The " Who is CHANG, Kai-Chen" 2008 Cheering Thread... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #1
country flag TaiwanTennisFan

TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up The " Who is CHANG, Kai-Chen" 2008 Cheering Thread...

CHANG, Kai-Chen
Nationality: Taiwan
Birth Date: 13/01/1991
Residence: Taiwan
Height: 1.65m
Weight: 110lbs
Plays: Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface: Hard ( although I think she can really play on grass too )
Age Started Tennis: 6
Age Turned Pro: 15
Current Singles: 265 ( won the first ITF 25K challenger in 2008 on grass in Australia as an qualifier )Just won her first 50K challenger in Kurume, Japan both single and double.
Current Doubles: 285
Personal Interests: Watching films
Coach: Alan Ma ( owns a tennis academy in FL, USA )

CHANG, Kai-Chen is an up and coming Taiwanese tennis player this year. She will be an unbelievable force in Taiwan tennis, along with YJ, Su-wei and Chai-Jung. She also has a powerful serve, which can be a threat on grass court and any surface. Let's cheering for KC and wish her the best of luck in her young tennis career.

CHAN, YUNG-JAN, HSIEH, SU-WEI, CHAN, CHIN-WEI, CHUANG, CHIA-JUNG, HWANG, I-HSUAN, CHEN, YI, CHANG, KAI-CHEN, KAO, SHAO-YUAN, HSU, WEN-HSIN. CHAN, HAO-CHING, HSIEH, SHU-YING

Lu, Yen-Hsun, Wang, Yeu-Tzuoo, Chen, Ti, Lee, Hsin-Han, Liu, Tai-Wei, Yang, Tsung-Hua, Yi, Chu-Huan, Chang, Yao-Lun, Chang, Huai-En, Hsieh, Wang-Cheng

Last edited by TaiwanTennisFan : Jun 14th, 2008 at 11:20 PM.
TaiwanTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 11:33 PM   #2

TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The " Who is CHANG, Kai-Chen" 2008 Cheering Thread...

Kai-chen is playing at a $25,000 challenger event this week at Sorrento, Australia. Kai-chen might play Yi-miao again at this tournament. Their head to head is 1-1. Last time they played each other was last week at Kalgoorlie, Australia. Kai-chen lost to Yi-maio in 3 sets 6-2, 3-6, 3-6. That is the only set YM lost in the entire tournament. I think this could be a good rivary between these two. They have the similar age and ranking. Let's wait and see who is going to be on top by the end of the year.

CHAN, YUNG-JAN, HSIEH, SU-WEI, CHAN, CHIN-WEI, CHUANG, CHIA-JUNG, HWANG, I-HSUAN, CHEN, YI, CHANG, KAI-CHEN, KAO, SHAO-YUAN, HSU, WEN-HSIN. CHAN, HAO-CHING, HSIEH, SHU-YING

Lu, Yen-Hsun, Wang, Yeu-Tzuoo, Chen, Ti, Lee, Hsin-Han, Liu, Tai-Wei, Yang, Tsung-Hua, Yi, Chu-Huan, Chang, Yao-Lun, Chang, Huai-En, Hsieh, Wang-Cheng

Last edited by TaiwanTennisFan : Mar 17th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 12:02 AM   #3
RND

RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she'll soon establish her confidence on the ITF circuit and go for more in the higher level!

Bright future ahead.Good luck Kai-Chen.

Yung-Jan Chan ∞ Simona Halep Caroline Wozniacki Su-Wei Hsieh
Jelena Jankovic Jie Zheng Tamarine Tanasugarn Alisa Kleybanova Nadia Petrova
RND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.J.CHANfan View Post
Hopefully she'll soon establish her confidence on the ITF circuit and go for more in the higher level!

Bright future ahead.Good luck Kai-Chen.
I think she will play at least 15 tournaments this year since she just turned 17 in January 2008. She has a great start got to final in a 25k challenger event this year. Her confidence will only go up and up.

Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #5
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

Good luck Kai-Chen! Hope to see you do well!
CrazyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #6
country flag KanSuke

KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Kai-Chen
KanSuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 04:03 PM   #7
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

Kai-Chen def Natsumi Hamamura(4) 6-2 6-2
in first round of $25,000 Sorrento, Australia.!
Keep going Kai-Chen!
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTennis View Post
Kai-Chen def Natsumi Hamamura(4) 6-2 6-2
in first round of $25,000 Sorrento, Australia.!
Keep going Kai-Chen!
Great Job!! KC is is in great form to beat # 4 seed easily. Her biggest obstacle will be Yi Miao in final. Take the title KC.

Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 01:24 AM   #9

KC lost to WHEELER, Christina in QF 6-3 4-6 5-7 and lost to #2 seed 2-6, 4-6 in doubles final. I think KC play too much tennis this week ( both singles and doubles), her fitness is definately an issue. I'm confident KC will do better and better next tournament. ..BTW, Yi-maio alos lost in QF as well. :-(

Old May 5th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #10

Kai-Chen is playing at Fukuoka this week. She is the #1 seed in qualifying draw. Good luck, Kai-chen.

Old May 12th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #11

She lost in QF, not a bad week for KC. She is playing Kurume this week. Good Luck, KC

Old May 12th, 2008, 05:46 PM   #12
country flag CrazyTennis

Keep going Kai-Chen!!!
Old May 17th, 2008, 03:33 PM   #13

KC got in the final at the 50K challenger event in Japan Kurume this week. Congrats and take the title. She is def a shinning star in Asia tennis. Watch out girls !!

Old May 18th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #14
country flag CrazyTennis

Kai-Chen just won both the singles and doubles at 50k Kurume!
Singles final: Kai-Chen Chang def Alexander Panova 7-5 6-3
DOubles final: Chang/Hwang(3) def Sema/Sema 6-3 2-6 10-8

Well done Kai-Chen! With this win she should crack top 300 for both singles and doubles!
Old May 18th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #15
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Kai-Chen play Jess Moore at the Australian Open juniors this year. Even though she lost comfortably in straight sets, I couldn't help be impressed because she hit the ball REALLY HARD and had a powerful serve, even though her second serve let her down with lots of double fault (but she has time to work on that). I think she is definitely a big prospect for Taiwan as her game is very big, which is being proven as the results are already coming at these ITFs.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote