Simone Alipieva - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 06:59 AM   #16
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simone Alipieva

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Simone has played ITF in Århus, Denmark, the past week. She lost in the 2nd round singles to the eventual titles winner Lizette Cabrera (AUS), and was a runner up in doubles, partnering Mathilda Malm (SWE). Simone now has three doubles finals in 2012 (including 2 titles), and 2 semifinals in only 6 ITF appearances. Simone has been quite succesful in doubles, which is perhaps no surprise.

She's playing Europe Team Championship qualies in France today and the next few days (link in the post above). Denmark is up against Bosnia today.
I have met Lizette Cabrera
A good player, especially on hard
Not a bad loss for Simone

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 5th, 2012 at 08:53 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:31 PM   #17
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of photos from the TE U14 Summer Cups qualies:

Day 1 vs Bosnia, 1st of July 2012.

Taped on the thigh vs Slovakia, 2nd of July 2012.

Simone played singles in two matches (lost both) and doubles in two (both won). I'm not sure how serious her injury was but she had to skip a singles and a doubles match.

Denmark became 3rd in their group among 8 nations which is much better than expected, but not quite good enough. They needed to be 1st or 2nd to advance to the finals.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #18
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Simone probably got her injury already on the 1st day, as can be seen in the doubles match vs Bosnia (Emilie Håkansson to the left):

Photos from Tennis Europe.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #19
country flag angliru

Simone withdrew from the tournament in France, so I guess she needs a bit of rest because of the injury.

I've added another bunch of photos in post #3 on the first page, including some very old ones, like these:

July 2007

With doubles partner Julie Noe (right) after winning bronze at U12 outdoors championships July 2008

Last edited by angliru : Jul 8th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #20
country flag angliru

Simone didn't play at the Danish Junior Championships last week - probably still bothered by her injury. But she was there, both working as an official, and enjoying the championships, as can be seen in a few photos on the tournament facebook site, for instance this one (lovely).

Simone's next tournament seems to be European U14 Championships 23/07/2012 to 29/07/2012. Let's hope she'll be OK by then.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:33 AM   #21
country flag angliru

The last couple of months have been really tough for Simone. She hasn't played many matches because of minor injuries and lots of early losses. Two days ago she had another retirement in a club match in Denmark

But her 2012 hasn't been a total disaster. It has been pretty good, not least in the doubles. She has played 7 ITF's and has reached at least the SF in doubles 6 times (including two title wins). She's only 14, and she's still working hard.

This week she'll play at the Moser Czech Junior Open ITF (G2). GL!
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM   #22
country flag angliru

Simone tweeted this cute photo:

Simone in British outfit is joined by Great Britain's two talents Maia Lumsden (lying down) and Gabriella Taylor (at the back).
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 10:39 AM   #23
country flag angliru

Simone will play two ITF tournaments in Israel:

05 November - 10 November 2012
Matan Gafniel Raanana Open, G3, Hard - outdoor

12 November - 17 November 2012
Messika Open 2012, G3, Hard - outdoor

Simone may have to play qualies. Hope she will get a few matches although hard is usually a terrible surface for the Danish juniors. But GL!
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #24
country flag angliru

Matan Gafniel Raanana Open, Israel, ITF G3

QR1
(6)Simone Alipieva (DEN) def. Keren Rozen (ISR) 6-3 6-1

QR2
(6)Simone Alipieva (DEN) def. Valeria Nikolaev (ISR) 6-2 6-4

QR3
(6)Simone Alipieva (DEN) def. Katya Krivoshapov (ISR) 7-5 5-7 6-2

Well done to get into MD!
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #25
country flag angliru

Junior Zagreb Cup, ITF G4

1R
Simone Alipieva (DEN) def. (3) Tatjana Vorobjova (EST) 6-4 6-4

WD! The last 6 months have been quite tough for Simone. She's far from her 2011 form, when she won 11 Tennis Europe titles (5 singles and 6 doubles) in just 13 finals (6 singles and 7 doubles) - and beating some very good players like Olga Fridman on her way to those titles! Keep working, Simone.

She's not playing doubles in Croatia, which is quite strange. There are only 13 teams in the draw, so I'm sure she could get in if she wanted to.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #26
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Crap. And to a qualifier even.

Manca PISLAK (SLO) 3-6 6-1 6-3 Simone ALIPIEVA (DEN)

backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #27
country flag angliru

Too bad. I'm sure 2013 will be a much better year for her.

Maybe she'll play for Lyngby at the Danish Team Championships Saturday. It could be interesting to see her against Emilie Francati or Emma Rønholt when Lyngby faces Gentofte in the Semifinal.
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #28
country flag angliru

Some news about Simone...

She's won two ITF junior doubles titles so far in 2013 (Vasteras, Sweden, in January, and Oslo, Norway in February). But she still lacks a bit of form in singles and has not gone beyond QF so far in 2013. Played a good close match last week in Sweden against Verena Hofer, who eventually won the tournament (Hofer won 76(6) 64 in the QF against Simone).

Simone is ranked #396 this week - a new career high.

She's playing at Kramfors, Sweden, this week (Grade 4):

1R
(1) Simone Alipieva (DEN) d. (WC) Julia Keranovic (SWE) 6-1 6-0

Simone's opponent in R2 is Verena Hofer!
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #29
country flag angliru

ITF Kramfors, Sweden

2R
Verena Hofer (ITA) d. (1) Simone Alipieva (DEN 7-5 4-6 6-3

Another close match against Hofer - even closer than a week ago but still not enough. Next time...
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #30
country flag angliru

ITF Kramfors, Sweden

Doubles QF
(1) Alipieva(DEN)/Ostlund (SWE) d. Hofer (ITA)/Torelli (ITA) 7-6(5) 6-0

Hofer won both the singles and doubles title a week ago so this was a good win for Alipieva/Ostlund (and good to see Alipieva come out on top against Hofer after two straight single losses)