Johanna Konta - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #16
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of
Re: Johanna Konta !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDoIt View Post
^^ Well, then you are not a true tennis fans.
Its got nothing to do with that. I dont know anything about her. If she changed to GBR she would just be some British junior to me. I support every single Aussie girl and want them to be the best they can be but if she changed she wouldnt be one so why would i continue to support her if i dont know anything about her?

*gestures rude finger at u for trying to be a hard arse*
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #17
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. I doubt you dont understand what my point is.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #18
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Its got nothing to do with that. I dont know anything about her. If she changed to GBR she would just be some British junior to me. I support every single Aussie girl and want them to be the best they can be but if she changed she wouldnt be one so why would i continue to support her if i dont know anything about her?

*gestures rude finger at u for trying to be a hard arse*
Okay I understand that, but have to ask you and scottsue one more question, would you stop supporting Dokic if she would start representing other country ?
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #19
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Okay I understand that, but have to ask you and scottsue one more question, would you stop supporting Dokic if she would start representing other country ?
The difference between Dokic and Konta is i know nothing about Konta, whereas i have watched Dokic news and results for years. To answer that question though, i would lose ALOT of respect for Dokic for screwing Australia around the way she has (if she switched natio's). I wouldnt care as much about how her career turns out because she wouldnt be an Aussie and i wouldn't browse through all her forums finding out gossip because i wouldnt care moreover i wouldnt like her for using us and then wiping us away like a dirty arse.
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #20
country flag Just Do It

^ So, the answer is no. And it shows you are not a real Jelena Dokic fan. All Australians stopped supporting Jelena when she switched to Serbia in 2001, and then started supporting her again in 2006, that is pretty lame. I am still her huge ( the biggest ) fan,even though she plays for Australia, and I do not have anything to do with Australia. It just shows I am a fan of Jelena Dokic, not of Australia, Serbia or whatever.

Anyway this discussion is completely unnecessary.
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #21
country flag Daniel.

Quote:
^ So, the answer is no. And it shows you are not a real Jelena Dokic fan. All Australians stopped supporting Jelena when she switched to Serbia in 2001, and then started supporting her again in 2006, that is pretty lame. I am still her huge ( the biggest ) fan,even though she plays for Australia, and I do not have anything to do with Australia. It just shows I am a fan of Jelena Dokic, not of Australia, Serbia or whatever.

Anyway this discussion is completely unnecessary.
You are pretty lame!
And the answer was not just "no", there was alot more to it than that and i explained how and why i would stop liking her because i would have something against her GIVING ME VERY GOOD REASON to reduce the support that i give her.

For now i love her to death, if she backstabbed my country i would dislike her and she would deserve every criticism Australians threw at her!
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #22
country flag Just Do It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
You are pretty lame!
And the answer was not just "no", there was alot more to it than that and i explained how and why i would stop liking her because i would have something against her GIVING ME VERY GOOD REASON to reduce the support that i give her.

For now i love her to death, if she backstabbed my country i would dislike her and she would deserve every criticism Australians threw at her!
You go man, what a fan
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #23
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

thats how most australians would feel... it doesnt make them less of a fan... its simply that we were screwed over before when she left and if she were to do it again of course aussies are going to lose a bit of respect and interest in her... its what happens

if molik, stosur or dellacqua switched natio's i wouldnt follow them as much as before. but probably the same amount as i support like ivanovic and jankovic now...

patriotism is a powerful thing and theres nothing wrong with that
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #24
country flag Daniel.

Quote:
You go man, what a fan
How old are you?? Surely not over 15 or 16.....

Thanks Harvs for supporting what i said. This moron clearly doesnt understand what im trying to say no matter how simply i try to word it.
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:20 AM   #25
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Have to say that I agree with Harvs and Dan ... when Dokic left before I no longer supported her. When she came back, as an Australian she instantly had my support. If she walks again, she will instantly drop off my radar.

You have to remember that it is about more than being a fan of a player ... it is about supporting your nation. Many Australians feel Jelena did screw us over when she received so much support.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:50 AM   #26
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

The way I see it there are two Jelena's. There's Jelena the tennis player, and Jelena the Australian.

As a tennis player, she definately floats my boat. I will always be a fan of hers for her game, fantastic off the ground with punishing groundies, and that well disguised, oh-so-delicate backhand dropshot. For her game, I will always be a fan.

As an Australian however, you could understand skeptical Australian fans. The first time she left Australia, I know I was disappointed, but I also knew that her father had played a large role in that decision - she was still a kid. However, it's well known that alot of money was spent on Jelena's development, and to leave over one bad draw was really ludicrous, and what made it worse was that she refused to return to Australia to play at all, which would have also let down many Australian fans.

Then in 2006, she'd seperated herself from her father, and wanted to be Australian again - which to me showed her love for this country, and the gratitude she'd given her all the opportunities she'd recieved - AND WE WERE VERY GLAD TO WELCOME HER BACK! Tennis Australia was very supportive through WC's and facilities, and they were happy to see Jelena use them - but then she faded away again - and re-appeared in late 2007, to our delight.

I can understand TA being cautious with there assets this time, and I think Jelena was very lucky to get the opportunities that she got this time around in '08. The wildcards were again at her disposal and she used AUSTRALIAN Wildcards - meant for AUSTRALIAN players. If Jelena were to represent another nation again - to Australians - it would seem as though she just used our country as a way of getting going again.

If she did decide to represent Serbia again, the question for Jelena fans would be - What do you love more - Jelena Dokic, the tennis player or Australia, the country? If it were the latter, then you very well not be a Jelena fan anymore, as you've seen her actions as just using Australia to get a headstart and then leaving it behind her. That's my outlook anyway
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:56 AM   #27
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Completely forgot that this was a thread about Johanna Konta! In her case, I don't feel at all as though she 'used' Australia, because it appears as though she's spent a large amount of time in Britain, and has developed through there facilities.

While Dokic has used AUSTRALIAN Wildcards and AUSTRALIAN facilities quite happily, but that's OK as long as she remains Australians. Otherwise she will look like she's just been using Australia to get ahead, even though I'll still be a fan, and a huge one at that
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #28
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Bump!
Johanna played at Roland Garros under the Australian flag, but lost in the first round. She then played at the Roehampton ITF Junior Championships, again as an Australian. Now at Junior Wimbledon, Konta is playing for Australia once more. Now surely, if the same rules applied to Konta as to Gajdosova and Rodionova, she would have elected to play for Great Britain...but she is listed as Australian. Amongst the juniors on the LTA site, Konta is not mentioned...

Maybe she and her family reached some sort of agreement like Andrew Thomas and his family

One things certain, let's hope we can hang on to her as she has obviously got talent
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #29
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

She is the tenth seed for Junior Wimbledon and is currently on court against Monica Gorny from South Africa. Konta won the first 7-5 and is up 1-0 15-40 with Gorny serving...
Let's go Johanna

I wish there was a way for us to know where her long term allegiances lie.
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #30
country flag OZTENNIS

She is cruising now
7-5 4-0 30-30 and serving