Summer 2012 : What are they playing. - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #46
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future
Re: Summer 2012 : What are they playing.

Stanford/Bank of the West Qualifying - Day 02:

Jana Juricova formerly of Cal. Pulled off a nice win over Alexa Glatch. Jana also won the 2011 NCAA Singles title on that very same court.

Grace Min of ???. She seems to be pretty popular on this college board, even though, as far as I know, she isn't going to college. People can wish, though! [ Note: she played well to qualify into the MD of the tournament. I think she likes the Stanford courts. Maybe Grace will accept a scholarship here! heh heh ]

A couple more shots of all the players that participated today - go here: http://www.pbase.com/nomalt/2012_sta...nk_of_the_west

Note: best viewing if you click on the "original" view size!

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #47
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
How was the Min match with Parra Hoping the thigh wrap is just used as a precaution
I didn't really see any of that match, but I "thought" Parra was holding her own. But after looking at the final score, I guess not.

The Min/Spears match was really not very good. Too many EUs. Best match of the day was Sema/Zheng, though Sema had Saisai on the defensive. Makes me wonder how good these girls would really be if they were 6" taller!

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #48
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Saw on CALs website that Jana Juricova is returning to cal in the fall for a coaching position. I was hoping she would go pro after being a qualifier at a premier wta tournament!
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #49
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

The Bank of the West Classic marks Juricova's first professional tournament since completing her tennis career at Cal. The former Golden Bear will return to Berkeley this fall where she will work closely with head coach Amanda Augustus' tennis program.

That is what was on the Cal site. She may just be hitting and advising with the younger girls. Volunteer assistant possibly. At OSU, some of the alumni still hit with the girls on a regular basis. She has her eyes set on the pro tour I think, with Berkley being her base?

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #50
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
The Bank of the West Classic marks Juricova's first professional tournament since completing her tennis career at Cal. The former Golden Bear will return to Berkeley this fall where she will work closely with head coach Amanda Augustus' tennis program.

That is what was on the Cal site. She may just be hitting and advising with the younger girls. Volunteer assistant possibly. At OSU, some of the alumni still hit with the girls on a regular basis. She has her eyes set on the pro tour I think, with Berkley being her base?
You think? I always found it weird how she never played pro tournaments in the summer and saw that as a possible indication that she really wasn't looking to pursue pro tennis. I mean isn't she almost 30?
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #51
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Carlsbad;

Durisic wins PQ, beating Smyth in SF and Colffer (ret.). Scandalis also gets PQ WC.

Gibbs gets MD WC.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #52
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
You think? I always found it weird how she never played pro tournaments in the summer and saw that as a possible indication that she really wasn't looking to pursue pro tennis. I mean isn't she almost 30?
She's an international recruit. I've always thought she'd be in Slovakia during her summers. BUUTTT....

I remember somebody telling me that she plans to do some pro tournaments after her career at Cal, and after realizing that Stanford is the only tourney she played, her plans might have changed. It might've been hard for her to get WC's elsewhere though. Not American, limited ITFs in and around Slovakia, only NCAA famous.

But just to set the record straight, the Daily Cal newspaper did a feature on Jana in 2011. She said she wants to do non-profit work after graduating.

It's very commendable and seems very Berkeley

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 05:40 AM   #53
country flag urklerlay

Mallory Burdette won the the 10k in Evansville today! Go Card!

Sent from my iPad using VS Free

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM   #54
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Chelsey is playing Lexington qualies! Didn't know if she'd give the tour a shot at all, so I'm thrilled. She and Lauren play each other today in the second round qualifying match. SEC Battle!
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM   #55
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Lexington
Embree d Gullickson 75 61
Frilling d Robinson 62 62
Will d King 63 62
Hardebeck d Krywacz 63 46 61
McPhillips d Kinard 75 63
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 08:48 PM   #56
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Embree playing doubles in Lexington with Mal Burdette, her 2nd Stanford teammate of the summer. Apparently she would rather play with any Cardinal over *former* teammate Allie Will
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #57
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Embree playing doubles in Lexington with Mal Burdette, her 2nd Stanford teammate of the summer. Apparently she would rather play with any Cardinal over *former* teammate Allie Will
Former? Has Will or Embree transferred?
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:26 AM   #58
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Former? Has Will or Embree transferred?
Allie turned pro
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #59
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Allie turned pro
interesting...
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #60
country flag desariofan

Anyone know the result for today? or the link to it as well from the Lexington qualies?