Ana's Ranking Thread - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #241
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Yes.. a top 12 seed really made a difference.

I think its very unlikely for Ana to be top 12 for AO though TBH.. she would need a very strong asian swing.. Ana is 13th in the race, only 20 points ahead of 14th Vinci. She is planning on playing fewer tournaments than anyone around her, and she wont be playing in the first week of next year. So even if she ends the year ranked 12, unless she makes up some room with big results in Asia, she is likely to get left behind by someone who plays Brisbane or Auckland.
It doesn't look very likely no. Ideally, she should pick up one/two of (in a perfect world I'd say all but we know that won't happen) Seoul, Linz and Luxembourg, AND win one of them. That'd be nice and it would help a lot. Another thing that would help would be winning her quarterfinal

Did I count this wrong, or is Ana 5-1 in GS Quarterfinals?
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #242
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
It doesn't look very likely no. Ideally, she should pick up one/two of (in a perfect world I'd say all but we know that won't happen) Seoul, Linz and Luxembourg, AND win one of them. That'd be nice and it would help a lot. Another thing that would help would be winning her quarterfinal

Did I count this wrong, or is Ana 4-1 in GS Quarterfinals?
Fixed.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #243
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Fixed.
Ah yes. She'll be 5-1 after Wednesday, I was thinking too far ahead
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #244
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Ana should play Seoul and Lux/Moscow. But we know she won't play either..

She said she would add tournaments after losing at Wimbledon.. but she hasn't entered anything.. would need WCs.

Quote:
Did I count this wrong, or is Ana 5-1 in GS Quarterfinals?
Quote:
Ah yes. She'll be 5-1 after Wednesday, I was thinking too far ahead
That was a good omen!!

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #245
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok... I feel like I need to write this..

If Vinci makes the USO final and Ana loses the QF, Vinci will get past Ana in the ranking. She only needs to be one round further than Ana to get past Ana in the race.

Damn Shvedova.. had MPs against Vinci in the 2nd round.
Ok.. so Vinci lost. Ana will be ranked 12 at worst.

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #246
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to ask why "at worst", then I remembered that she's still on USO.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #247
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I wanted to ask why "at worst", then I remembered that she's still on USO.

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #248
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

She's still rocking left and right.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #249
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

She can still win both Tokyo & Beijing and get to YEC and back to top10 like Aga did last year.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #250
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Ofc.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #251
country flag The 2nd Law

I know the loss was pretty much a given, but Ana really wasted some opportunities in that second set. I feel like she could have won it, but again, towards the end she let her opponent's level of play beat her before it was over. Serena's level dropped a LOT in those last games. Oh well, now I'm expecting her to have a positive attitude in the presser, and hopefully she uses her higher seeding in the the upcoming tournaments to get some good results.
Reaching the QF is such a great result, so I'm not too disappointed
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #252
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

If she's playing Tokyo and Beijing, and makes the F of Tokyo (poor field maybe?) and the SF (like the last few years ) of Beijing, and then maybe a final in Moscow, she might actually make YEC

I really want her there, even if she doesn't get a win, I just feel this might be her best opportunity for a bit.

EDIT: I take it back. She'd actually need to win everything

At least she has fed cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #253
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
She can still win both Tokyo & Beijing and get to YEC and back to top10 like Aga did last year.

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #254
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
If she's playing Tokyo and Beijing, and makes the F of Tokyo (poor field maybe?) and the SF (like the last few years ) of Beijing, and then maybe a final in Moscow, she might actually make YEC

I really want her there, even if she doesn't get a win, I just feel this might be her best opportunity for a bit.
No.. Ana pretty much has to win Tokyo and Beijing and Moscow and hope Na Li doesn't win much at all.

Maybe next year..

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #255
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No.. Ana pretty much has to win Tokyo and Beijing and Moscow and hope Na Li doesn't win much at all.

Maybe next year..

I hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote