Ana's Ranking Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #16
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
17-24 can actually get much better draws the 13-16. Ana has the worst ranking spot right now for draws. She desperately needs to move up.

I guess RG will be very important.. If Ana manages to go deeper than Lisicki, Cibulkova and Pennetta, she is likely to be 12. It would be important to get a top 12 seed for Wimbledon.
Only chance now for Ana to reach 9-12 seeds group and escape TOP4 opponent already in 4th round on RG is eventual Zvonareva withdraws. But even in that case Ana is in 50% danger to draw very dangerous opponent in R16 (Serena or Stosur). For Wimbledon she is almost sure bet to reach 9-12 seeds, and lets hope that she will not draws Serena in R16.

On some other thread here I give statement that Ana's eventual match against WTA TOP4 player in RG/2012 R16 will be probably hers most important match since she won French in 2008!

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #17
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Only chance now for Ana to reach 9-12 seeds group and escape TOP4 opponent already in 4th round on RG is eventual Zvonareva withdraws. But even in that case Ana is in 50% danger to draw very dangerous opponent in R16 (Serena or Stosur). For Wimbledon she is almost sure bet to reach 9-12 seeds, and lets hope that she will not draws Serena in R16.

On some other thread here I give statement that Ana's eventual match against WTA TOP4 player in RG/2012 R16 will be probably hers most important match since she won French in 2008!
First she would have to get there... Needs to win 3 matches in order to reach round 4 and play a top 4.

I could bet money in that Zvonareva won't withdraw.. and if she does it will be like in 2009, after start of play, so won't matter for draw.

Ana has a good chance to be 9-12 for Wimbledon, and I think Serena might be top 4 by then. But Ana will need to go further in draws than at least Cibulkova, Lisicki and Pennetta.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #18
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First she would have to get there... Needs to win 3 matches in order to reach round 4 and play a top 4.

I could bet money in that Zvonareva won't withdraw.. and if she does it will be like in 2009, after start of play, so won't matter for draw.

Ana has a good chance to be 9-12 for Wimbledon, and I think Serena might be top 4 by then. But Ana will need to go further in draws than at least Cibulkova, Lisicki and Pennetta.
Not impossible at all. The problem is that all top 4 players can play well on grass. Lisicki has Birmingham points to lose, don't forget that.
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #19
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Not impossible at all. The problem is that all top 4 players can play well on grass.
Yes.. that's why it would be really important to be top 12 for Wimbledon.. get a 5-8, which could be Woz, Stosur, who aren't that good on grass.

Quote:
Lisicki has Birmingham points to lose, don't forget that.
I'm already counting that for this:

Kerber - 3380 - 9 (Still in Rome)
Zvonareva - 3160 - 10
Ana - 2910 - 11
Lisicki - 2692 - 12
Cibulkova - 2630 - 13 (Still in Rome)
Na Li - 2570 - 14 (Still in Rome)
Petkovic - 2421 - 15
Pennetta - 2310 - 16 (Still in Rome)

It's the ammount of points each player has until now, taking out RG and Birmingham.

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #20
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes.. that's why it would be really important to be top 12 for Wimbledon.. get a 5-8, which could be Woz, Stosur, who aren't that good on grass.

I'm already counting that for this:

Kerber - 3380 - 9 (Still in Rome)
Zvonareva - 3160 - 10
Ana - 2910 - 11
Lisicki - 2692 - 12
Cibulkova - 2630 - 13 (Still in Rome)
Na Li - 2570 - 14 (Still in Rome)
Petkovic - 2421 - 15
Pennetta - 2310 - 16 (Still in Rome)

It's the ammount of points each player has until now, taking out RG and Birmingham.
I guess it's realistic to hope. But she needs to be sharp.
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #21
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I guess it's realistic to hope. But she needs to be sharp.
Yes.. she needs to be sharp.. let's see what this loss means to her. I liked her facebook post right after losing to Vika, but so far we don't know how Ana will react to this.

Old May 18th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #22
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Yes.. she needs to be sharp.. let's see what this loss means to her. I liked her facebook post right after losing to Vika, but so far we don't know how Ana will react to this.
Get ready, Ana.

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #23
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Get ready, Ana.

OMG that pic is so gross. Nails..

Old May 18th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #24
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also expect her to flame early at OG.. I think its a matter of wanting too much and then burning herself, when it comes to playing for Serbia.
i agree about her feeling a lot of pressure when playing for serbia which is one of the reasons i started hating fed cup so much but do you really think that she will think of playing at the olympic games simply as playing for serbia? i fucking hope not, the olympic tournament makes sense, unlike fed cup. personally i feel that she will live up to her seeding whatever it might be at that time, at least if the trends continue.

i think she has improved in the sense that she now doesn't feel the pressure because of fear to losing to lower ranked players but the giant mental block of being afraid to beat top players is still there. this is why i feel relatively confident about her performance in early rounds. she might lose sometimes but she is now consistent against lower ranked players. so, the next big thing will be beating someone from the top 4. she can reach a qf or better if some of them crash out early but a real improvement would be a big win.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #25
country flag Cajka

The OG are played once in 4 years, that's one of the problems too. And she missed it last time.
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #26
country flag Cajka

Quote:
OMG that pic is so gross. Nails..
My friend works as a teacher in a high school. She says that the pointed nails are very popular among the girls.

Flavia got injured. Ana will be #14 at least. Now we cheer for NaNa to win this match and lose to Serena.
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #27
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
My friend works as a teacher in a high school. She says that the pointed nails are very popular among the girls.

Flavia got injured. Ana will be #14 at least. Now we cheer for NaNa to win this match and lose to Serena.
I'm not sure I get your post..

Ana will be 13.. now unless Domi reaches final, since Flavia lost. I feel sorry for her BTW.. she is a player I enjoy watching. Hopefully she is ok for RG. She had trouble with her wrist since Miami.. retired in a FC doubles match because of it, and then missed Madrid for the same reason.

Old May 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #28
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i agree about her feeling a lot of pressure when playing for serbia which is one of the reasons i started hating fed cup so much but do you really think that she will think of playing at the olympic games simply as playing for serbia? i fucking hope not, the olympic tournament makes sense, unlike fed cup. personally i feel that she will live up to her seeding whatever it might be at that time, at least if the trends continue.

i think she has improved in the sense that she now doesn't feel the pressure because of fear to losing to lower ranked players but the giant mental block of being afraid to beat top players is still there. this is why i feel relatively confident about her performance in early rounds. she might lose sometimes but she is now consistent against lower ranked players. so, the next big thing will be beating someone from the top 4. she can reach a qf or better if some of them crash out early but a real improvement would be a big win.
I do think playing Olympic Games will suppose huge pressure on Ana.. from herself. It's something she wants too much.. and yes, she will see it as playing for Serbia as well as for herself. It's not just any competition. Ana often burns herself from wanting it too much. She easily gets extra.. and nothing too much is good. It makes her lose control over emotions and then over her own game. If she wins a couple of matches in OG she will have surprised me a whole LOT.

I agree she has improved against lower ranked players, even though out of 11 losses this year, 5 have come against lower ranked opponents. Most of all, I think she is getting better at dealing with scrubs, which is important. The issue now is learning how to close.. she often has trouble with that, and not only against top players. She had *5-1 against Mathilde Johanssen in Madrid.. and could only close it at 5-4, breaking for the set, after 7 SPs. Scrubs allow that.. but anyone remotely decent will punish her. Ana had 5-3 30-0 against Barthel in Stuttgart's 1st set, then got broken twice in a row to lose the set. She also got broken while serving for it in Fed Cup against Pavs. She needs to be a better closer. One of Ana's biggest qualities in her day was that she was a good closer. And all top players need to be. Add that difficulty in closing to her obvious block against top players and we get these constant chokes. So its 2 different things that complement each other that she needs to identify and work on.. closing better and attitude against top players. A big win might fall on her lap.. but for it to actually make a difference she needs to make it something that can happen often, and that demands closing and better attitude.

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #29
country flag gaviotabr

With both Domi and Flavia losing today, Ana will be ranked 13 next week.

Post RG rankings:

9 - Kerber - 3380 - 9 (Still in Rome - QF) - Will play Brussels
10 - Zvonareva - 3160
11 - Ana - 2910
12 - Na Li - 2740 (Still in Rome - SF)
13 - Lisicki - 2692 - Will play Strasbourg (and Birmingham for Wimbledon seedings purposes)
14 - Cibulkova - 2630 - Will play Brussels
15 - Petkovic - 2421
16 - Pennetta - 2310 - Supposed to play Strasbourg (Injured wrist)

Since Ana is playing less tournaments than her direct competition for at top 12 seed a Wimbledon, she needs to do very well at RG.

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #30
country flag Cajka

Quote:
I'm not sure I get your post..
Never mind I thought that Domi and Flavia were in separated parts of draw.

Quote:
Ana will be 13.. now unless Domi reaches final, since Flavia lost. I feel sorry for her BTW.. she is a player I enjoy watching. Hopefully she is ok for RG. She had trouble with her wrist since Miami.. retired in a FC doubles match because of it, and then missed Madrid for the same reason.
Flavia is really almost done, like Fran. The careers of many players I like are almost over.