| Tʜԑ Olψмрiҁs & Ϣiɱɓɩɛɖɵƞ υηiτε ατ Lσϰδσϰ2012 | »« Olympian’s Mission Completed »« - Page 174 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 9th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #2596
country flag djbueno

djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light
Re: | Tʜԑ Olψмрiҁs & Ϣiɱɓɩɛɖɵƞ υηiτε ατ Lσϰδσϰ2012 | »« Olympian’s Mission Completed

From Venus' website

My Olympic Dreams are one step closer to reality! After sitting through a rain delay for almost a whole day on Sunday, I finally got onto the court. I was ready!

Even though my opponent, Sara Errani is ranked in the top ten in the world, I felt confident. The grass at Wimbledon has almost always been good to me. I had a tough day here a few weeks ago, but that wasn’t in my head at all. The courts at Wimbledon are my courts.

My serve was on. It felt strong in the first set and continued to feel better and better. When the crowd started chanting “U-S-A! U-S-A!” I knew I was going to take it. That is what I came here for.

This is my fourth Olympics, but in some ways I feel like I am experiencing it for the first time. Maybe I’ve gained some wisdom as I’ve grown older, because I feel like I am able to appreciate this so much more than when I competed in the previous Games. Representing the USA, meeting athletes from all over the world, and seeing heroes of mine like Muhammad Ali is just incredible. The Olympics never get old, they just get better.

Later that same day, Serena and I had our first doubles match. We won the gold medal together in Beijing, so I feel like we have a target on our backs in this competition. I’d love to win another medal with Serena, but honestly, we don’t really think about winning the medals for ourselves. The most important thing is bringing home medals for the U.S.

Tuesday was another good day. I felt like myself out there. I charged the net constantly and it paid off. After winning the match I ran to the crowd and was able to swap some Olympic pins with other athletes. I’m such a geek. But the Olympics are a part of my heart. I love this stuff.
djbueno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #2597
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future
Re: | Tʜԑ Olψмрiҁs & Ϣiɱɓɩɛɖɵƞ υηiτε ατ Lσϰδσϰ2012 | »« Olympian’s Mission Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by soomaal View Post
Boys and girls..... let's all be nice to each other.

No need for arguments and fights re silly names. We're all here on this forum cuz Vee inspires us in many different ways. So why not learn from her example and exude grace through all our posts. I do feel like a primary school teacher but yeah......

Love all.
ok soomaal, I'll drop it plus he's not worth it.

I'll just say this, I still think he is weak and you can project all you want, I don't care. I've made up my mind about you. Welcome to my ignore list! .

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #2598
country flag soomaal

soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post

I'll just say this, I still think he is weak and you can project all you want, I don't care. I've made up my mind about you. Welcome to my ignore list! .
Nice one.

Couldn't help but laugh at the highlighted
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #2599
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

If you were clever enough to "ignore" me in the first place, we could have saved all of this jibber jabber! But hey, whatever!
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2600
country flag soomaal

soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future soomaal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veerror View Post
If you were clever enough to "ignore" me in the first place, we could have saved all of this jibber jabber! But hey, whatever!
Child why must you always have the last word? Stop it.
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #2601
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

Did I lie with that last comment? And to be honest, it's not even about having the last word. I debunked that posters assertion that I was a hypocrite and that poster couldn't even offer a direct reply to it!

Anyway, regarding the Venus fan tour, who won the Olympics? :P
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #2602
country flag FoxyliciousKhat

FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post

THIS!!!

That's where he is since I saw that last post in SS... I believe in not being to quick to judge, but I've seen enough to believe I've made the right decision.

Foxy

WORD: Just because your friend or the pundits or the crowd doesn't agree or dislike something doesn't mean you need to, you are actually entitled to your own opinion even if it doesn't agree with that of everyone else. Don't be a a negativity sheep!
FoxyliciousKhat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #2603
country flag ico4498
My Queen ah di original champion.

ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veerror View Post
I debunked ...
only thing you debunked is the notion of a Veeror 'support' thread ...

ico4498 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #2604
country flag zxcVbnm88

zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of

Vee brought home another Gold medal. The rest is history.
zxcVbnm88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #2605
country flag MajesticVenus
La Reina V.

MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcVbnm88 View Post
Vee brought home another Gold medal. The rest is history.
Amen!

These Olympics have ended in a high note with Venus taking another Gold medal home so we should all keep celebrating that.

Let this thread rest in peace. All of our attention must go to the Cincy cheering thread. We will be back in four years for the Rio Olympics in 2016.