Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo - Page 178 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #2656
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2012: Moo fighting for glory on the red dirt !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
My hunch is Maria will stick around No. 1 for a while.
Yeah, she does have a lot of Wimbledon points to defend, but so does Vika. A win in the final tomorrow would be very useful for a long run though.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #2657
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Congratulations to the new #1 - MARIA SHARAPOVA!!!!! - woooohoooo!!!! - Just one more step to win that career grand slam - Just return well - serve well and play well and it will be no sweat!

Masha is way stronger - especially mentally than Sam Stosur - I think she'll never get a better chance to win this slam once and for all
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #2658
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty. View Post
One of the smartest matches she has played in a long time (and it helped that Petra was pretty bad). Please play this smartly in the final! Errani's gonna run lots of shots down so hopefully Maria plays even more patiently.
Yes, I'm very impressed by Maria's match plays. It started when Maria played smart to finally beat Na Li in Miami after 4 straight losses.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #2659
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Our girl did it!

Pova now leads 4 to 2 h2h against Kvitova with a dominate performance in high blustery winds on clay! Sweet! Kvitova had no chance!

Earned her First RG Final Ever!!! That cow skates on ice. Awesome!

Recaptured the World #1 Rank for the first time in Career #2!!! Anyone want to try to make the case that this accomplishment doesn't mean a lot to her? Did someone miss the smiles!

Pova did all this on clay, facing down last year's bete noir, high winds! She earned this with hard work, she earned this with perseverence against all odds, she earned this by overcoming every obstacle in her way. She is a Glorious #1 without a Major Win in her Ranking Points, but with 3 on her shelf!

I think all Pova fans were entertained, were excited and were ecstatic!

As if all this Glory isn't enough, Pova now has an Opportunity for her first RG Championship and completing her Career Grand Slam!

These are heady days for Pova Partisans! It's time to Party, Celebrate and Be Happy!
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #2660
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win for Masha over Kvitova. Now she's #1 again. Maria has to seal the deal and create her own tennis lore that lasts forever by finally winning the career grand slam which so few players have done in women's tennis history. That would be great for Masha after her great comeback from shoulder surgery and it would help ease the pain of her not haivng won as many grand slams as people thought she would have by the age of 25. A win on sunday would change so much for Masha's career.

This is Maria's 5th straight year of playing for the career grand slam at the French Open. I believe she's ready to do it. Now she has to do it. I do not want to see her play a weak match against Errani the way she did against Radwanska in the Miami final. Playing Errano who Maria has never played before could be tricky. Udachi Maria! It's Maria's time to shine.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #2661
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Who knew it would feel so good?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #2662
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
I am at a loss for words. Finish it off with a bang, Moo.
Do you still not have a shred of hope that she'll win another Slam? I remember your post after the AO!
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #2663
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

im so nervous for final

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #2664
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Who knew it would feel so good?
I have a smile printed on my face, there's nothing that can rip it off today
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #2665
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Congratulations to the new #1 - MARIA SHARAPOVA!!!!! - woooohoooo!!!! - Just one more step to win that career grand slam - Just return well - serve well and play well and it will be no sweat!

Masha is way stronger - especially mentally than Sam Stosur - I think she'll never get a better chance to win this slam once and for all
Errani is mentally as strong as Maria, or anyone else for that matter; but she will be out gunned by Maria for sure.

I also think Maria will have more chances to win more slams in the future as long as her shoulder and her body hold up.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #2666
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care anything as of now. She just needs to play well and win the final I won't personally be able to take another loss in a major final

There is always a chance that Errani will play match of her life like Schiavone did in 2010 final. After her several fucked up messes in finals (especially in Miami), I am worried...But still go maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Oh
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #2667
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations are in order . I'm not a totally hardcore fan of Maria as most of you are here but i sure do like her. Happy with the result and don't mind her taking #1 at Vika's cost, it's deserved. I expect her to win against Sara as well but it'll probably be harder than Petra. Still she has better nerves than Sam so she should prevail. Unbelievable how much she has raised her game compared to last year btw, she reached finals then as well but looked incredibly shaky. Now she's the girl to beat really.
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #2668
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

I think Errani won't be easy cause she has momentum too and everything is working for her.But I think she will seal the deal in the end
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #2669
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

NA MUG is killing GM with all his threads
Errani will be tough in the final so hopefully Maria stay focus and attack that serve like crazy. Good luck Maria, you already are N1 so one thing is done and pressure is off.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #2670
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Even after her losses in slams I've said it numerous times how I truly believe she has another slam in her. Saturday it's time to prove me right Maria.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote