[Wimbledon 2012] What does Moo eat? Grass! - Page 147 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #2191
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Wimbledon 2012] What does Moo eat? Grass!

Yep, I'll be cheering for Aga
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #2192
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
I know! It just tickles me to think of Serenka losing a W Final to ARad!!!

It would be her greatest humiliation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Yep, I'll be cheering for Aga
no, please, no
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #2193
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

While Serena losing here would undoubtedly be her greatest and funniest flop, she better not do it. No fucking way.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #2194
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

at least Vika is not Wimbledon Champ, because it's not fair ,MAsha beat young tennis Monster, 2012 Serena is a faded shade of real Serena

and Martha vs Sarin 2-8 , including 2 wins at YEC and Wibledon finals, Vika 1-8

Quote:
While Serena losing here would undoubtedly be her greatest and funniest flop, she better not do it. No fucking way.
it will be a disgrace for Wimbledon , but "thanks" Nadal that the surface here is so slow that defensive pushers can advance to the Final

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #2195
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I am so scared. I really hope Serena wins. I really want another Slam for her... I do not want another USO, I won't be able to live with that.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #2196
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

I'm really not a fan of either player. I hoped Kerber would make it so I would have someone to root for
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #2197
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly don't know who to root for in the final. The biggest part of me wants Serena to win, for the sake of the WTA.

but the smaller, petty, bitter part of me wants to be able to continue to be able to use the argument that Maria won a Slam more recently than Serena in GM arguments
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #2198
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

For the sake of the WTA, it would be much better for a full time player like ARad to win the Final than to have the part time Serenka grab another Major.

ARad brings her defensive game and Serenka brings her serve. I want ARad to show the rest of the full time WTA players how to step up and beat Serenka.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #2199
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I honestly don't know who to root for in the final. The biggest part of me wants Serena to win, for the sake of the WTA.

but the smaller, petty, bitter part of me wants to be able to continue to be able to use the argument that Maria won a Slam more recently than Serena in GM arguments
Look it like this: it's the sake of the WTA, versus "she won a slam just a month earlier than Serena"...

@Perseus: yeah she's part-time but it can't be denied she's still the best when she's at 100%, imho. Seeing her go down to Rad would be even sadder. The fact Serena is "part-time" as someone calls her, is one of the reasons she's still around after a 15 years long career... just imagine where players like Kerber or Wozniacki, with all due respect, will be at 31? They will be already retired just because they have to play a lot of matches every year, 'cause their quality isn't the best.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #2200
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

If Serena is tight and passive Aga has a very good chance because the longer those rallies go the less likely she is to win them. Plus Aga will more than likely block or moonball a lot of returns back giving Rena nothing to work with effectively starting the point from scratch. I suppose really her winning would only be a disaster for this forum, her fans are crazy enough as it is. Tennis wise it wouldn't be a complete travesty as she will likely pick up one or two Slams in a couple of years. I don't expect her to have a slump like Caro, it was mainly the glaring technical issues with Caro's FH that led to her slide down the rankings. Plus as much as her variety is grossly overrated on this forum she is very competent at the net. Personally I don't like watching her game but she's very technically sound so I don't see her going anywhere too soon unless something extraordinary happens. That said, as much as Serena milks her experiences, there's only so many times you can say 'I almost dies', I would like to see her win another GS after what she's been through. And if Serena brings her 100% Aga won't get too many games on the board. Aga also like to serve out wide, you need to go down the T both sides with Rena so unless she mixes it up even her first serve will be pounced upon.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #2201
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
@Perseus: yeah she's part-time but it can't be denied she's still the best when she's at 100%, imho. Seeing her go down to Rad would be even sadder. The fact Serena is "part-time" as someone calls her, is one of the reasons she's still around after a 15 years long career... just imagine where players like Kerber or Wozniacki, with all due respect, will be at 31? They will be already retired just because they have to play a lot of matches every year, 'cause their quality isn't the best.
Serenka is beyond question the best athlete to ever play tennis. No one has ever cast doubt on that that I know of. She could have been numbered among the all-time greats like Navratilova and Graff but she isn't. She isn't because she has lacked the committment to the sport throughout her career.

