Mirjana's 2012 grass-court swing - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #601
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's 2012 grass-court swing

I think you both hit the proverbial nail on the head -- wow. I never underestimate the knowledgeable tennis fans in this forum, or any of them.

I have to dial-down my Alexandra rants because, as unlikely as I am to succeed, I get (um ...) to snarky and am trying to modify the snark.

But, the points about the toxic relationship and the inability of Alexandra to pull away from that mother (probably due to one helluva guilt-trip put upon her by Mommy) ring of serious truth. So do the points about the possible calculated "creation" of Alexandra by the mother. I have always felt that, deep down, because Samantha S's story didn't add-up in some ways, and it added-up frighteningly in others. I absolutely believe the entire conception was calculated and the way the whole thing panned out at Wimbledon ... Devious.

More disturbing is the anger that Samantha obviously fostered in the daughter in regard to Erving and then, when they hit the skids in 2005 and 2006, they suddenly petitioned him for $$$ -- which ended-up translated as a "feel good" ESPN piece that grew creepier by the second. I look at them both as a couple of grifters ... The mother out of her gourd, and Alexandra ... A ruined person. She can't be making but $75 per tournament with the losses she's been sustaining. Why she cannot see the danger she is in, is beyond me.

Again, the parallel with Miki is interesting. Miki went through the wringer ... Pure hell. But a loving family makes a difference.

Sad indeed.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #602
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's 2012 grass-court swing

...and, for posterity, forgive egregious typos in some of my posts. Occasionally, I will need hardly any help making a blunder, but most are doo too thee iPhone's desire too substitute words you all ready get write inn the furs place!

;- > Maddening. Damn the iPhone to Hades!

It will be MORE than interesting to see how Miki's summer unfolds after a watershed effort like the one at Wimby.

Enjoy Wimbledon Weekend, everyone ... Go Roger! Go Aggie!

Got up to Stanford a day early and will post match reports all week in the Bank O' the West forum, if anyone is curious. Wish Miki were here :- (

Cheers~ Ian
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote