Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo - Page 122 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #1816
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2012: Moo fighting for glory on the red dirt !

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Just came back from Roland and what can I say OMFG what a crazy match it was out there, I swear for a second I wished that the crazy guy we were talking about stopped me from seeing that shitfest Maria was so horrible the conditions were really but really tough the wind, the rain everything was just too damn catastrophic. After the second set I had to leave for a while, my friends were making fun of Pova I really was trying to defend her but she was so shitty I couldn't say anything to help her case.
That was horrible I guess an off day was necessary now she better focus a lot more.
I really think that Zakopalova played really well, she surprised Maria so many times with that FH DTL Maria couldn't do anything for most of the time she was fixing Maria on the diagonal cross and then she was hitting a flat FH DTL and it worked almost all the time she really played a brilliant match her BH was also on fire, Maria was on the defensive for a very long time and she defended pretty damn well.
I don't really know what was Maria's issue with her wrist but I really hope she will be fine she need to take advantage of Li's loss and maybe reach her first final at the French.
Thanks for the "eyewitness report"! Hope you and your friends have other exciting events scheduled besides tennis. The conditions on top of clay will kinda wreck the tennis excitement.

Paris, so much to do, never enough time.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1817
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have the actual 3 set W/L of Maria's pro career to date?

I know we're at 20/1 since start of 2011 as of today
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #1818
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
And about all the whining and predictions about how Masha will NOT win the French Open this year either - Why not take a match at the time - Don't worry - be happy for this win - a hard fought one - Yes - Masha had her terrible moments in this match - Lotsa DFs and whatnot - But hey - Klara had a few more of those - That's why Masha is in the QF - while Klara has to pack and go home to Czech land - Have some faith in Masha - and if she does lose the QF - the SF or the final - we'll all love her anyways and move on - right? - Right!!! - Just sit back - relax for today - have a beer - a glass of wine - a drink - or whatever calms you down - On Wednesday there is plenty of time for all of you to get uptight again -
Right on! Pleasant and cheerful. Good perspective: positive, happy and realistic all at once. Have a really nice day.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #1819
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Does anyone have the actual 3 set W/L of Maria's pro career to date?

I know we're at 20/1 since start of 2011 as of today
After today she is 119-37, a statistic I took from the WTA Match Notes publication from the WTA website.
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #1820
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

A win is a win. Hopefully, she is healthy and has a good match in the quaters. Fingers crossed the weather gets better coz this colder conditions affect her shoulder as well.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #1821
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
After today she is 119-37, a statistic I took from the WTA Match Notes publication from the WTA website.
As impressive a record as that seems, Pova wins only 76% of three setters.

Overall, Pova wins over 80% of her matches. So, a player is still a bit better off pushing her to three sets.

However, the 20-1 pace since the start of the 2011 Season does seem to discourage a player from relying on averages.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #1822
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
As impressive a record as that seems, Pova wins only 76% of three setters.

Overall, Pova wins over 80% of her matches. So, a player is still a bit better off pushing her to three sets.

However, the 20-1 pace since the start of the 2011 Season does seem to discourage a player from relying on averages.
The 20-1 is a better barometer of Maria's current fitness, she was skinny as a stick before 2006.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #1823
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

I think a match like today's was actually good for Maria... after all these easy blowouts, she needed a toughie. On to the quarters!
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #1824
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you guys just LOVE cakewalks? LOVE LOVE FUCKING LOOOOVE IT!! ??? Don't you? mmmm CAKE.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #1825
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Im not fussed by the fact that she finally had a tough match. Its better to struggle and little but get the win then struggle and be out like Li, Vika and Serena.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #1826
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ exactly the point I was SHOUTING on twitter!! She played like donkey shit at times and still WON!!
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #1827
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure she's going to win her QF, but I feel like she REALLY needs a clean, quick win to re-establish some rhythm and confidence heading into a match against KvittyGOAT.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #1828
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

This tournament needs to fucking end I can't take it anymore.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #1829
country flag JamieOwen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
This tournament needs to fucking end I can't take it anymore.
I'm actually with you on that. I'm starting to get annoying myself. *I know I am* The hatred by others is getting to me and I'm annoying myself with how I'm reacting

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #1830
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

^ This Really has not been enjoyable for me like the grand slams usually are.
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote