Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title at a Major again? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Venus Win a title again before she retire in singles?

Yes she will, in fact, she will win a Major again. 65 27.08%
She will not win a major, maybe a tier 1 or lower 104 43.33%
She won't win another title, if she does, it will be a tier II or lower 71 29.58%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 25th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #61
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Great thread . Almost as good as bumping the "All William's final" thread.
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #62

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneru View Post
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”

Jesus Christ!!
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #63
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title at a Major again?

Don't think so.
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:42 AM   #64
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Can't see Venus winning a major, but she's still one of the better second-echelon players on the tour, so I would definitely give her a good chance of winning another title or two of some sort. If so, that could well be a tier 1 title, since not all tier 1 events are strongly contested by the top players. I wish her luck!
I agree Venus is going to be thirty two years old this month. How many women OVER AGE THIRTY win slams? The only ones I can recall are Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova in the modern era.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #65
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Yes, if she regains "weight". Too reedy at the moment........
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 04:43 AM   #66
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

who knows really. I mean shes clearly been dealing with this illness for a while. It explains those matches in was it 2010 she was dominating and then all of a sudden looked stiff and sore on the court in finals. That final against Clijsters in was it Miami? where she just didnt show up and the same thing happen in the Rome final I believe....

Her age is the biggest issue. and then consider shes changed her diet. Shes still beating top ten players so I dont see why she couldnt win another title. even a tier 1. Really it depends on *IF* she is retiring after the olympic or not I think.

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
I agree Venus is going to be thirty two years old this month. How many women OVER AGE THIRTY win slams? The only ones I can recall are Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova in the modern era.
So does that exclude Serena too then?

Jesus Christ!!
Old May 27th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #68
country flag Kunal

Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute

if she does, it'll be one of the best stories in the wta tour.

would love for it to happen
Old May 27th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #69
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

I think the thread title was changed. At a major? Eh. But she is still a force to be reckoned with.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #70
country flag vspak

vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all vspak is a name known to all

No.
vspak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #71
country flag Vuvurenka

Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold Vuvurenka is a splendid one to behold

Major singles title? No.
Vuvurenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal View Post
if she does, it'll be one of the best stories in the wta tour.

would love for it to happen
OMG I would be in soo much

especially after seeing this video

Jesus Christ!!
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 06:46 PM   #73
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Nope.
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 07:01 PM   #74
country flag cehowardrx7
73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

The question should be will MARTINA HINGIS win anymore Slams, titles etc. or can Jennifer Capriati or Steffi Graf win any slams??...Where are Hingis, Steffi and Caprita ages? Venus is 30, and with an illness too. But she still has the guts to get out there and play.

Martina Hingis retired at age 27...

Graf at 30,

Jennifer Capriati ??? Maybe around 30 too

Hingis took the easy way out, and don't know about the others..

On the question will Venus win another slam? No, Why? Because she has gotten older, she is not at her best, and never will get there again.. Not only that, she is suffering from and illness. But, she hasn't quit.. She gets props. With me being her fan, I hate to see her get beat around by the up and comers.. Just like Joe Louis, past his prime, getting beat up by up starters..

73,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 07:09 PM   #75
country flag Queenpova

Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
The question should be will MARTINA HINGIS win anymore Slams, titles etc. or can Jennifer Capriati or Steffi Graf win any slams??...Where are Hingis, Steffi and Caprita ages? Venus is 30, and with an illness too. But she still has the guts to get out there and play.

Martina Hingis retired at age 27...

Graf at 30,

Jennifer Capriati ??? Maybe around 30 too

Hingis took the easy way out, and don't know about the others..

On the question will Venus win another slam? No, Why? Because she has gotten older, she is not at her best, and never will get there again.. Not only that, she is suffering from and illness. But, she hasn't quit.. She gets props. With me being her fan, I hate to see her get beat around by the up and comers.. Just like Joe Louis, past his prime, getting beat up by up starters..

Why are you acting like graf is venus' age? WTF?
Queenpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote