NCAA Championships Analysis Part II Quarters and beyond! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #1
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
NCAA Championships Analysis Part II Quarters and beyond!

I created another separate thread for the quarterfinals and onward since the other thread is getting quite long. Make your predictions from here on out based on the results so far.

1 UCLA vs 9 California
4 Stanford vs 5 Southern California
3 Duke vs 6 Georgia
2 Florida vs 10 Miami

I say UCLA takes out California in a dogfight while USC upsets Stanford (looked vulnerable against NW). Georgia is going to take out Duke, barely while FL rolls over Miami (knock on wood!).

For semis – UCLA wastes 3 match points on #2 singles and USC claws back to miraculous win the match. FL down early in the match against UGA, but again saved by Embree’s iron clad mentality to win the match.

FINALS – UF stops USC’s amazing run to take its 6th NCAA title (KNOCK ON WOOD!)
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #2
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NCAA Championships Analysis Part II Quarters and beyond!

when was the last time a Pac 12 team didn't advance to the finals?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #3
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
when was the last time a Pac 12 team didn't advance to the finals?
good question lol
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #4
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
good question lol
Looks like it was 1998 when Florida beat Duke in the finals.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #5
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

I feel like Cal is going to upset UCLA
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #6

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post
I feel like Cal is going to upset UCLA
Cal has the better players so they should win on paper. UCLA needs to pick up the doubles point and Robin needs to win. If one of those two does not happen then UCLA loses.
Old May 19th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #7
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

this might be the last time before any team can beat the Tree.
Hope the Trojans can step up to the 'task'
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #8
country flag fantic

I had a nightmare

DBLS
1 STAN def. USC 11 10
2. STAN def. USC 8 4
3. USC def. STAN 8-4

- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 19th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #9

It sucks that both Pac-12 match-ups are being played at the same time!

UCLA is looking good in doubles at 2 and 3 and if they keep it up, they should win the doubles point.
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #10
country flag zhangxian22

zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold

anybody with score updates?
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #11
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Ahn is back.
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #12

UCLA won the doubles point with wins at 2 and 3 (both 8-4). Cal was up at #1 7-5 when UCLA clinched the doubles point.

USC won Doubles 1 and Stanford won Doubles 2. Doubles 3 is tied 6-6 now. Ahn is playing with Li.
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #13
country flag zhangxian22

zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
UCLA won the doubles point with wins at 2 and 3 (both 8-4). Cal was up at #1 7-5 when UCLA clinched the doubles point.

USC won Doubles 1 and Stanford won Doubles 2. Doubles 3 is tied 6-6 now. Ahn is playing with Li.
Thanks!
Good luck SC!
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #14

USC clinches doubles point.
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #15
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Kristie Just don't lose to Christian. That would be too much.