Nadia Petrova and her thoughts about current WTA tour - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Nadia Petrova and her thoughts about current WTA tour

- This week in the women's rankings the leader changed. Could you imagine a couple of years ago that Serena Williams would once again be the first in the world?

Nadia: If you had asked this question, for example, at the beginning of the 2012, or even in 2011, I would have said that this probably would not happen. But at the end of last season, it became clear that Williams is back on top. Despite recently for a long time Serena was ranked third, she was head and shoulders above all. The American is a true leader. And behaves accordingly.

- But aren't other players tired from it?

Nadia: No. Serena - an exceptionally significant figure for our sport. Still, there are not enough outstanding personalities in women's tennis. For example, Agnieszka Radwanska is playing well, but still not the best(better than anyone). Vika Azarenka, I have to admit, is not considered by all as the leader of our tour. Kvitova, Stosur Kerber - excellent players. But with Serena 's "scale of personality" can be comapared only Maria Sharapova.

- who can you pick out from young players?

Nadia: I honestly do not see so many matches in which they participate. Yulia Putintseva, judging by the increase in her results, is seeking for big achievements. Madison Keys and Sloane Stephens are playing really good. Also probably French Kristina Mladenovic, but her game is still inconsistent. .

http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/28965/

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nadia Petrova and her thoughts about current WTA tour

Any other nuggests? I don't think the long article will do well in Google translate.

I wonder why the players wouldn't respect Vika's game since she's beaten so many of them so consistently. She seems friendly and open with the players, or at least seems so. I remember when she Tweeted Arvidssen about the chocolate gift she (Sofia) received in her hotel room. Maybe that was all before LMFAO/Redfoo(l). Or perhaps they don't see her game as special enough.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #3
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Warning bad Google Translation to follow:

Quote:
- Stringy tennis, Errani who now plays the best, in your opinion, has the prospects?

- For several years, until the player gets tired - of course. But we must understand, when you are constantly carrying out on the court for two or three hours, it eventually affects. Therefore, those who play such a boring tennis, mostly relying on error rivals for a long time in the elite do not stay.

- Do you like the game, apparently not impressed ...

- (Smiles) Absolutely. I prefer a different style.
She doesn't like Errani's game.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #4
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post

yes

on the question "this pushing tennis , which Errani plays, does it have a future?

Nadia : for a couple of years ....until she gets tired(exhausted). You have to understand that if you stay 2-3 hours on court in every match , early or later consequences will happen. That's why , who is playing this tedious tennis , to a higher extent depending on opponents errors, doesn't stay for a long in the elite

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Feb 25th, 2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #5
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any other nuggests? I don't think the long article will do well in Google translate.

I wonder why the players wouldn't respect Vika's game since she's beaten so many of them so consistently. She seems friendly and open with the players, or at least seems so. I remember when she Tweeted Arvidssen about the chocolate gift she (Sofia) received in her hotel room. Maybe that was all before LMFAO/Redfoo(l). Or perhaps they don't see her game as special enough.
She somehow reminds me of Peak-Safina's stamina and concentration a bit. She was able to outlast most of their opponents back then.

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #6
edificio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
yes

on the question "this pushing tennis , which Errani plays, does it have a future?

Nadia : for a couple of years ....until she get tired(exhausted). You have to understand that if you stay 2-3 hours on court in every match , early or later consequences will happen. That's why , who is playing this tedious tennis , to a higher extent depending on opponents errors, don't stay for a long in the elite
Yes, that makes it clearer than the Google version. Thanks! I could not figure out what was meant by "stringy tennis."
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #7
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

I love her hoensty. And to be honest, she isn't lying
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #8
country flag MAGIKARPETTA

MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future

Peak PeTROIA

PAW(best rank: #1): '13 Dubai, Strarbourg - '11 YEC, Eastbourne, Budapest
FITD(best rank: #2): '11 Eastbourne & Wimbledon

Twitter
MAGIKARPETTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #9
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:

Vika may in the future become a leader, but she needs to stop with the tongue wagging, dubious post match celebrations, failed handshakes, & most important of all, she needs to stop with the gamesmanship - too many incidences, too many numerous times ...fair play and respect for the game is as important.

...it's worrisome when a ton of fans & your fellow players disrespect your game coz they believe it's based on cheating

Last edited by ZeroSumGame : Feb 25th, 2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: additional info
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #10
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #11
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

I like Petrova a lot, certainly much more than Errani, but IMO, in her remarks she's showing her personal dislike for both Vika and Errani. After she parted with Ricardo Sanchez, he was asked in an interview something about Petrova being controversial and not having many friends on tour.
Nothing so particular about players not being friendly on tour, though.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #12
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nadia: Serena - an exceptionally significant figure for our sport.
Praise your Lord, Nadezhda!
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #13
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
I wonder why the players wouldn't respect Vika's game since she's beaten so many of them so consistently. She seems friendly and open with the players, or at least seems so.
I do think that quite large group of players still don't consider Azarenka a player, whom they can't defeat. Petrova, Stosur, even the likes of Lisicki, Barthel, Cibulkova(etc) all consider that they lose not to Azarenka, but because are not ready enough to beat with their more powerful game this Azarenka's consistent game.... Even after losing they tend to blame themselfs for making too much errors and give less credit to Azarenka.....

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #14
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

Quote:

Nadia : for a couple of years ....until she get tired(exhausted). You have to understand that if you stay 2-3 hours on court in every match , early or later consequences will happen. That's why , who is playing this tedious tennis , to a higher extent depending on opponents errors, don't stay for a long in the elite

love you, nadezda
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #15
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well,when several players spoke against grunting as a form of cheating she called them weak, the incident with Radwanska certainly did not add her any popularity, she copies things after other players (eg finger wagging to show everyone she's no.1 a la Serena) and then, there's Redfoo(l)and his cries for attention. Not the most appealing personality out there, that's for sure. I think she got a bit too big for her boots when she became no.1.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote