

Kaia said she plans to play 4 tournaments in the US, 2 in Asia, and 1 or 2 in the end of the season.

Well, she's entered to

Washington
Toronto (with SR)
Cincinnati (with SR)
US Open

2 in Asia leaves us with Tokyo and Beijing (I assume)

and then maube Moscow (usually a weaker field, but better points and glory than say smaller ones like Lux and Linz)
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #73
country flag muusa

That means she has to win Washington to get to Sofia
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 05:12 PM   #74
country flag WhoAmI?

She has pulled out of Washington and Toronto

Last edited by WhoAmI? : Jul 23rd, 2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #75
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light

Kaia plays US Open

Graf
vik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote