[Wimbledon 2012] What does Moo eat? Grass! - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:18 PM   #781
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Wimbledon 2012] What does Moo eat? Grass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridesMaidPova View Post
ESPN writer's picks for Wimbledon: http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/picks

Chrissie did not pick Maria. All the criticism she got for being biased to Maria got on her.
I think the "Evert is biased towards Maria" is a myth put about by some of the Serena fans tbh I rewatched this year's AO final against Azarenka a few weeks ago (I was only strong enough to do it when I was sure Maria was winning RG ) with Evert as a commentator, and she seemed very fair, almost a little too harsh on Maria I thought
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM   #782
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think Roger's got a really good shot of winning Wimbledon tbh. I love Nole, but grass is his worst surface - he only won last year because his game and confidence were at their absolute peak, I'm expecting him to lose to Berdych in the QFs this year. Nadal still doesn't seem quite back to his best, and Roger might finally be halfway to figuring him out judging by the fact he won 2 of his last 3 matches against Rafa, so he could beat him if they met in the final. And Murray... no comment.
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:21 PM   #783
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so excited. It's nice to be heading into a slam with a sense of excitement and not dread.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:30 PM   #784
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
I'm so excited. It's nice to be heading into a slam with a sense of excitement and not dread.
You usually dread going into slams?
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM   #785
country flag pokey camp

pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute

^^I did when her serve was a mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Yup, I agree. I was surprised how they all confidently picked up Serena to win RG (when she hasn't had that much success on RG lately + she is in a "fragile" state of her career) and now I am surprised at how many people pick up Roger when he is not even close to winning a Slam...
I didn't get that either. Any other slam? Sure. But when was the last time she won anything on red clay?
pokey camp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:33 PM   #786
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Maria's site is now "Wimbledon champion" ... the 2X disappeared.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM   #787
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I actually think Roger's got a really good shot of winning Wimbledon tbh. I love Nole, but grass is his worst surface - he only won last year because his game and confidence were at their absolute peak, I'm expecting him to lose to Berdych in the QFs this year. Nadal still doesn't seem quite back to his best, and Roger might finally be halfway to figuring him out judging by the fact he won 2 of his last 3 matches against Rafa, so he could beat him if they met in the final. And Murray... no comment.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 11:19 PM   #788
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Maria's site is now "Wimbledon champion" ... the 2X disappeared.
Probably Maria opened her site and went all crazy when she saw it.
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 11:46 PM   #789
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #790
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Wow, peak Berdych vs Novak in his worst year at the Top.

Really relevant match
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #791
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Really relevant match
Peak Berdych > Peak Nole on grass,real grass anyway. Nole is better on other surfaces though
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #792
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nole will probably manage to beat Berdych..but like against Tsonga at French, Fed at USO, he will come back from match points down and survive.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #793
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Really relevant match
It was not Novak at his worst, and yes grass was never his best surface. Anyway at this point you can expect Berdych to choke against him so it doesn't really matter even though he is superior on the surface.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #794
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Berdych is "bueno para nada" he won't defeat Novak, trust me. He is capable of one good win, not more.
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #795
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridesMaidPova View Post
ESPN writer's picks for Wimbledon: http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/picks

Chrissie did not pick Maria. All the criticism she got for being biased to Maria got on her.
That's pretty even, five picked Maria, and five picked Serena, which is logical, considering that winning Roland Garros and Wimbledon back to back is almost never done.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote