Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title at a Major again? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Venus Win a title again before she retire in singles?

Yes she will, in fact, she will win a Major again. 65 27.08%
She will not win a major, maybe a tier 1 or lower 104 43.33%
She won't win another title, if she does, it will be a tier II or lower 71 29.58%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 24th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #16
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold
Re: Will Venus Williams ever win a singles title again?

No she will never win another title. I base this on the events she chooses to play. Lately she only plays the big events with the best players. The other thing is she is just way too inconsistent, with low tennis IQ. (The match with Sharapova is a big example. She kept going to her backhand as if she was playing Stosur) and the serve is not as good as it used to be. All a player has to do is keep the ball in play and Venus is toast.
TennisArt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #17
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to think you really are a troll, OP, and not a fan.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #18
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I think it all depends on whether she chooses to focus solely on the majors or if she plays something resembling full schedule. If it's the latter, she'll certainly win a few more titles. I don't think she'll win another slam, though. And it's really gonna come down to her health.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #19
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnyTheSaviOuR View Post
IIRC Maria Sharapova after her win in Wimbledon won few MMs in Asia too
Yes, in Tokyo. I didn't mean it as a bad thing, I was just being honest. If Venus can't win anything in the run up to the US Open I feel like the Asian MMs will provide her with a decent opportunity to pick up a title

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #20
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

The signs so far in her comeback are looking quite good. I mean considering that she still hasn't played a lot of tennis, she's had decent results at 3 of her 4 events, and her losses have come against Radwanska, Stosur, Kerber, and Sharapova, who are all currently top 10 in the race so she's hardly been losing to scrubs.

Presuming that she will only get better in her comeback she's more than likely in my opinion gunna win a title of some sort this year. Her favourite part of the season is upcoming where the courts play to her strengths and she'll be super motivated given how little time she has left to start winning again, to make the most of the last year or so of her career.

At this point, not even her fans should make her favourite for a major even Wimbledon, and given circumstances it would be remarkable for her to win at the biggest level, but at the same time, Wimbledon must still be a serious option for a title, given her history and ability to storm through the draw short of matches.

The safe bet would be for Stanford if she plays, or Dubai/Doha next year presuming she plays

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #21
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Vee_92 View Post
The signs so far in her comeback are looking quite good. I mean considering that she still hasn't played a lot of tennis, she's had decent results at 3 of her 4 events, and her losses have come against Radwanska, Stosur, Kerber, and Sharapova, who are all currently top 10 in the race so she's hardly been losing to scrubs.

Presuming that she will only get better in her comeback she's more than likely in my opinion gunna win a title of some sort this year. Her favourite part of the season is upcoming where the courts play to her strengths and she'll be super motivated given how little time she has left to start winning again, to make the most of the last year or so of her career.

At this point, not even her fans should make her favourite for a major even Wimbledon, and given circumstances it would be remarkable for her to win at the biggest level, but at the same time, Wimbledon must still be a serious option for a title, given her history and ability to storm through the draw short of matches.

The safe bet would be for Stanford if she plays, or Dubai/Doha next year presuming she plays
But you know she's going to draw Pironkova at Wimbledon. Bet on it!
TennisArt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #22
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisArt View Post
But you know she's going to draw Pironkova at Wimbledon. Bet on it!

i bloody hope not. But you raise a good point. An issue with Venus can be that no matter how well she's playing she could pull out a stinker and lose to a far lesser player. Obviously, Pironkova must be considered a bad matchup more than anything, but not often could you say with 100% certainty that Venus will win any given match, so that will hold her back in winning a title, stringing 6 or 7 consistent days together.

I reckon though, besides Pironkova her sister, and then Maria and Petra, there aren't any others who will be able to handle her on grass, if she plays well which she usually does at SW19. Just pray that she can give of her best on the grass this year, and then amazing things could happen

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #23
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Nope.
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #24
country flag Charlatan
17 >>> Your Fav

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see her win a title again...A wimbledon would be nice, too..I wouldn't mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
Don't laugh at your superiors. Bow down bitch.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #25

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
I'd love to see her win a title again...A wimbledon would be nice, too..I wouldn't mind
Well how come you're never this nice about The Queen Goddess Lordrena?
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #26
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

She's still better than 99% of the tour, so it'll be surprising if she doesn't add another 2-3 titles to her name. They might just be Tier II/Premier, but who cares?

Heck, in Paris next week she'll probably be favored in every match she plays unless she runs into Serena/Na/Sharapova/Kerber/Azarenka/Pironkova. 1% chance that she wins the title (and odds are that she'll lose to some random not in that list), but the fact that 121/127 players in the draw are a winnable matchup for her is enough to remain hopeful that a title will come eventually. She'll need to keep improving her fitness so she can play 4-5 matches without her energy being totally zapped, but no doubt she'll do everything possible.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #27
country flag Charlatan
17 >>> Your Fav

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviasmith View Post
you are so wrong for picking me on with this accusation

i am always nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
Don't laugh at your superiors. Bow down bitch.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #28
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ok.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjdeNate! View Post
ok.
lol. somebody's feelings are hurt.

Old May 24th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #30
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol. somebody's feelings are hurt.

ok.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote