[Wimbledon 2012] What does Moo eat? Grass! - Page 110 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 09:35 AM   #1636
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future
Re: [Wimbledon 2012] What does Moo eat? Grass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gociku View Post
Maria is far from reaching the final. Let's talk about Lisicki first.
agree
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 01:03 PM   #1637
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Part of me really wants Lisicki to complain about Maria's grunting, just to see Maria's reaction

Just seen that rain is forecast all day for Monday, will be so annoyed if Maria doesn't get to play.
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 01:19 PM   #1638
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack89 View Post
Do you think Lisicki will complain about Maria's grunting during the match??

She did in her 2nd round match against Jovanovski. Tried to get the umpire to implement the hindrance rule. Whether she'd try it against a player like Maria is another story.
I doubt an umpire would have the guts to call hindrance for grunting on Maria. Maybe Eva, but she and Maria always smile a lot at each other when they shake hands after a match so I don't think she would.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 01:49 PM   #1639
country flag Mashi

Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of Mashi has much to be proud of

Hopefully Lisicki won't have enough time to try to get the hindrance call.
Mashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1640
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you think Lisicki will complain about Maria's grunting during the match??

She did in her 2nd round match against Jovanovski. Tried to get the umpire to implement the hindrance rule. Whether she'd try it against a player like Maria is another story.
Granted that Lisicki is a drama queen but I totally get why she did that in the match against the Serb. Bojana was literally louder than Maria & her grunt was longer than Vikaria's And it was clearly fake as well coz she toned it down and the it was back at its peak and then completely mute at times. It was a mess.
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1641
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Lisicki but lately she's been very annoying.
I'm glad she managed to reach R4 at Wimbledon, considering how bad she's been slumping but I don't think her level yet is high enough to challenge Maria.
It probably won't be a match like the one at AO this year.

I hope she won't start crying again if when she loses.
As for the grunting complaints, I don't think she'll do anything like that against Maria. Jovanovki's were fake and aimed to annoy her.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 03:01 PM   #1642
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

We could be in for a long wait tomorrow.... rain is forecast for most of the day, with the first window of dry weather at about 6pm

Wind doesn't look too bad though (about 10mph, compared to >20mph when she played the other day).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 03:55 PM   #1643
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maria is far from reaching the final. Let's talk about Lisicki first.
Petra, Serena , Vika are also far from the Final and even SF.....

and only Vulture as usual has baught cheap tickets to SF

Quote:
olympic is what really matter to me (and to her). GOLD MEDAL WILL COMPLETE HER CAREER SLAM. so right now i just want to enjoy the show.
right now we should be rooting for a second Wimbledon title. She definitely has the game , serve, mentally ready to win , not like in 2011. Olympics will be later and it will be the next page of the story

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 04:13 PM   #1644
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Petra, Serena , Vika are also far from the Final and even SF.....

and only Vulture as usual has baught cheap tickets to SF

right now we should be rooting for a second Wimbledon title. She definitely has the game , serve, mentally ready to win , not like in 2011. Olympics will be later and it will be the next page of the story
Middle Sunday is a time for waiting and hoping, it's nerve-wrecking yet sweet because Maria is still alive in the draw.

You're absolutely right, 2012 Maria is not 2011 Maria and all the marbles are in her hands.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 08:53 PM   #1645
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

Maria has served 19 double faults so far this tournament (btw, Lisicki has hit 20). Even though thats not a great number, I do think she's served well in her first 3 matches.

I mean, there has been times in all of her matches where her serve has really gotten her out of the trouble. The only problem is there has also been patches where her serve has competely deserted her and hence the double faults.

The good thing is that in all her matches, shes done at least as many aces as df's

Round 1 - 2 aces, 4 dfs
Rounnd 2 - 8 aces, 10dfs
Round 3 - 3 aces, 5 dfs
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 09:33 PM   #1646
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Shame about the weather, but at least she's on first. Damn those start times though, it annoys me every single year.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 09:49 PM   #1647
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Maria has served 19 double faults so far this tournament (btw, Lisicki has hit 20). Even though thats not a great number, I do think she's served well in her first 3 matches.

I mean, there has been times in all of her matches where her serve has really gotten her out of the trouble. The only problem is there has also been patches where her serve has competely deserted her and hence the double faults.

The good thing is that in all her matches, shes done at least as many aces as df's

Round 1 - 2 aces, 4 dfs
Rounnd 2 - 8 aces, 10dfs
Round 3 - 3 aces, 5 dfs
Let's hope those DF's come down to no nore than 3 or 4 a match in the second week.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 10:21 PM   #1648
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Shame about the weather, but at least she's on first. Damn those start times though, it annoys me every single year.
Wimbledon officials and their tradition It doesn't matter if players and the fans suffer due to rain, the only thing important is that they preserve it intact Btw, I think a roof on C1 is long due

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you

Last edited by Tennisvampire : Jul 1st, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:04 AM   #1649
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Wimbledon officials and their tradition It doesn't matter if players and the fans suffer due to rain, the only thing important is that they preserve it intact Btw, I think a roof on C1 is long due
It would take something extraordinary in terms of architectural design for a roof on C1 given that's it has a circular sloping roof.

I think the whole board here is over reacting a little bit, I'd be surprised if all WS matches weren't completed tomorrow and if they aren't I can only imagine there being a couple incomplete. The start time should be earlier but then play would have to finish earlier as well for the durability of the grass courts but unfortunately rain is forecast from early morning so an earlier start won't have much advantage. Still it's frustrating knowing that we'll probably have to wait hours for Maria.

I think it's also due to the fact that realistically this is the first tournament in a while where there has been any consistent rain. Also, in the UK as good as weather predictions are these days, you can never be certain, just like in RG the weather may be a lot better than predicted.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:33 AM   #1650
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Again, this is why I love AO. Here's your weather prediction: hot and sunny, 0% chance of rain

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote