Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo - Page 121 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #1801
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2012: Moo fighting for glory on the red dirt !

i wonder if petra/sammy stans talk about her chances of winning RG as much as we do?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #1802
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, wasn't I telling you guys the other day that Kvitova was a bigger threat for the title than Li?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #1803
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I want her to win this so badly! But it's going to be mentally tough for her! She has the weapons to beat everyone left in the draw, but will she do it? I know we have to be positive, but it's extremely hard after today's performance! The weather affected her game and serving, but it's not getting any better in the following days!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #1804
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not too fussed about today's match tbh. I think it was more about her opponent playing well than her playing poorly.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #1805
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
Actually Maria is in much better from physically this year compared to last year . She has already won two titles and they are both on clay, if she wasn't physically fit that wouldn't have happened .

Maria was playing good last year but her 2nd round match got me wondering . Li really took it to Masha in the semi and even though it was windy Maria just stepped back and let Li take control of the match .
I much prefer the 2012 Maria to the 2011 version. The 2011 Maria would probably have lost to Zakopalova today.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #1806
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
I want her to win this so badly! But it's going to be mentally tough for her! She has the weapons to beat everyone left in the draw, but will she do it? I know we have to be positive, but it's extremely hard after today's performance! The weather affected her game and serving, but it's not getting any better in the following days!
I only think it's a good thing she spent so long playing in the wind today (wrist problem aside). It'll mean she can adapt more to the weather conditions on Wednesday, and she's playing on Chatrier again. Well that's my opinion anyway
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #1807
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, today's match definitely helped. I posted earlier about how the SF was the first time that tourny she'd been thrown into those conditions. They were almost as bad as the first week of the 2010 USO. This time it's different. I don't think she served that poorly, DF figures aren't really indicative of Masha's serve. There were 6/7 in the first two sets, amazing considering the wind. The DFs in the third seemed more of a wrist thing. When Masha's serve is truly off, her first serve percentage is about 30% and any serve that lands in, just lands in.

Obviously hoping for a win in QF on Wednesday
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #1808
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Maria was in a better position to win RG last year than this year? If only that day wasn't so windy...
I'm always surprised when people say this Despite the fact she won Rome last year, I never felt she had a hope in hell of winning RG last year. It was just never going to happen that she would be able to immediately put behind two years of AWFUL results at Slams and suddenly go all the way at her worst Slam... it was always going to be far too big a mental barrier, it was always going to be a more gradual process for her to become a top contender again. I think she only went into that tournament as the 4th favourite realistically (behind Clijsters, Wozniacki and Azarenka).

I remember thinking that she had a good chance of taking the title at Wimbledon last year once it got to the QFs and Maria was the only established player left standing, but after Petra played MUCH better than Maria in the semis, I knew Petra was taking the final The Australian Open this year was the first time I really felt she was going to win once she'd got into the final, because I thought Petra was going to be a much tougher obstacle for her than Azarenka
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #1809
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Yeah, today's match definitely helped. I posted earlier about how the SF was the first time that tourny she'd been thrown into those conditions. They were almost as bad as the first week of the 2010 USO. This time it's different. I don't think she served that poorly, DF figures aren't really indicative of Masha's serve. There were 6/7 in the first two sets, amazing considering the wind. The DFs in the third seemed more of a wrist thing. When Masha's serve is truly off, her first serve percentage is about 30% and any serve that lands in, just lands in.

Obviously hoping for a win in QF on Wednesday
SF will be on Thursday following QF on Wednesday, hope for a clean match from Maria.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #1810
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Just came back from Roland and what can I say OMFG what a crazy match it was out there, I swear for a second I wished that the crazy guy we were talking about stopped me from seeing that shitfest Maria was so horrible the conditions were really but really tough the wind, the rain everything was just too damn catastrophic. After the second set I had to leave for a while, my friends were making fun of Pova I really was trying to defend her but she was so shitty I couldn't say anything to help her case.
That was horrible I guess an off day was necessary now she better focus a lot more.
I really think that Zakopalova played really well, she surprised Maria so many times with that FH DTL Maria couldn't do anything for most of the time she was fixing Maria on the diagonal cross and then she was hitting a flat FH DTL and it worked almost all the time she really played a brilliant match her BH was also on fire, Maria was on the defensive for a very long time and she defended pretty damn well.
I don't really know what was Maria's issue with her wrist but I really hope she will be fine she need to take advantage of Li's loss and maybe reach her first final at the French.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #1811
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Just came back from Roland and what can I say OMFG what a crazy match it was out there, I swear for a second I wished that the crazy guy we were talking about stopped me from seeing that shitfest Maria was so horrible the conditions were really but really tough the wind, the rain everything was just too damn catastrophic. After the second set I had to leave for a while, my friends were making fun of Pova I really was trying to defend her but she was so shitty I couldn't say anything to help her case.
That was horrible I guess an off day was necessary now she better focus a lot more.
I really think that Zakopalova played really well, she surprised Maria so many times with that FH DTL Maria couldn't do anything for most of the time she was fixing Maria on the diagonal cross and then she was hitting a flat FH DTL and it worked almost all the time she really played a brilliant match her BH was also on fire, Maria was on the defensive for a very long time and she defended pretty damn well.
I don't really know what was Maria's issue with her wrist but I really hope she will be fine she need to take advantage of Li's loss and maybe reach her first final at the French.
Glad one of us was there to guarantee a Maria win!
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #1812
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Re the weather - Link: Paris - Weather Forecast

Re Masha's wrist - Link: Li stunned, Sharapova survives, Kanepi and Kvitova impress

Quote:
The second seed added that while she did jam her right wrist during the match that it feels OK.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #1813
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
The conditions will certainly improve . Only a bad serving day can stop her in my opinion.
Not according to the weather forecasts: more rain, higher winds!
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #1814
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Glad one of us was there to guarantee a Maria win!
I really hope this match will be a wake up call for Maria. No more shitfest.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #1815
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

And about all the whining and predictions about how Masha will NOT win the French Open this year either - Why not take a match at the time - Don't worry - be happy for this win - a hard fought one - Yes - Masha had her terrible moments in this match - Lotsa DFs and whatnot - But hey - Klara had a few more of those - That's why Masha is in the QF - while Klara has to pack and go home to Czech land - Have some faith in Masha - and if she does lose the QF - the SF or the final - we'll all love her anyways and move on - right? - Right!!! - Just sit back - relax for today - have a beer - a glass of wine - a drink - or whatever calms you down - On Wednesday there is plenty of time for all of you to get uptight again -
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote