stuttgart 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 09:18 PM   #1
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of
stuttgart 2012

Maria's next tournament which she will win of course. On the red stuff. COME ON MARIA
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 10:54 PM   #2
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: stuttgart 2012

I do not know if this is correct....

April 23 - 29, 2012 Stuttgart, Germany

Seq Player Name Nation Rank
1 F AZARENKA Victoria BLR 1
2 F SHARAPOVA Maria RUS 2
3 F KVITOVA Petra CZE 3
4 F WOZNIACKI Caroline DNK 6
5 F RADWANSKA Agnieszka POL 4
6 F STOSUR Samantha AUS 5
7 F BARTOLI Marion FRA 7
8 F LI Na CHN 8
9 F ZVONAREVA Vera RUS 9
10 F PETKOVIC Andrea DEU 10
11 F SCHIAVONE Francesca ITA 12
12 F LISICKI Sabine DEU 13
13 F JANKOVIC Jelena SRB 15
14 F GÖRGES Julia DEU 17
15 F IVANOVIC Ana SRB 16
16 F CIBULKOVA Dominika SVK 18
17 F PENG Shuai CHN 23
18 F KERBER Angelique DEU 14
19 F PAVLYUCHENKOVA Anastasia RUS 21
20 F HANTUCHOVA Daniela SVK 19

F = Full Member
Q = Qualifier
W = Wild Card

As at 3/19/2012
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:52 AM   #3
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Maria to make her debut in Stuttgart

But aren't you a bit early with it.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:36 AM   #4
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know exactly why Pova did so well in the 2011 Clay Court Season. It seems that just a bunch of things came together:

Part of it was, of course, confidence in her improved fitness.

Another part was her improving serve.

Some of it was due to opponents's intimidation and surprise at seeing the Russian Amazon aggressively covering the clay court.

A not insignificant factor was her improving ClayPlay.

And finally, playing with a relaxed, no pressure, no expectations "que sera, sera" attitude.

This year, for her sins, she has the Rome Title and RG Semifinal to defend. Serious stuff! Pressure!

Further, more pressure comes from her personal pursuit of the career slam. Time is running out.

Even more pressure piles up in the prospect of meeting old demons like the WS and Kim and the new demons of Vika, Petra and ARad.

And finally, the pressure of getting a big title after coming so close three times already this year.

Her success on clay this year depends on how she manages these "privledges", as BJK would say. If she uses these pressures as motivation to step it up and play her intense, high octane, ferocious all out game, she could be wildly successful.

If she continues to play a little hesitant, a little reserved, a little safe, a major success will continue to elude her.

Maybe that's what's wrong with her game: and imbalance between "patience" on the one hand and "first strike" on the other.

C'mon, Pova! Head High, Shoulders Back, Tits Up. It's MashaFierce time right now!
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM   #5
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Go Maria, be a clay court queen!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM   #6
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Some pointers on her clay game:

* Well if she keeps up serving like she has throughout this season (despite some shitty performances in the early rounds in Miami), she'll have a big advantage. Her kick serve has been monstrous (has anyone checked her winning % on the 2nd serve? More often than not it's higher than her first, flat serves ), so that's a huge advantage.

* Also, her endurance has looked terrific for the past year (one of the few things that has clearly improved in her game). Long rallies really don't seem to bother her.

* Clay courts are prone to puffballs from lesser servers AKA Generation Suck, and she'll be all over that with even more time than she had during this slow-HC season.

* Her forehand (bar the Miami final ) has been quite exceptional, and it was that shot that won her Rome last year, particularly the semi against Wozniacki. It's essential for claycourt tennis 'cause you can't generate that much pace with a BH on a high bouncing ball.

* Speaking of high bounces, she's a big girl. Excessive spin/moonballs/other random junk doesn't seem to bother her much because everything usually ends up in her striking zone (with the appropriate footwork... I repeat, FOOTWORK)

* Finally, the surface DEMANDS patience, and she became more and more aware of it throughout her career.

The surface really helps her, and hopefully she makes the most of it 'cause she can do some serious damage this year IF everything comes together a la Rome 2011.

I would love to see her get used to sliding to her FOREHAND side. She does it perfectly on the defense to her backhand, but I've never seen her slide to the forehand. It would make her FH even more dangerous and hopefully Flopstedt will work on it.

One match at a time, and we'll see how it goes.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:00 PM   #7
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Lets predict how she'll lose in the final

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:22 PM   #8
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

No offence, but can someone please change the title, it's too boring/messy for it to be the official threadtitle for this tournament

Anyway, I really hope Maria doesn't withdraw from this tournament.....if she's going to have a chance of winning RG, she really needs LOTS of match practise on the clay as she's still probably not 100% comfortable on it, and Madrid because of the playing conditions always has a ton of upsets, so playing 3 warmups is safest.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM   #9
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

put this in the first post and make a better title :P :P
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #10
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
No offence, but can someone please change the title, it's too boring/messy for it to be the official threadtitle for this tournament
To get a really good thread title, I think suggestions are required to goad the imagination into gear. A boring title, which most are, isn't so bad, though, when compared to other titles that are just wonkie and wierd, or titles that are obtuse and incomprehenible, or titles that denigrate and abuse the player.

Where other titles have come from: Maja uses song lyrics for inspiration, one poster in another forum uses figures from Greek Mythology and GM is full of thread titles using one perversion or another of player names. A few other thoughts to develop are:

2012 Stuttgart: Scampering on terre battue: for Glory true and redemption, too.

2012 Stuttgart: Images of thundering bovines, looking for spots and red stained sox.

2012 Stuttgart: Das ist nicht blau!

Good luck, Maria Rocks, in finding an "interesting" thread title!
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #11
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree we need a better title.

Something like:

Stuttgart 2012:Girls,Queen Maria & Finals.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #12
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Can we at least have a capital S for Stuttgart?
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #13
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Please use a capital I am excited for this tournament. I LOVE the way they introduce the players at this tournament with the blaring music and 'Girls, set and match' whisper voice, and also how they have the big pictures of the players in the background of the match Looking forward to clay season!!
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #14
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah this is my favorite Premier tournament great crowd, indoors, quality clay and the field is always delicious.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #15
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Just one small request, let Semipova comeback. I prefer her than the one who is Generation Suck's Bitch and has made the career of every member of it by folding like a tent in every single final. Thank you.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote