Grass (finally) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #76
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future
Re: Grass (finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
marion

grand slams have been awful this year

is she even in the top 10 after this?

the only good thing is that she has virtually nothing to defend after this
final points in stanford but yeah nothing after that...
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #77
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Very depressing, isn't it?

She's never going to be consistent, is she? Even on her best surface. And in her late twenties, you do start wondering how many more good runs she has in her. At this point, every second round bombing out of a slam really hurts.

To be a bit more optimistic, she was helped to her career best ranking by reaching the semis of Roland Garros last year. So her total lack of consistency includes randomly winning when nobody expects it. Here's hoping, lol.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #78
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't watch but looking at the stats, Lucic played a great match with 33-11. What can you do against that? I had a bad feeling about this one when I saw her final set stats againt Panova. Grass is the one surface her games works very well on. She barely lost to eventual QF Cibulkova last year.

As for Marion, well the second serve in this loss and her French Open loss has just been beyond Double digits in double faults both times. Don't really understand it given how well she served in Eastbourne but whatever.

2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd round are her current slams stats. Really needs to do something big at the US. At least she shouldn't show up exhausted there like she has the last two years.

Thankfully I'm not as emotionally invested in tennis as I used to be

Zvonareva Kleybanova Keothavong MJMS

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Zakapalova Errani

Baltacha Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #79
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli's Boy View Post
Very depressing, isn't it?

She's never going to be consistent, is she? Even on her best surface. And in her late twenties, you do start wondering how many more good runs she has in her. At this point, every second round bombing out of a slam really hurts.
If you look back at her career from 2004 you see that actually this is not an unusual thing. Every year she plays like 26 tournaments and loses early at 20 of them. It is just that she has had some good weeks here and there that have allowed her to stay in the top 20. This gives the illusion of someone who is consistant but actually her results are consistant only in that she loses early at most tournaments.
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #80
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote