Ana's Ranking Thread - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:27 PM   #226
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisrules View Post
Does getting to the quarters put her back in the Top 10?

She is so close to getting back there, I actually hopes she adds another tournament or two. I want to see her get a Top 10 seed in Australia next year.
No.. Ana will be number 12 with the QF. To get into the top 10 she would need to make semis and hope Bartoli loses to Sharapova in QF.

Regarding her ranking seed for AO, Ana needs a strong asian swing since she won't be playing any tournament in the first week of the year (she will be in the glorified exho Hopman Cup).

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:38 PM   #227
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Izzy babe, do Ana and Caro have almost the same number of points to defend until the end of the season? Cibulkova has more than Ana since she won Moscow and played the final of Linz. It's crucial to add a MM and play well in Beijing and Tokyo. Please, Anči.
Ana has 777 points to defend. Caro has 524.

The best way to see things is looking at the race. Currently Ana is 13th in the race with 2423 points. Caro is 11th with 2876. Between them is Cibulkova at 12th with 2445 points. Bartoli is 10th with 3345 points. Whoever gets more points in the tournaments left will end ahead. The issue is.. Ana is the one with less tournaments on her schedule, and she will be playing Hopman Cup in the first week of january (week of AO seedings). Ana needs a very strong asian swing to be top 12 for AO. And we've seen how that can make a difference in draws.

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM   #228
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Why wouldn't she play Moscow and some Asian MM? The field is usually not that strong in Moscow.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:57 PM   #229
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

I believe in her for Asia and she will add some tournaments, as well. Beijing is a good place for her and her game suits that surface a lot.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:58 PM   #230
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Why wouldn't she play Moscow and some Asian MM? The field is usually not that strong in Moscow.
I don't know.. Maybe she doesn't want to..

Ana hasn't entered any tournament, so she would need WCs.

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:59 PM   #231
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

I hope she doesn't play Moscow, that tournament and that surface are awful. Hopefully she shows up in Tokyo, Beijing, Linz and Luxembourg. And Fed Cup, of course.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:33 PM   #232
country flag tennisrules

tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
No.. Ana will be number 12 with the QF. To get into the top 10 she would need to make semis and hope Bartoli loses to Sharapova in QF.

Regarding her ranking seed for AO, Ana needs a strong asian swing since she won't be playing any tournament in the first week of the year (she will be in the glorified exho Hopman Cup).
Thanks for the info.
tennisrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:06 PM   #233
country flag gaviotabr

Ok... I feel like I need to write this..

If Vinci makes the USO final and Ana loses the QF, Vinci will get past Ana in the ranking. She only needs to be one round further than Ana to get past Ana in the race.

Damn Shvedova.. had MPs against Vinci in the 2nd round.

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:10 PM   #234
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok... I feel like I need to write this..

If Vinci makes the USO final and Ana loses the QF, Vinci will get past Ana in the ranking. She only needs to be one round further than Ana to get past Ana in the race.

Damn Shvedova.. had MPs against Vinci in the 2nd round.
And how will exactly she beat Serena?
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:12 PM   #235
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just do it.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:12 PM   #236
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Who knows?

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:17 PM   #237
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Just do it.
Not Ana, Vinci.

Quote:
Who knows?
C'mon, Izzy, stop worrying. I mean, if Junkulescu wins Tokyo and Beijing, she'll be ranked higher than Ana, y'know. It's gonna be fine.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:40 PM   #238
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
So it's more important than ever to add some tourneys, the top 12 seed worked immediately she needs to keep it now
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:53 PM   #239
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Talent wise, Ana is a top 5 along with Serena, Maria, Vika and Petra.

Ana is just unlucky to draw Serena for QF, but she may surprise us because that's why they play the game.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #240
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
So it's more important than ever to add some tourneys, the top 12 seed worked immediately she needs to keep it now
Yes.. a top 12 seed really made a difference.

I think its very unlikely for Ana to be top 12 for AO though TBH.. she would need a very strong asian swing.. Ana is 13th in the race, only 20 points ahead of 14th Vinci. She is planning on playing fewer tournaments than anyone around her, and she wont be playing in the first week of next year. So even if she ends the year ranked 12, unless she makes up some room with big results in Asia, she is likely to get left behind by someone who plays Brisbane or Auckland.