Ana's Ranking Thread - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #271
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future
Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)

Is it the same in Tokyo and Beijing, she will face a seed from 5-8 bracket?!
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #272
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Is it the same in Tokyo and Beijing, she will face a seed from 5-8 bracket?!
Yes.. being seeded top 12 Ana will take on someone seeded 5-8 in the third round.

In this topic, its good to notice Ana has a 3rd round in Tokyo and a QF in Beijing to defend.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 12:17 PM   #273
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Ana has 125 points from Tokyo 3rd round to defend next week.

From Ana's direct top 12 competition, Cibulkova has 70 points from a 2nd round and Kirilenko, who was defending 225 points from 2011 QF, withdrew with a back injury.

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:00 PM   #274
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Domi has an easy draw iirc
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 06:24 AM   #275
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
Domi has an easy draw iirc
But her form is doubtful.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #276
country flag gaviotabr

So... both Domi and Vinci outperformed Ana this week. And Petrova gained significant ground with Tokyo final, getting herself in contention for the AO 12th seed.

Ana absolutely needs a VERY strong showing in Beijing, otherwise she can say goodbye to any hope at top 12. She already starts Beijing tomorrow behind Domi.. so Ana needs to go at least 1 round further than her to keep the 12th ranking.

By the end of Tokyo week, Ana, Domi, Vinci, Petrova and Kirilenko will all be very close in the race for number year end number 12. So Ana could be from 12 to 16... This ridiculous loss in Tokyo might prove very costly.. but I guess its only fair for losing to players she shouldn't lose to in 7 of the 16 tournaments she played this year, and not really beating anyone ahead but in IW.

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #277
country flag Linguae^

Call me delusional, but I'm not afraid for Ana in Beijing, she may even reach the finals.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #278
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
So... both Domi and Vinci outperformed Ana this week. And Petrova gained significant ground with Tokyo final, getting herself in contention for the AO 12th seed.

Ana absolutely needs a VERY strong showing in Beijing, otherwise she can say goodbye to any hope at top 12. She already starts Beijing tomorrow behind Domi.. so Ana needs to go at least 1 round further than her to keep the 12th ranking.

By the end of Tokyo week, Ana, Domi, Vinci, Petrova and Kirilenko will all be very close in the race for number year end number 12. So Ana could be from 12 to 16... This ridiculous loss in Tokyo might prove very costly.. but I guess its only fair for losing to players she shouldn't lose to in 7 of the 16 tournaments she played this year, and not really beating anyone ahead but in IW.
In Moscow, Ana will wins maximum 2 matches, and unlike Petrova, Vinci, Cibulkova and Kirilenko - she will not compete for rankings points during first week of 2013 season (b/c Hopman Cup) - so Ana needs at least SF in Beijing if want to have chances to be (#9-)#12 seeded at AO/13, and only with Beijing final she will be again in really good position in this 4-player race. So Ana have only Beijing Premier Mandatory to reach some points (please, don't count day2day Moscow!), unlike other four which will also play Beijing, Kirilenko, Cibulkova and Petrova will also play in Moscow (but seriously, and all three reached Moscow final in past!), Vinci will play MMx2, and she and Petrova will reach some easy points on Sofia MM-YEC, and like I already notice - they all 4 will play during first week of 2013 some WTA tournament unlike Ana.

All that also means if Ana not beat Errani in R16 here in China, she will probably play at AO 2013 like WTA#17 ranked player (all four will overtake her).

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #279
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
In Moscow, Ana will wins maximum 2 matches, and unlike Petrova, Vinci, Cibulkova and Kirilenko - she will not compete for rankings points during first week of 2013 season (b/c Hopman Cup) - so Ana needs at least SF in Beijing if want to have chances to be (#9-)#12 seeded at AO/13, and only with Beijing final she will be again in really good position in this 4-player race. So Ana have only Beijing Premier Mandatory to reach some points (please, don't count day2day Moscow!), unlike other four which will also play Beijing, Kirilenko, Cibulkova and Petrova will also play in Moscow (but seriously, and all three reached Moscow final in past!), Vinci will play MMx2, and she and Petrova will reach some easy points on Sofia MM-YEC, and like I already notice - they all 4 will play during first week of 2013 some WTA tournament unlike Ana.

All that also means if Ana not beat Errani in R16 here in China, she will probably play at AO 2013 like WTA#17 ranked player (all four will overtake her).
Yes, I agree.

I think Ana's most probable year end ranking is 16.. and maybe seed 17 for AO. This is because she made big progress this year.. NOT.

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #280
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Yes, I agree.

I think Ana's most probable year end ranking is 16.. and maybe seed 17 for AO. This is because she made big progress this year.. NOT.
I believe that at not day-to-day events (where belongs slams and PM) where hers fitness problems is not so dramatic, Ana is already TOP10 level player for almost last 15 months! So we should to wait hers Beijing result first where everything is possible, especially if Vika Azarenka (from Ana's quarter) which w/o from Tokyo really injured.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #281
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I believe that at not day-to-day events (where belongs slams and PM) where hers fitness problems is not so dramatic, Ana is already TOP10 level player for almost last 15 months! So we should to wait hers Beijing result first where everything is possible, especially if Vika Azarenka (from Ana's quarter) which w/o from Tokyo really injured.
I've already told you Vika is not injured. She was ill in Tokyo. She should be ok in Beijing.

I don't think Ana is top 10 level at P5 and Slams at all.

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #282
country flag Linguae^

Ana IS a top 10 level at Slams and PMs, just look at her results there this year, she is somehow consistent and, if you compare her to the others, she is a top 10 lock.
And, I don't think Ana will do bad in Moscow, I think she has a nice shot there, so stay in tune.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #283
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In Moscow, Ana will wins maximum 2 matches.
I don't know how many matches she will win, but she tends to take the last tournament of the season seriously, so I believe she'll try to make a good result there. Otherwise, she wouldn't add it to her schedule. If she makes a bad result in Beijing, she'll probably be motivated (which doesn't mean that she'll do well there, of course)
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #284
country flag Cp6uja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I don't know how many matches she will win, but she tends to take the last tournament of the season seriously, so I believe she'll try to make a good result there. Otherwise, she wouldn't add it to her schedule. If she makes a bad result in Beijing, she'll probably be motivated (which doesn't mean that she'll do well there, of course)
Hers really last tournament of 2012 will be FED CUP final in Prague - and that is main reason why she add Moscow HC-indoors (simple want to have at least one or two competitive indoors matches before FC final). For Ivanovic which use this season even all 5 Premier-5 events (except Rome) just for warm-ups is not that hard to do the same thing with lesser tournament like Moscow.

I have zero expectations of Ana this season in Canada(day2day+boycott), Tokyo(day2day) and Moscow(day2day), but in New York and Beijing where she have day pause before every match at least prior QF round - I have big expectations. Unfortunately in both this cases hers projected QF-round opponent is tournament #1 favorite (Serena @USO, Vika @Beijing) which ruins my hopes for some spectacular result, so I will be very happy with QF round - which (schedule reason) will not be enough for Ana to stay #12 till AO draw, but at least will establish Ivanovic like player without any upset at all mandatory (GS&PM) tournaments in more than 15 months!

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #285
country flag gaviotabr

With Petrova actually winning Tokyo, that's another player who will be ahead of Ana in the race.