RG R4: Angelique Kerber def. Petra Martic - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM   #1
country flag Let.them.talk

Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all
RG R4: Angelique Kerber def. Petra Martic

Let.them.talk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM   #2
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RG R4: Angelique Kerber def. Petra Martic

WOOHOO Angie!!!

Whattayear!

Now clean the house!
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM   #3
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

not the best performance from angie, but who cares, a win is a win

what a huge opportunity to make another gs-semifinal.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM   #4
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber really did fuck all. Just move along the baseline like a crab on the beach getting back those fugly, hard to read strokes with little pace.

She was shamelessly junkballing at times too. If Martic had been more disciplined, experienced, and didn't DF she would have won. Petra definitely controlled the match.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM   #5
country flag sxeraserhead

sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold

Kerber has really benefited from her draw and facing a steady stream of underpowered players, I get the feeling she would have beaten by 2nd rate ball strikers like Wozniak, Zakopalova, etc. It's still a testament to her fighting spirit that she has made a QF on a surface where she is nothing more than a fast retriever.
sxeraserhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM   #6
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Awful match from Kereber. She moonballed the whole time. Tennis died today

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:58 AM   #7
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Too much moonballing for my taste, but Kerber deserves this QF. What a year she's having.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM   #8
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I've watched just some parts of the match and the last few games! Kerber pushed Petra to death from what I was able to see!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM   #9
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute

Second GS QF for Angie

Kerber :: Razzano :: Siniakova :: Hantuchova :: Diyas :: Svitolina
Drimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM   #10
country flag Cleffa

Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all Cleffa is a name known to all

The double faults and UEs cost Martic the match otherwise she could've gone through to QF. But great tournament for her and great performance.

Btw, is Kerber a natural left-hander or not cause I saw her using right hand to sign the camera?
Cleffa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM   #11
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Angie hung in there and won it somehow. A win is a win, I guess. But she really needs to step up her game on every single level (except mentally) if she wants to have a chance against Clayrani. It could get ugly otherwise.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM   #12
country flag Wolbo

Wolbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hadn't seen Martic play before and I'm pleasently surprised. She has a very nice varied game with a lot of good strokes and excellent netplay. She was every bit as good as Kerber in terms of quality of play, perhaps even better, but lost because of Kerber's defensive tenacity which caused Martic to make a few too many errors (the point that gave Kerber her first matchpoint was a good example). Expect and hope to see a lot more of Martic. And she's cute as a button too.
Wolbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #13
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a great match this was
Some good rallies here and there but Martic just made too many UEs!
She has a great game, nice serve, good touch, good fh, able to hit agood slice on bh, really nice to watch when she is on but too many mistakes today!
Kerber was too passive today, did nothing for the game, only was hoping for errors from Martic often but that tactics was working in the end, good defensive and less errors...enough to win today.
But she has to play much more aggressive against Errani and has to hope that the court gets faster again, otherwise it will be really tough for her!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #14
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute
Kerber played smart. She can be agressive when she needs to, and moonball like today. On to the semis with Maria
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #15
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of

Horrible match. The conditions weren't that bad, I don't think so.

Martic wasn't able to understand Kerber's (lack of) game at all, she let Kerber hit those ridiculous 2nd serves without doing anything about it. Hack, they almost second bounced on her and she still stayed behind the baseline. Finally she went into moonball competitions with Kerber. Sorry. So often she didn't dare to step into the court, her volleying is great, but she needs to develop an aggressive middle game, especially against players like really badly playing Kerber.

Kerber on the other hand, oh dear oh dear. I don't want to see anything like that ever again.
BH both wings is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote