Ana's Ranking Thread - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #256
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)

I think the realistic goal for Ana this season is to clinch a top 12 seed for AO.

I think the top 12 seed was really important in finally making a slam QF. She will have more chances at slams if she keeps herself in this seeding bracket... and then of course it will be easier to improve rankings.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #257
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I think the realistic goal for Ana this season is to clinch a top 12 seed for AO.

I think the top 12 seed was really important in finally making a slam QF. She will have more chances at slams if she keeps herself in this seeding bracket... and then of course it will be easier to improve rankings.
Staying #12 and bulking up just a bit should be a goal until AO. The surface there is good for her game, so if everything goes well, 2013 could be just amazing year.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #258
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Staying #12 and bulking up just a bit should be a goal until AO. The surface there is good for her game, so if everything goes well, 2013 could be just amazing year.
Yes.. hopefully she finally realizes she needs to do fitness and dedicates herself to that during off season.

If she finally has a good off season, gets stronger, keeps herself top 12, then I think she would have a good chance at a QF at AO.

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #259
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

The crucial part is to have a much better claycourt season.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #260
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
The crucial part is to have a much better claycourt season.
Definitely.. The last few clay court seasons have been abysmal for Ana.. She needs to do better and she can do a LOT better.

But then again, needs to have a better clay prep. Had none this year.

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #261
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Definitely.. The last few clay court seasons have been abysmal for Ana.. She needs to do better and she can do a LOT better.

But then again, needs to have a better clay prep. Had none this year.
Her clay season wasn't top 20 IMO. It's the biggest reason why she's not top 10 now. And it was because of her head. There are 4 or 5 players who move better than her on clay, her bh is much better there, she must take the advantage of that next year.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #262
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Her clay season wasn't top 20 IMO. It's the biggest reason why she's not top 10 now. And it was because of her head. There are 4 or 5 players who move better than her on clay, her bh is much better there, she must take the advantage of that next year.
Agreed 100%. Ana has to take advantage of a part of the season she can actually be as good as anyone. The last few years it has been her doom and gloom instead of her pillar. If she had had a decent clay season, she could definitely be top 10 now.

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #263
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

She won't get points for Fed Cup right?

doni1212 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:33 AM   #264
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post
She won't get points for Fed Cup right?
Right. Fed Cup doesnt give out any points.

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #265
country flag Cajka

Winning a FC final could be a confidence boost IMO. It should be very tough tho, but who knows. The atmosphere in the team is finally good, those two young bitches really made a great team atmosphere and I hope that it could make a difference this time.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:46 AM   #266
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not TOP20 in terms of points which she reach, but at peak level of hers game is higher than at any other surface this season. She should to trash eventual RG finalist and have open road at least to SF.

Main reason why Ana chances to reach TOP10 now is so weak is fantastic USO HC summer for all other TOP10 contenders (Errani, Bartoli, Li Na), not only because she missed USO series or because number of points which she reach at clay not follow level of hers claycourt game.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #267
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Not TOP20 in terms of points which she reach, but at peak level of hers game is higher than at any other surface this season. She should to trash eventual RG finalist and have open road at least to SF.
Who cares is she played well if that only translated into early losses and disappointing results? Then it was definitely not well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Main reason why Ana chances to reach TOP10 now is so weak is fantastic USO HC summer for all other TOP10 contenders (Errani, Bartoli, Li Na), not only because she missed USO series or because number of points which she reach at clay not follow level of hers claycourt game.
This is just Seriously.. We cant hope everyone else fails so Ana has a chance. She isn't top 10 because she missed out on USO series and crashed at every chance she had of making a good result at clay season. If she had done better, she would have more points and probably more points than at least Bartoli.

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #268
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Winning a FC final could be a confidence boost IMO. It should be very tough tho, but who knows. The atmosphere in the team is finally good, those two young bitches really made a great team atmosphere and I hope that it could make a difference this time.
I think winning would be big for Ana.. but that's really really unlikely.

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #269
country flag Cajka

Srbija, I agree with Izzy (you could tell us your name, please, it feels a bit silly to call you Srbija ). She really had at least 2 chances to make better runs on clay. Her movement in Rome and RG was so great, backhand - much better. Choking and passive game plans in situations when she had a lead were the reason why she didn't make not good, but great results.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #270
country flag gaviotabr

Updated.

Only one player close to Ana is playing this week. Domi is in Quebec City, but she cant get past Ana in the rankings even if she wins it. Of course she can make more room in the race.

Next week Kirilenko is playing Seoul, but she also cant get past Ana. So Ana should be seeded top 12 in both Tokyo and Beijing. That's good, because she needs some good results in these tournaments in order to keep a top 12 seed for AO.