Summer 2012 : What are they playing. - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #61
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summer 2012 : What are they playing.

link

TF actually has ITF tournaments subgroup(Other Tournaments->Challenger).

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #62
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Thanks for posting the link to the Challengers and ITFs. Never realized they had their own forum...nice.

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #63
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to the live scoring for the separate Burdette and Embree matches.

Just starting first game now.

http://www.protennislive.com/framese...hallenger.com/
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #64
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Anyone know the result for today? or the link to it as well from the Lexington qualies?
link from here

http://www.lexingtonchallenger.com/

Also

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100027029
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #65
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

wonderful guys, thanks!
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #66
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

From Stanford's web site:

July 25, 2012

STANFORD, Calif.- The latest chapter of Mallory Burdette's impressive summer tournament run continued last weekend, as the senior captured the singles title at the Women's Hospital Tennis Classic in Evansville, Indiana.
The Women's Hospital Tennis Classic, a $10,000 Pro Circuit event, represented the first career professional tournament title for Burdette. The Jackson, Ga., native was sharp throughout the competition, dropping only five games in three qualifying matches and 15 games overall during her five main draw matches before defeating China's Ying-Ying Duan 6-1, 6-2 in the final.
Qualifying First Round: d. Elizabeth Vlachakis (USA) 6-0, 6-2
Qualifying Second Round: d. Lizeth Ramirez (COL) 6-0, 6-0
Qualifying Third Round: d. Mia Lancaster (USA) 6-2, 6-1Main Draw First Round: d. (5) Sally Peers (AUS) 6-0, 6-1
Main Draw Second Round: d. (Q) Naomi Osaka (JPN) 6-0, 6-1
Main Draw Quarterfinals: d. (3) Bojana Bobusic (AUS) 6-4, 7-6 (4)
Main Draw Semifinals: d. (WC) Julia Elbaba (USA) 6-3, 6-2
Main Draw Championship Match: d. (1) Ying-Ying Duan (CHN) 6-1, 6-2

The Women's Hospital Tennis Classic is the first of three consecutive USTA Pro Circuit $10,000 hard-court tournaments on the women's calendar during the month of July, kicking off the summer hardcourt season in the U.S. It is the only USTA Pro Circuit event (men's or women's) held in the state of Indiana.
Meanwhile, Burdette has received a wild card into the main draw of this week's $50,000 Lexington Challenger.
Burdette's first career tournament victory comes on the heels of an outstanding performance at the Bank of the West Classic. Burdette picked her first career WTA victory in the event's opening round, outlasting Anne Keothavong 2-6, 7-5, 6-4 back on July 10. Two days later, Burdette gave 10th-ranked Marion Bartoli an early scare but was unable to convert on set point in a 7-5, 6-0 loss.
A two-time NCAA doubles champion, Burdette teamed with junior Nicole Gibbs to win this year's title one season after bringing home the 2011 crown with Hilary Barte. The 2012 NCAA singles runner-up, Burdette has compiled a 104-22 overall singles record in three seasons.
About the USTA Pro Circuit
With approximately 90 tournaments hosted annually throughout the country and prize money ranging from $10,000 to $100,000, the USTA Pro Circuit is the pathway to the US Open and tour-level competition for aspiring tennis players and a frequent battleground for established professionals. The USTA launched its Pro Circuit 33 years ago to provide players with the opportunity to gain professional ranking points, and it has since grown to become the largest developmental tennis circuit in the world, offering nearly $3 million in prize money.Last year, more than 1,000 men and women from more than 70 countries competed in cities nationwide. Mardy Fish, Maria Sharapova, Andy Roddick, Caroline Wozniacki, James Blake, Li Na and Andy Murray are among today's top stars that began their careers on the USTA Pro Circuit. The USTA Pro Circuit is world-class tennis administered on the local level and played on local tennis courts as part of the fabric of communities nationwide -- an opportunity for current and new fans to experience the excitement and intensity of the professional game in their neighborhood
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #67
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Kristie Ahn got a QWC at $100k Vancouver.
Burdette with MDWC
Cako also in Q

Judging from the WC's, I doubt Jana Juricova is pursuing a professional tennis career. If Kristie and Mallory can get WC's rather easily, Juricova would, too.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #68
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Kristie Ahn got a QWC at $100k Vancouver.
Burdette with MDWC
Cako also in Q

Judging from the WC's, I doubt Jana Juricova is pursuing a professional tennis career. If Kristie and Mallory can get WC's rather easily, Juricova would, too.
Mallory has two recent wins over highly ranked WTA players, was within two points of taking a set from Bartoli, and won a 10K, so her results merit a WC, that said, the change in the schedule from the Olympics is presenting an unique opportunity for players to get into tournaments.

LiveScore Link at Vanopen.com
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #69
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

True.

But Kristie Ahn, really, at a $100K? I'm just saying...Jana should be at these tournaments too (or maybe Slovakian ITFs) if she really is pursuing tennis after college. Guess not
Playing for the Breakers on WTT is just ...strange for me to comprehend.

The Olympics does pose unique opportunities but the entry list for this tournament isn't unusually weak either. Maybe we would've seen some low-end top 100 players if it weren't for the Olympics but who knows.

GO BEARS!
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #70
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I read from a blog of a guy who plays WTT that the contact he signed, he can't play any pro tournaments during the 3 week season and if you do, you give almost all of the money you make back and don't get the playoff bonus. Even though she's an "alternate," she's getting a lot of playing time and wins so we'll see.

tennisbuddy12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #71
country flag cowsonice

Oh I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

I just hope she does get on the ITF circuit ASAP. It kinda kills me to see some Stanford players doing so well and Jana not playing. It makes it hard to gauge where she is going. I love her so much. Great game, did the Cal program proud.

GO BEARS!
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #72
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

ITF 50k Bronx, NY

Entry List

Main Draw

1 Romina OPRANDI (SUI) 61 1
2 Casey DELLACQUA (AUS) 107 1
3 Karolina PLISKOVA (CZE) 109 1
4 Olivia ROGOWSKA (AUS) 119 1
5 Erika SEMA (JPN) 123 1
6 Paula ORMAECHEA (ARG) 124 1
7 Kristyna PLISKOVA (CZE) 125 1
8 Tatjana MALEK (GER) 135 1
9 Irena PAVLOVIC (FRA) 143 1
10 Alison RISKE (USA) 157 1
11 Elina SVITOLINA (UKR) 174 1
12 Olga PUCHKOVA (RUS) 177 1
13 Marta SIROTKINA (RUS) 183 1
14 Chi Chi SCHOLL (USA) 184 1
15 Julia GLUSHKO (ISR) 212 1
16 Johanna KONTA (GBR) 213 1
17 Vesna DOLONC (SRB) 216 1
18 Aleksandra KRUNIC (SRB) 218 1
19 Maria SANCHEZ (USA) 222 1
20 Teliana PEREIRA (BRA) 224 1
21 Naomi BROADY (GBR) 226 1
22 Lauren ALBANESE (USA) 245 P 1
WCM Julia ELBABA (USA)
WCM Eva RASZKIEWICZ (USA)

Qualifying

1 Bojana BOBUSIC (AUS) 254 1
2 Gabriela PAZ (VEN) 277 1
3 Anna CHAKVETADZE (RUS) 316 1
4 Adriana PEREZ (VEN) 320 1
5 Shuko AOYAMA (JPN) 346 1
6 Chieh-Yu HSU (USA) 369 1
7 Alexandra MUELLER (USA) 397 1
8 Keren SHLOMO (ISR) 406 1
9 Emily WEBLEY-SMITH (GBR) 407 1
10 Sachie ISHIZU (JPN) 457 1
11 Nika KUKHARCHUK (RUS) 511 1
12 Allie WILL (USA) 536 1
13 Eri HOZUMI (JPN) 548 1
14 Miki MIYAMURA (JPN) 550 1
15 Miharu IMANISHI (JPN) 564 2
16 Jacqueline CAKO (USA) 654 1
17 Jan ABAZA (USA) 666 1
18 Tereza HLADIKOVA (CZE) 690 1
19 Tori KINARD (USA) 782= 1
20 Veronica M. CORNING (USA) 797 1
21 Zoe Gwen SCANDALIS (USA) 831 1

22 Nicole ROBINSON (USA) 884= 1
23 Lara RAFFUL (ITA) 912 1
24 Nicola SLATER (GBR) 963 1
25 Simone PRATT (BAH) 982= 1
26 Denise MURESAN (USA) 1008= 1
WCQ Magda OKRUASHVILI (GEO)
WCQ Kristie AHN (USA)

It really seems that Ahn is fully healed, playing quite a bit of ITF tourneys now.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Aug 4th, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #73
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
ITF 50k Bronx, NY

Entry List

Qualifying

24 Nicola SLATER (GBR) 963 1
No love for Nik?
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #74
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
No love for Nik?
Damn, didn't know she played for FSU
I did watch her play as a pro last year at So. Cal ITF tourneys

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #75
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Mallory has two recent wins over highly ranked WTA players, was within two points of taking a set from Bartoli, and won a 10K, so her results merit a WC, that said, the change in the schedule from the Olympics is presenting an unique opportunity for players to get into tournaments.
LiveScore Link at Vanopen.com
Mal has won 14 of her last 15 matches since playing Bartoli. Her next match is against JPeg for the final at Vancouver, as she could win her 2nd title in as many months.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote