Grass is greener (2012 grass season) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 03:12 PM   #1
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Grass is greener (2012 grass season)

Well.. there are 3 tournaments on grass this year. Here is hoping grass is greener somehow.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 03:56 PM   #2
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grass is greener (2012 grass season)

Ana plans on playing Eastbourne, Wimbledon and OG on grass.

She just said in her serbian presser that she is now going to Eastbourne, that Nigel lives just 20 min away. But plan there is to just get a match or two in, no priority.

I can't believe she actually said that... but it seems she did. As if she doesn't need the points.. I guess there is truly something about Ana never getting back to top 10 again.

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM   #3
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Ana plans on playing Eastbourne, Wimbledon and OG on grass.

She just said in her serbian presser that she is now going to Eastbourne, that Nigel lives just 20 min away. But plan there is to just get a match or two in, no priority.

I can't believe she actually said that... but it seems she did. As if she doesn't need the points.. I guess there is truly something about Ana never getting back to top 10 again.
Where did you hear/read that?
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM   #4
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
Someone who watched it told me.

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM   #5
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She said it for B92. She said that Eastbourne is not the priority and that she plays it only to prepare for W.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM   #6
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I missed the news. When she loses like this, I don't want to listen about it on TV.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM   #7
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I missed the news. When she loses like this, I don't want to listen about it on TV.
yeah, she didn't look too disappointed. And she was hilarious when she said: "Odigrala sam jedan stvarno grozan gem na 4:4." Like a child.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:22 PM   #8
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
She said it for B92. She said that Eastbourne is not the priority and that she plays it only to prepare for W.
Translation: Tanking like there is no tomorrow.

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM   #9
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Translation: Tanking like there is no tomorrow.
I know. But, honestly, except last year she always tanked grass MMs.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:31 PM   #10
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I know. But, honestly, except last year she always tanked grass MMs.
Yes.. except now tanking or not, its about same result for her.. 2nd round here, 3rd round there.

Sometimes I wonder what's Ana's logic.. she says she wants to do well in big tournaments, and get back to top 10.. but craps out against anyone half decent and then tanks tournaments as if she didn't need the points. What does she want really?

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:37 PM   #11
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Yes.. except now tanking or not, its about same result for her.. 2nd round here, 3rd round there.

Sometimes I wonder what's Ana's logic.. she says she wants to do well in big tournaments, and get back to top 10.. but craps out against anyone half decent and then tanks tournaments as if she didn't need the points. What does she want really?
to win a slam or Olympics. That's obviously a plan. It's not gonna work, but OK.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM   #12
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
to win a slam or Olympics. That's obviously a plan. It's not gonna work, but OK.
As if she was going to do that by playing shitfests to the likes of Errani.. and looking dead tired after 1 hour of play.

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM   #13
country flag gaviotabr

I wasn't even going to mention this, because I'm really giving up on it, but... Is Ana ever going to do something about her fitness? She has been unfit and unable to compete in competitive 3 setters or in any longish match in almost 2 years. I think she only won 1 single match that lasted over 1h30min in that whole time spam. Its clearly an issue and she doesn't even have a fitness coach. What about Nigel? Is he even going to adress this issue?

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM   #14
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wasn't even going to mention this, because I'm really giving up on it, but... Is Ana ever going to do something about her fitness? She has been unfit and unable to compete in competitive 3 setters or in any longish match in almost 2 years. I think she only won 1 single match that lasted over 1h30min in that whole time spam. Its clearly an issue and she doesn't even have a fitness coach. What about Nigel? Is he even going to adress this issue?
No one can tell you that here
Except maybe Cp6uja.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM   #15
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

I was thinking about that too. How she is going to play both, singles and mixed doubles at the Olympics when she's "tired and exhausted" after playing an hour and a half long match? She was tired, exhausted, mentally and physically drained after 2 matches in Fed Cup In Moscow. She said it. When was the last time Ana played 5 matches in a row? In Linz '10? When she played 3 tournaments in a row? And all of a sudden she will find enough energy and strength to play singles and mixed doubles in London? Without playing or practicing with Ziki before that...

Last time they played together was at USO - 10 months ago... and they lost in 1st R. Maybe it would be better if he asked JJ to play doubles in London, she has won GS on grass...
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote