Grass Season 2013 - Getting ready for Wimbledon. - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #241
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Grass Season 2013 - Getting ready for Wimbledon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Yes, there are definitely improvements, but the mental instability is really a big throw back for most of our girls.
That mental stability or instability has strict connected with the value or lack of value.
Look to Federer (of course I talk now at highest level) for example - in his GOAT period he destroyed the opponents throwing his best shots in the very key moments of the match (as at MP. 3 of 4 consecutive huge services at BPs, huge returns at his BPS, etc). Now he uses to fall in such moments, losing when you expect to finish in style.
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #242
country flag Iaco

Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all

Too bad for her that she's wasting those physical attributes...with some mindless tennis and flawed technique...that FH still looks like crap...i don't understand what Andre is teaching her
Iaco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #243
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
That mental stability or instability has strict connected with the value or lack of value.
Look to Federer (of course I talk now at highest level) for example - in his GOAT period he destroyed the opponents throwing his best shots in the very key moments of the match (as at MP. 3 of 4 consecutive huge services at BPs, huge returns at his BPS, etc). Now he uses to fall in such moments, losing when you expect to finish in style.
Yes, it's a matter of self-confidence.

I remember Irina-Camelia straight setting her way without any drama to the latter stages of the tournaments in her breakthrough year, then her first major choke against Vinci in Budapest Final and since then, every match a fuckery.

However, there is absolutely no reason for Sorana to be still this tight in key moments. She is just letting her emotions getting the better end of her.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #244
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:

However, there is absolutely no reason for Sorana to be still this tight in key moments. She is just letting her emotions getting the better end of her.
But let's give credit to Giorgi for the way she saved those 2 SP's in the second sets - she was really amazing, nothing to do from Sorana.
Many times, bashing our favorite for losing we make an injustice to the winner, taking out from his/her merits.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #245
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

True, but the two points that followed were even more comical.

It's the small things. It doesn't need to have a crass error as many 'mental' aspects aren't that visible. It's a lack of 1st serve, a shorter ball, a ball hit too far central, holding back here, not moving with 100% fluidity there.

For example, in many of Monica's matches, I've simply seen here going for the completely wrong shot at those points. It's also looks that your opponent were saving them when you hit a slice forehand without depth, straight into the middle of the court, but actually it was a sign of mental weakness as well.

Losing that 1st set was just ridiculous after SPs, wasting 7 BPs, serving for it. Losing the second wasn't much better. She should have won both sets before going into the TB, that whole fuckery there was needless.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jun 26th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #246
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Its lack of self confidence, not too much emotions. she has only one emotion during the game: stress
her face expression shows everything. Sorana needs to learn the
3rd dimension. you know what I mean. she has a flat game.
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #247

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
On the other hand they already have won 3 WTA tournaments - the same amount as the last 4 years, and for the first time after many, many years we will have 2 girls in top 30.
4 WTA tournaments with begu and olaru in doubles, not 3.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #248
country flag grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
4 WTA tournaments with begu and olaru in doubles, not 3.
Sorry, for me double doesn't count. (Maybe only there are both Romanians in it).

All 3 are in single - 1 Niculescu, 2 Halep.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #249

Quote:
Sorry, for me double doesn't count. (Maybe only there are both Romanians in it).

All 3 are in single - 1 Niculescu, 2 Halep.
opss.. I forgot the Monica title and thought you were talking about doubles.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #250
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

This one has to hurt more than any I can remember. Speechless on how she lost both of those sets.

She seemed too high-strung throughout the match. She needs to relax and try to enjoy the game a bit more.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #251
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Sori will be out from top 30 in no time. She had a dreadful 2011 season and in 2012 the only way was up. Only showing to competitions brought her points. Now she has to defend all the points from last year and I'm pretty sure she won't be able to. Not with today's tennis & mindset.
Sorana's ranking actually has a very solid base. She doesn't have a lot of points to defend at any one touarnament. I think Stanford SF will be the most points coming off at any one time.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #252
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

She can defend a lot of her Stanford points because the competition won't be that great. Serena came to Stanford last year dog tired because she was defending champ and didn't want to lose all the points and she still blew Sorana off the court. I can't see Serena coming this year if she wins Wimbledon again.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #253
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Sori, it was supposed to be easier against Camila
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
This one has to hurt more than any I can remember. Speechless on how she lost both of those sets.

She seemed too high-strung throughout the match. She needs to relax and try to enjoy the game a bit more.
Sorana can be strange. Suddenly her brain freezes and she cant play, and then suddenly the brain opens up and she plays well... its strange. So inconsistent.
Is she really living on streaks during the matches? How come she just goes there and hits? No plan at all?!...
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
She can defend a lot of her Stanford points because the competition won't be that great. Serena came to Stanford last year dog tired because she was defending champ and didn't want to lose all the points and she still blew Sorana off the court. I can't see Serena coming this year if she wins Wimbledon again.
Can Simona (not Sorana) play at Stanford? It looks like a good preparation for the hard courts season. The level is not too high and Simona needs to see what she can do now on hard courts.
Its not the first week after Wimbeldon, and Simona MUST be on the beach
(mamaia or mangalia? ) and relax after wimbeldon
Simona should not play the week after wimbeldon.