After "daddy" left she has played haphazardly, more likely to withdraw from a tournament she entered than play it. After months off tour and training she plays, gets injured and is out some more. She has done this repeatedly. And I am supposed to feel sorry for her? No! I don't.

There is no doubt she is a tremendous athlete with a fabulous career. When she feels like it and Glory is at hand, she plays.

I am not one to wish her well. Maybe because there were too many tournaments I bought tickets to see her play, only to have her withdraw! Or maybe I just got tired of listening to her berate other players that beat her. Or the massive, totally fabricated lies by the Williamses of "racial" comments at IW and their subsequent boycott that turned me off. Perhaps it was her and her family's assault on #1 Safina that put me over the edge. It could just be her bullying other players and linesmen and umpires on court that did it.

Serenka has earned my dislike throughout her career. She is a gifted athlete but lacks every quality, characteristic, attribute and behavior that generally endear athletes to their fans.

Yeah, I want ARad to win. Low probability, yes. A forlorn hope, nonetheless.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #2202
country flag Trih

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
Serenka is beyond question the best athlete to ever play tennis. No one has ever cast doubt on that that I know of. She could have been numbered among the all-time greats like Navratilova and Graff but she isn't. She isn't because she has lacked the committment to the sport throughout her career.

After "daddy" left she has played haphazardly, more likely to withdraw from a tournament she entered than play it. After months off tour and training she plays, gets injured and is out some more. She has done this repeatedly. And I am supposed to feel sorry for her? No! I don't.

There is no doubt she is a tremendous athlete with a fabulous career. When she feels like it and Glory is at hand, she plays.

I am not one to wish her well. Maybe because there were too many tournaments I bought tickets to see her play, only to have her withdraw! Or maybe I just got tired of listening to her berate other players that beat her. Or the massive, totally fabricated lies by the Williamses of "racial" comments at IW and their subsequent boycott that turned me off. Perhaps it was her and her family's assault on #1 Safina that put me over the edge. It could just be her bullying other players and linesmen and umpires on court that did it.

Serenka has earned my dislike throughout her career. She is a gifted athlete but lacks every quality, characteristic, attribute and behavior that generally endear athletes to their fans.

Yeah, I want ARad to win. Low probability, yes. A forlorn hope, nonetheless.
That's more or less why I'm not her fan: I remember the "shove this ball down your throat" etc... I respect her tennis but not so much for her attitude.
Probably I never followed tennis SO close enough in the last years to remember all the things you said (I barely know the Indian Wells story and I didn't know what her family said about Safina's #1)
And last thing, the Dubai (or Doha? ) "fight" between Vika and Radwanska is still fresh in my memory and I didn't take that story well... I didn't really dislike Radwanska until then.
Maybe in my case the only thing that makes me feel a little for Serena is the fact that my mom risked her life in the same way (she had pulmonary embolism 4 years ago) but all went good and now I can almost laugh remembering it

But after all I completely understand your point of view, in the end I think won't be actually "happy" either way, saturday.
I think the last thing that will make me go for Serena is the fact that she can keep Vika at #1
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #2203
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

The only way Radwanska is winning this title is if Serena has a full-on meltdown.

Other then that, I really can't see the winner being anyone other than Serena. I mean, that serve alone is winning her the title. Radwanska may be able to trouble Serena off the ground but when Serena is hitting 20+ aces in her matches, she may not even get an oppourtunity to do so.
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #2204
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack89 View Post
The only way Radwanska is winning this title is if Serena has a full-on meltdown.

Other then that, I really can't see the winner being anyone other than Serena. I mean, that serve alone is winning her the title. Radwanska may be able to trouble Serena off the ground but when Serena is hitting 20+ aces in her matches, she may not even get an oppourtunity to do so.
the only way to beat her is hold your serve and it's not that hard against her ROS 99% in the net(Zheng,Shvedova) , but Radwanska neither has the serve speed of Shvedova, nor the placement and unpredictability of Zheng's serve

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #2205
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Serena barely loses GS finals. She's winning this shit tournament

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote