2012 NCAA Individual (Singles + Doubles) Tournament - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:26 PM   #16
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2012 NCAA Individual (Singles + Doubles) Tournament

How about Robin vs. Stacey in the 2nd round? Robin will probably beat last year's runner up.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:05 AM   #17
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
How about Robin vs. Stacey in the 2nd round? Robin will probably beat last year's runner up.
1. #4 Robin Anderson (UCLA) vs. #8 Jana Juricova (CAL) 4-6, 2-5, unfinished

And Stacey beat Jana at Ojai, so who knows
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:37 AM   #18
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
1. #4 Robin Anderson (UCLA) vs. #8 Jana Juricova (CAL) 4-6, 2-5, unfinished

And Stacey beat Jana at Ojai, so who knows
Robin did beat Jana in their dual matchup this year:

1. #4 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #8 Jana Juricova (CAL) 2-6, 6-1, 7-5
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:52 AM   #19
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I know. So it might be a blast, a duel between two flat hitters
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:23 AM   #20
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Mal is the opposite of consistency, just look at Ojai and NCAA team result

She's SO unpredictable So yeah, maybe Denise has chance
Those results read mental fragility to me

If Burdette treats it as another tournament/dual matchup, she won't lose out early.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:27 AM   #21
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

Gibbs vs Fraser should be interesting!!
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:03 AM   #22
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. The three contenders are all in the same half (Capra, Anderson, and Gullickson). You could even throw Embree in there, and she's still on the same side. Will's side of the draw is completely empty...
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM   #23
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Wow. The three contenders are all in the same half (Capra, Anderson, and Gullickson). You could even throw Embree in there, and she's still on the same side. Will's side of the draw is completely empty...
Gibbs? Defending champ Juricova?
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:10 AM   #24
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I wouldn't count Stacey out, as she plays up to competition
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:11 AM   #25
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Those results read mental fragility to me

If Burdette treats it as another tournament/dual matchup, she won't lose out early.
That's a big IF...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:22 AM   #26
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Gibbs? Defending champ Juricova?
you forgot that he still has anti - Pac 12(or against CAL and STAN that I championed ) bias
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #27
country flag fantic

Now Will lost to Capra, lost to Anderson(practically )..should feel the pressure, since if she won't do well at singles...(Embree actually did better at the NCAA singles last year, too) If she wants to hold on to her #1 singles next year, gotta do well here

Luckily for her, she has EXCELLENT draw

(1)Allie Will (Florida) vs. Shannon Mathews (Notre Dame)
Keri Wong (Clemson) vs. Danielle Lao (Southern California)
(9-16)Emina Bektas (Michigan) vs. Kata Szekely (Tennessee)
Abigal Tere-Apisah (Georgia State) vs. Katie Le (Santa Clara)

(7)Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar (Texas A&M) vs. Alexa Guarachi (Alabama)
Joelle Kissell (North Carolina State) vs. Tayler Davis (California)
(9-16)Diana Nakic (Baylor) vs. Gabriella Mejia (Miami)
Petra Niedermayerova (Kansas State) vs. Lutfiana Budiharto (Wichita State)

I mean, you can't ask better than this
Embree on the other hand, will probably have to battle Capra and Burdette early..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:51 AM   #28
country flag fantic

So, 'the betting man's curse' Mal, a tricky draw for her

Anna Bartenstein (Miami) vs. Liudmila Vasilieva (Washington State)
(9-16)Zoe Scandalis (Southern California) vs. Lucia Batta (UNLV)
Marianne Jodoin (Fresno State) vs. Denise Dy (Washington)
(5)Mallory Burdette (Stanford) vs. Maria Craciun (South Carolina St)

Anna beat Gibbs at WAATC, Zoe beat Mal at UNLV invite, Dy is Dy, I'll be rooting
for Jodoin if she advances
Even Batta harassed Mal in their dual match

potential minefield
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : May 23rd, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM   #29
country flag fantic

(7)Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar (Texas A&M) vs. Alexa Guarachi (Alabama)
Joelle Kissell (North Carolina State) vs. Tayler Davis (California)
(9-16)Diana Nakic (Baylor) vs. Gabriella Mejia (Miami)
Petra Niedermayerova (Kansas State) vs. Lutfiana Budiharto (Wichita State)

My best non-seeder pick to win the sub-group, Petra, who beat Embree and advanced to semi? at WAATC.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 23rd, 2012, 10:45 AM   #30
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Fantic
What matches would you pay more attention to today?? Either dangerous matchups, or players especially to watch?
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote