Grass Season 2013 - Getting ready for Wimbledon. - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #181
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Grass Season 2013 - Getting ready for Wimbledon.

Sorana won in a day in which Nadal was beaten by nr 125 ATP and Paire lost a set to Ungur !
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #182
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Sorana won in a day in which Nadal was beaten by nr 125 ATP and Paire lost a set to Ungur !
I don't know which of the above is more shocking, to be honest.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #183
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

I think Nadal played on one leg to be honest but Darcis was brilliant, he played a great match.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #184
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
I think Nadal played on one leg to be honest but Darcis was brilliant, he played a great match.
One leg? This match is the first played after RG final, where he had 2 very good legs. Strange that his injuries happened exactly after the end of the clay season.

Coming back to our topic, I think that is time for Sorana to pass the round 3 and have an encounter with Sharapova in R4.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #185
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post

Coming back to our topic, I think that is time for Sorana to pass the round 3 and have an encounter with Sharapova in R4.
OMG

Let's just give her the Wimbledon trophy already

She should consider herself lucky if she reaches 3rd round again.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #186
country flag Chessmind

Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice

Why do we, Romanians, have this unequalled talent of veiling our own players in subtle irony whether or not there is a reason for it ? Just wondering.
Chessmind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #187
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Because we care about them.

It's a bit teasing, nothing more. Sorana for example has days where she is that embarrassingly bad that there is no way you can't make fun about it.

Still, there is a lot of good debating in Tennis Romania in comparison to other sections on this board where the only thing being discussed are the outfits at the player's party.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #188
country flag grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
OMG

Let's just give her the Wimbledon trophy already

She should consider herself lucky if she reaches 3rd round again.
Why lucky? At GS Sorana have lost only 2 times against lower players, but never when she was seeded. So all our "it's about Sorana, we have to expect anything" isn't quite exactly right on GS.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #189
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessmind View Post
Why do we, Romanians, have this unequalled talent of veiling our own players in subtle irony whether or not there is a reason for it ? Just wondering.
That was a bit nasty, I admit

And she doesn't deserve nasty remarks after today's win, I agree. But comments and predictions like Sorana reaching 4th round here make me smile. She will most likely lose in the third (if she gets there), come back to Romania and give short interviews for newspapers & television saying that "Yeah, it was a good tournament for me!"

Expect only this and maybe you'll have a nice surprise in the end.
Expect anything more form Sorana (not all Romanian players as you suggested) and there's a big probability that you'll be disappointed.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #190
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Great win against a tough opponent. I am one of the people that refuses to get too high or low about Simona's performances because I can't deal with emotional extremes. I hope she can at least make it to the 4th round like grs said, but if not that's fine.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #191
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

When did Sorana get in the habit to do a fist pump after every good ball? It's simply irritating.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #192
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Because we care about them.

It's a bit teasing, nothing more. Sorana for example has days where she is that embarrassingly bad that there is no way you can't make fun about it.

Still, there is a lot of good debating in Tennis Romania in comparison to other sections on this board where the only thing being discussed are the outfits at the player's party.
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #193
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Sorana plays tomorrow last on court 18. streamed, its court 18
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #194
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
It will be easier against Giorgi.
Agree.

Good luck to Sorana!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #195
country flag Curcubeu

Her match got moved to Court 12. It's a streamed court, but I haven't found a stream yet.