Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title at a Major again? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Venus Win a title again before she retire in singles?

Yes she will, in fact, she will win a Major again. 65 27.08%
She will not win a major, maybe a tier 1 or lower 104 43.33%
She won't win another title, if she does, it will be a tier II or lower 71 29.58%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #31
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title again?

This is something no one really knows. With her talent she is capable of winning anything but with her illness her body may not support her desire to play her best. If Venus and her team have successfully come up with a plan that sustains her energy and endurance anything is possible. It is still too premature to tell because she has only played a few tournaments and I don't think we have seen what she is fully capable of yet because it appears that she wants to ease into her grove and not over do it.

One thing for sure, I am just going to enjoy the ride win or lose. Because it is great to see a legend like Venus still playing and drawing interest for womens tennis.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #32
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

She is definitely going to win a singles title. You can see it in her groundstrokes that she is close to coming back.

Slam? Tough. Her best shot is probably this upcoming Wimbledon but Serena is on fire, hard to see Venus beating Serena (or Pironkova).
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #33
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollaneres25 View Post
As she has successfully relaunched her comeback tour since learning about her illness, I can't help but to wonder if she will ever have the strength, composer and confidence to plow through a draw and hoist another singles trophy.

Her last singles championship at a Major was back in 2008 at Wimbledon.(4 Years Ago)
Her last singles championship on tour was back in 2010 at Abierto Mexico Telcel in Acapulco. (2 Years Ago)

Her Best showing at a Major recently was back in 2010 when she made the Semifinals at the US Open and lost to eventual champion Kim Clijsters.

Stop living the Past.
We are now using
PM. P5. P. and MM.
No such thing as Tier Is, IIs, etc.
We stopped using it since 2009.

and havent you heard...
Venus Williams will win Roland Garros 2012.
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #34
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
She is definitely going to win a singles title. You can see it in her groundstrokes that she is close to coming back.

Slam? Tough. Her best shot is probably this upcoming Wimbledon but Serena is on fire, hard to see Venus beating Serena (or Pironkova).
Serena is toast once you made her hit more than 4 balls
- Sanchez
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #35
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread . Almost as good as bumping the "All William's final" thread.
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #36
country flag Sharapowerr

Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post

Or Sharapova
Sharapowerr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #37
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
This is something no one really knows. With her talent she is capable of winning anything but with her illness her body may not support her desire to play her best. If Venus and her team have successfully come up with a plan that sustains her energy and endurance anything is possible. It is still too premature to tell because she has only played a few tournaments and I don't think we have seen what she is fully capable of yet because it appears that she wants to ease into her grove and not over do it.

One thing for sure, I am just going to enjoy the ride win or lose. Because it is great to see a legend like Venus still playing and drawing interest for womens tennis.
Agreed.
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #38
country flag tonybotz

tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future

she gets that serve going and has some luck she can win indoors - or if she meets Baby Sis in the Wimbledon final. you know if they both make it again, Papa Williams will mandate that it's Vee's turn.
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #39
country flag J4m3ka

J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future

Venus is regaining form and her best surface is approaching, but it will still be extremely difficult for her to take either Wimbledon or the OG. An in-form Serena would be too much of an obstacle to overcome, although I can see her being able to beat pretty much anyone else on grass, minus Pironkova.

As for a singles title, it's just a matter of time Although I don't even think that is her priority from the look of things. I got the impression that she just wants to earn a few points at tournaments, improve her ranking and qualify for the Olympics.
"But every sport improves dramatically every three-to-five years, and I think we've see that in the sport of tennis. These guys just keep getting better and better. There's no comparison between what guys are doing now to 10 years ago"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Agassi
"Listen, I could sit here and tell you that I'm the best of the best, but unfortunately, the best get better. That's just how it is. Speed, athleticism, change in technology, and why people don't come to the net anymore because of the angles that are created. It's a whole different set of circumstances out there"
J4m3ka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #40
country flag Mixal

Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future

The tour is stronger than in the last few years. Now we have Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka and a few more playing good, and what's even more important, they seem to be consistent.

Of course, we need to see what is going to happen with her health and game first. At this point, I'd be happy with MM. That would mean her body held up well.
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #41
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Should have made it a public poll.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #42
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #43
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

I think so. She may of lost but the way she was hitting against Sharapova was impressive, the most sting she's had off the ground since she came back.
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #44
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Of course she'll win a title even if it's just a small one.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #45
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Why not?