Kaia Schedule Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #1
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Kaia Schedule Thread

This is where we will follow her ranking and look at the tournaments she will be playing
This will only be opened on a temporary basis and will be shut if no one follows it

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : May 31st, 2013 at 02:22 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #2
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Ranking & Schedule Thread

If Kaia doesn't pull out of Eastbourne, she will be the 8th seed
I hope she doesn't play through injury though

Kaia is currently second seed in Bastad too but that week she is also playing in Palermo so she may not play in Bastad. I would recommend that she does because she will be a higher seed and not have to face Radwanska

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #3
country flag chingching

Kaia's Ranking: 16
1. French Open 500
2. Brisbane 470
3. Moscow 320
4. Estoril 280
5. Tokyo 225
6. Brussels 200
7. Beijing 140
8. Australian Open 100
9. US Open 100
10. Copenhagen 70
11. Biella 70
12. Helsinki 24
13. Indian Wells 5
14. Miami 5
15. Wimbledon 5
16. Madrid 5
-------------------------
17. Birmingham 1
18. Eastbourne 1

Total: 2519
Kaia has no substantial points to defend until the 225 in Tokyo

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #4
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

She has already pulled out of Eastbourne.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #5
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
She has already pulled out of Eastbourne.
Kaia now only has 16 tournaments
Soon she will start getting 0's
Luckily for her she has only 9 tournaments of 100 points or more so she really will have an easy run to the top 10 if she can play well until Brisbane next year

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #6
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light

Kaia's schedule as far as I know:
Wimbledon (hopefully)
Palermo
Bastad
Olympics
Montreal
Cinci
Dallas
Us Open
Tokyo
Beijing
Moscow
and...

Graf
vik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #7
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
Kaia's schedule as far as I know:
Wimbledon (hopefully)
Palermo
Bastad
Olympics
Montreal
Cinci
Dallas
Us Open
Tokyo
Beijing
Moscow
and...
Thanks vik
Do you know if Estonia plans on getting more events?
With Anett rising, Kaia sustaining herself and Kenneth and Jurgen coming Estonia should be able to at least get a 25K on top of their 10s

I know it's good to have 10s so the younger ones can play tournaments but it would be good to have larger ones too

I like Kaia's schedule except for maybe Palermo/Bastad and Dallas instead of New Haven. If she does well at wimbledon, Palermo is not good as she will be playing 4 weeks in a row and a quaick change from Grass to Clay is always hard. Bastad isn't as good either as she has Olympics and if she does well in Palermo she may not make good sue of her practice in London for Olympics

Last edited by chingching : Jun 11th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #8
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia's website was very informative before. Now they don't update the calendar anymore (maybe because she wasn't sure to play Birgmingham/Eastbourne, but that wasn't the case before), also I miss the straight link to head-to-heads
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #9
country flag chingching

No Wimbledon Birmingham or Eastbiurne and Bastad and Palermo are looking eunlikely, especially Palermo

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #10
country flag go kaia!

go kaia! has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Kaia's website was very informative before. Now they don't update the calendar anymore (maybe because she wasn't sure to play Birgmingham/Eastbourne, but that wasn't the case before), also I miss the straight link to head-to-heads
there is still some work to be done with Kaias new website but the head-to-heads are there when you click on the opponents name in the statistics or below to the head-to-head link on the day when the match is being held. the calendar is being updated according to Kaias schedule.
go kaia! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #11
country flag WhoAmI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kaia! View Post
there is still some work to be done with Kaias new website but the head-to-heads are there when you click on the opponents name in the statistics or below to the head-to-head link on the day when the match is being held. the calendar is being updated according to Kaias schedule.
I know I can find the head-to-heads. I just liked the list better (for example to browse through the names list, and easily see who she has never played with).
The best thing about the new layout (which has nothing to do with layout though) is Kaia's own comments, and updated pictures.
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #12
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

She will finally break top 15 next week.

Weird timing though
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #13
country flag chingching

Is she going to play some lower level events to compensate her ranking???

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM   #14
country flag WhoAmI?

So, Kaia has entered the following WTA level tournaments till the end of the season:

Seoul, starting Sept 17

Tokyo, starting Sept 23; QF 225 points to defend

Beijing, starting Sept 29; r3 140 points to defend

Moscow, starting Oct 15; F 320 points to defend
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:35 PM   #15
country flag WhoAmI?

Kaia finishes this controversial season at #19, her best year-end rank to date (that including three 0 pointers).

It's beneficial in a way that she can receive a top 20 WC next season, should she need it.