Grass is greener (2012 grass season) - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:46 AM   #31
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grass is greener (2012 grass season)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
How many pills did she take before saying it?! She can't be that much retarded, at least she has that intelligence.
To je bio grozan gem. Sve je zakucala u mrežu ili promašila za dva metra. Bio je smešan, a donekle i simpatičan, njen izraz lica ili glas kad je to izgovorila. Zapravo, nisam ništa loše mislila.
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:02 AM   #32
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
The match against King was 1 hour and 30 minutes. The other 2 matches were longer. I remember that I was surprised to read that those matches were actually long.

Edit: Blic says it was 90 minutes against King, B92 says it was 1 hour and 42 minutes against Fran and 1 hour and 53 minutes against Makiri. I just checked it. It's not great, but better than 90 minutes. I mean, she's not great, but she's not a mug neither.
Against Makiri she just stumbled over the finish line, like against Fran. If there was a 3rd set in those matches we knew what would happen. Again, all were around 1h30min.. which honestly is a short match. If it starts to get close to 2 hours, she is done, no hope. I don't even think its only physical.. it seems she is also not up for the fight.

Really.. only exception was against Pervak.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:10 AM   #33
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Against Makiri she just stumbled over the finish line, like against Fran. If there was a 3rd set in those matches we knew what would happen. Again, all were around 1h30min.. which honestly is a short match. If it starts to get close to 2 hours, she is done, no hope. I don't even think its only physical.. it seems she is also not up for the fight.

Really.. only exception was against Pervak.
IMO, playing 2 hours long match is not a problem for her. But if she plays a long second set and loses it, she's done. It happened today.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:18 AM   #34
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IMO, playing 2 hours long match is not a problem for her. But if she plays a long second set and loses it, she's done. It happened today.
Then why hasn't she won any match over 2 hours for over a year and a half, except that Pervak match? She looked tired at the beginning of the second set today, and 1st set took literally 22 min.

But well.. it's true that the 2 3 setters Ana won this year she came from behind, winning 2nd and 3rd sets. Losing the 2nd might be a mental blow bigger than she can take.

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:21 AM   #35
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Then why hasn't she won any match over 2 hours for over a year and a half, except that Pervak match? She looked tired at the beginning of the second set today, and 1st set took literally 22 min.

But well.. it's true that the 2 3 setters Ana won this year she came from behind, winning 2nd and 3rd sets. Losing the 2nd might be a mental blow bigger than she can take.
Whenever she loses a long set, no matter if it's first or second, she's done. It was a huge surprise that she won the match against Pervak considering that the points were usually long.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:25 AM   #36
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Whenever she loses a long set, no matter if it's first or second, she's done. It was a huge surprise that she won the match against Pervak considering that the points were usually long.
Yes.. and in that match she lost a set in the tie break after having set point, which would usually make her crumble in the second. Why could she do it in that match and not in others?

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:34 AM   #37
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Yes.. and in that match she lost a set in the tie break after having set point, which would usually make her crumble in the second. Why could she do it in that match and not in others?
She could do it again. In a R2 of non-slam event against a non-relevant opponent. She could do it, I believe. I repeat, she needs a fitness coach, but I strongly doubt that this loss had anything to do with fitness. It's rather some sort of mental fitness. She was tired, that's for sure, but poor shot selection and those horrible double faults and unforced errors in 3rd set had nothing to do with fitness. She was disappointed after losing a long set and she came up with a brainless gameplan instead of trying to calm down. In the match against Pervak she took a mto, I believe it helped her. It is a gamesmanship, but if her opponents don't hesitate to use it, it's fine. Why would she be some Miss Perfect there?!
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:44 AM   #38
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
She could do it again. In a R2 of non-slam event against a non-relevant opponent. She could do it, I believe. I repeat, she needs a fitness coach, but I strongly doubt that this loss had anything to do with fitness. It's rather some sort of mental fitness. She was tired, that's for sure, but poor shot selection and those horrible double faults and unforced errors in 3rd set had nothing to do with fitness. She was disappointed after losing a long set and she came up with a brainless gameplan instead of trying to calm down. In the match against Pervak she took a mto, I believe it helped her. It is a gamesmanship, but if her opponents don't hesitate to use it, it's fine. Why would she be some Miss Perfect there?!
I think Ana looked tired and a step slow already in the second set.. many of those UEs also come from being a step slow, so out of position to hit.

But yes.. I agree mental fitness is the main issue.. she can't handle emotions at all. She usually gets things that should motivate her and use them to bring herself down. She is always saying she tries to be positive, but I think she has quite the ability to turn good into bad.

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:52 AM   #39
country flag Cajka

Quote:
I think Ana looked tired and a step slow already in the second set.. many of those UEs also come from being a step slow, so out of position to hit.

But yes.. I agree mental fitness is the main issue.. she can't handle emotions at all. She usually gets things that should motivate her and use them to bring herself down. She is always saying she tries to be positive, but I think she has quite the ability to turn good into bad.
She will always look slow when she's trying to push. It's so unnatural for her, she should never ever try to do that again. It's OK to show some great defense in some important point, but it should never be her gameplan. I remember she did some great pushing job against JJ in RG sf, but only in few points, not all the time.

Maybe she's not negative by default, I wouldn't know that, really. But sometimes thinking too much about positivity can also be exhausting. JAS really said it well, it's all focus. An ability to focus after few bad misses is a definition of mental strength. Positive thoughts, negative thoughts... It can all be exhausting IMO. But it's just my assumption, based on some basic psychology knowledge I have.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:00 AM   #40
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
She will always look slow when she's trying to push. It's so unnatural for her, she should never ever try to do that again. It's OK to show some great defense in some important point, but it should never be her gameplan. I remember she did some great pushing job against JJ in RG sf, but only in few points, not all the time.

Maybe she's not negative by default, I wouldn't know that, really. But sometimes thinking too much about positivity can also be exhausting. JAS really said it well, it's all focus. An ability to focus after few bad misses is a definition of mental strength. Positive thoughts, negative thoughts... It can all be exhausting IMO. But it's just my assumption, based on some basic psychology knowledge I have.
Yes, I agree.. the ability to focus on the next point and what you have to do to win it.

Also agree about pushing.. why she pushes so often is beyond me. So many times she is just passive out there.. Ana should walk on court knowing her only posible strategy is being agressive and going for her shots..

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:04 AM   #41
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Yes, I agree.. the ability to focus on the next point and what you have to do to win it.

Also agree about pushing.. why she pushes so often is beyond me. So many times she is just passive out there.. Ana should walk on court knowing her only posible strategy is being agressive and going for her shots..
HowardH made a great post about it and I completely agree with him, I'll try to find that post. He doesn't post often, but when he those, it's usually a great long post.

Edit: I found it, I hope he doesn't mind posting this: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=55

Last edited by Cajka : Jun 2nd, 2012 at 02:16 AM.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM   #42
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything in this thread (from Ana i mean) just makes me want to give up.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:40 AM   #43
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic2008 View Post

Because she has no confidence and doesn't want to accept it.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:44 AM   #44
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

I think Ana should do interview like ROddick did after match to Federer

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:31 PM   #45
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic2008 View Post

Oh my goodness, this so much! Wow, did she actually say all those things? Surely not? Wow. I mean, I'm just in shock to be honest. I don't mean to rip into her but like winning A match in Eastbourne is a given. Somebody needs to give Ana a dose of reality. All these statements remind me of her deluded pressers from when she was starting her decline. Bah, I don't even know what to say anymore.

She should obviously take a WC into Birmingham but of course she wont. She's going to win Eastbourne isn't she? To compensate for her SF points last year at Brum.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote