Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo - Page 93 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:01 PM   #1381
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2012: Moo fighting for glory on the red dirt !

I wish it wasn't Klara in the next round. Like others have said above, she gives you no rhythm at all. If she gets through that one I hope it's Kanepi in the QF. A competitive match could really help her in the long run
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM   #1382
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Ghosts from the past resurrecting themselves.

The Omens...
ikr There doesn't seem to be many active posters that joined during Maria's slam winning days. MightyMashaFan is the one one I can think of
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM   #1383
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

^I was a lurker back then and joined a couple months later. But yeah, the circumstances of both slams are completely different.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM   #1384
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... Don't begin trying to guess who's gonna beat who and who's gonna face Maria and how the draw fell appart and stuff. One match at a time guys. Next stop : Klara Zakopalova. Mission : To win.

One match at a time and hopefully Maria will get this but step by step ..

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM   #1385
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't a poster in 2008, unfortunately. But I was just as big a Maria fan as I am now. I was shocked after that QF against Justine. I couldn't believe how consistently devastating she played that match. It was like a highlights reel of the best shots of her career in a 2-set match.

It doesn't feel the same this RG mainly because the times are very different. Everything was much more exciting back then, with Justine, Maria, the Serbs and even the washed up dinosaur sisters. Every match looked like a big event. It's different now.

I will say though, the tennis she showed in Paris up until this point and that Stuttgart run is EASILY the best tennis Maria has played since that very same match in Australia. Take this as you will
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:32 PM   #1386
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win over Peng, Maria!

Impressive performance. Zakopalova should be no problem. Also not QF opponent.

But I`m afraid of Li in SF. I`m sure she wants revenge

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:00 PM   #1387
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

I do not fear any of Maria's opponents as much as I fear Maria, herself. I see her going for shots, especially the smashes to end a point, and cringe as I remember her missing them so often the last couple of years, and now she does it routinely, with no hesitance. She has a really big set of tools to work with if she has one of those days where things just are not working the way they should. It would be great if she does not even have one of those days, and just keeps taking care of business. It really does not matter who she is playing.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:07 PM   #1388
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Another solid win today, couldn't ask for more than this. And a Tier IV draw to the Semis

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:11 PM   #1389
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I do not fear any of Maria's opponents as much as I fear Maria, herself. I see her going for shots, especially the smashes to end a point, and cringe as I remember her missing them so often the last couple of years, and now she does it routinely, with no hesitance. She has a really big set of tools to work with if she has one of those days where things just are not working the way they should. It would be great if she does not even have one of those days, and just keeps taking care of business. It really does not matter who she is playing.
You can definitely tell this is a confidence thing though. After the clay season she's had and the scalps she's claimed she has every reason to feel confident (Especially with Serena out of the draw). I'm sure Maria's fully aware she's the best player left in the draw and after her last two slam final appearances I'm sure she's eager and willing to do whatever it takes to be the winner next Saturday.

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:17 PM   #1390
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness me, I have to get the thought of her winning out of my head. There's still 4 matches to go.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1391
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Calm down all of you! Or I'll slap you! Do we really need to rush and feel disappointed? I did it twice, do not want to do it a third time, too.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:26 PM   #1392
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone see NA-FAIL's thread
Was tempted to make an anti-jinx about Li winning RG with her highest ranked scalp being Domi, but stopped incase it came through
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:52 PM   #1393
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I havent seen the match yet (was out last night) but from all reports she was very business like, got on with it and played well. On wards and up wards. Hope her next round is just as impressive. Hopefully her first real test wont come until Kanepi (I know she has to beat Rus but thats my guess).
Andy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM   #1394
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

It's going to be Kanepi then! I was impressed with her today (I watched the match for two sets, but I missed Kaia's choke). She's going to be a tough opponent for Maria! Apart from Serena it's by far the toughest opponent she had in her QF, given the poor form Wozniacki (who is useless on clay too) and Goerges are in at the moment!

Li was GOAT in the last set with Mchale, so it's not going to be easy! Maria seems to be playing quite well too, so hopefully there'll be many quality matches where Maria will come out on top!

But Zakopalova first! :tocker2:

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:12 AM   #1395
country flag pokey camp

pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Are there fans who were around TF during 2008 AO? Is 2012 RG panning out eerily similar to 2008 AO?

Maria can only play the best she can with each match, and she has done precisely that thus far.
No it's completely different imo just because she had Lindsay right away in R2 and then her draw remained largely intact outside of missing out on Serena in the SF and getting JJ instead. (And that wasn't an "upset" seedwise since JJ was the higher seed.) It was challenge after challenge. Totally different feel.

After the Henin match even the most pressed haters on GM kind of gave up eventually and just started praising her or making passive aggressive threads innocently wondering if her level of dominance could possibly continue. 2007 Henin, the streak and the bitterness all her beatdowns inspired across just about every fanbase probably contributed to the "goodwill" in GM. Maria Anybody beating her was treated like the overthrowing of some kind of evil despot. Trolls were dancing in the streets.

So yeah, post-QFs that slam outcome felt fairly inevitable even in real time while as of right now... this one really, really doesn't.
pokey camp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote