Ana's Ranking Thread - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #136
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Ana's Ranking Thread (A look at her progress)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
With this win, Ana gets past Vera in the rankings. One more win will see Ana past Marion and Na Li and tied in points with Errani.

The tie break rules say the player with more points from Grand Slams, Mandatory and P5 tournaments combined will be ranked ahead. I think Sara's RG final clinches that for her.

Still... huge match coming up against Vika.
It's paramount important that Ana beats Azarenka; first of all, it signals the return of Ana back to the elite player status.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM   #137
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Provided that there are not some freak upsets by Kiri, Fran, Vinci etc, our girl has returned to the top 12, after almost 3 years Here's hoping she keeps climbing
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 09:44 PM   #138
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With this win, Ana gets past Vera in the rankings. One more win will see Ana past Marion and Na Li and tied in points with Errani.

The tie break rules say the player with more points from Grand Slams, Mandatory and P5 tournaments combined will be ranked ahead. I think Sara's RG final clinches that for her.

Still... huge match coming up against Vika.
Did the math and Ana actually takes the tie break. So a win against Vika, save for someone from behind winning the tournament, would take Ana all the way to number 9. Would also give her a chance to play against Paszek/Vinci for a semifinal spot and get her closer to top 10 in the race. Huge match.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 09:47 PM   #139
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Ana beat Vika please! Unlike the other big 4th round matches, I will get to watch this... ON TV!
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 09:52 PM   #140
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Did the math and Ana actually takes the tie break. So a win against Vika, save for someone from behind winning the tournament, would take Ana all the way to number 9. Would also give her a chance to play against Paszek/Vinci for a semifinal spot and get her closer to top 10 in the race. Huge match.
It will be a career re-defining win in so many ways for Ana, but I hope Ana knows nothing about it.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:00 AM   #141
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

With her 4th round Ana is also up to #12 in the race, passing Kanepi. If she loses today, Kim, Kiri, Vinci & Fran can all pass her with a SF; Shvedova, Lisicki and Paszek would all need to make the final. I can totally see Kim doing it

If Ana wins however, things look much better: she goes up to 11, passing Caro - in which case only Clijsters could still pass her with a semi - most of the others mentioned above would need a final and Paszek would need to win.

With a semi final, Ana passes Bartoli to #10 but stays 24 points behind Na who picked up 100 points for making the second round. At this point, Clijsters & Kirilenko can pass her with a final - Vinci and Paszek would both have lost seeing as Ana needs to beat one of them to get this far Shvedova and Lisicki would need to win.

If Ana reaches the final she breaks the top 8, passing Na and Stosur. She needs Petra and Serena to lose in the 4R to pass either of them, so if they both did the highest Ana could reach is #6

and last but not least, if Ana won the tournament .... She goes to minimum #5, #4 if Kerber loses to Clijsters

Of course the last 2 scenarios are a long shot from here, but it's nice to dream. She really really needs to beat Vika today to give herself a shot at qualifying for Istanbul later on in the year. If she loses it will be very hard/unlikely. If she does win though, she has a great chance to get to the semis so her most likely race ranking after the tournament is #12 (hoping that those below her don't pass the QFs) or #10 with a semi final.

RG really stuffed her up in this regard, she virtually gifted Errani a place in the YEC

PS. hope those projections are all correct!
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:23 PM   #142
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Paszek can make the final. Vika/Ana don't play so great on grass, Serena and Petra can both lose in R4.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM   #143
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

So.. Ana will be ranked 12 come next monday, unless Kirilenko or Lisicki reach the final. Since only one of them can make the final, Ana will be at least 13. She will also be 12 in the race, unless Kirilenko reaches a semi and/or Lisicki reaches a final. If the semi is Lisicki-Kirilenko with Lisicki making the final, then Ana would be 14 in the race.

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:45 PM   #144
country flag gaviotabr

With Marion out of Olympics, Ana is currently number 11 for Olympic seedings. It would be nice to get a top 12 seeding for Olympics, so to avoid the top 4.. getting Stosur or Caro would be much better.. And I'd hope Ana wouldn't lose before hitting the first ball. Though Stosur is currently number 4, Serena or Petra is likely to pass her. Serena needs a semi, Kvitova needs a final.

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:47 PM   #145
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So.. Ana will be ranked 12 come next monday, unless Kirilenko or Lisicki reach the final. Since only one of them can make the final, Ana will be at least 13. She will also be 12 in the race, unless Kirilenko reaches a semi and/or Lisicki reaches a final. If the semi is Lisicki-Kirilenko with Lisicki making the final, then Ana would be 14 in the race.
Ranking is all about seeding status at tournaments, so even with #13 she will be for the change into 9-12 seeds group at Olympics, because Bartoli will not play. But in hers favorite R16 round that means potential meeting with Serena or Kvitova - other possible opponents is Kerber, Wozniacki or/and Stosur.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM   #146
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Ranking is all about seeding status at tournaments, so even with #13 she will be for the change into 9-12 seeds group at Olympics, because Bartoli will not play. But in hers favorite R16 round that means potential meeting with Serena or Kvitova - other possible opponents is Kerber, Wozniacki or/and Stosur.
I know.. just wrote about it the above post. I still think 9-12 is better.. but won't matter if Ana doesn't actually show up for matches.

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:05 PM   #147
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know.. just wrote about it the above post. I still think 9-12 is better.. but won't matter if Ana doesn't actually show up for matches.
I still think that hers priority on OG should to be mixed doubles anyway, where with elite partner Zimonjic they have some chances to reach SF with just two wins and fight for medals (OG is all about medals). OG Wimby is day-to-day, and she will moves worse every next round where opponent will be better and better. Despite big one month pause, I'm surprised that Ana played last week 3 matches in 4 days and won 2 three-setters... but already next round, today, she moves like zombi and loses probably over 80% of 5+ long ralies, which remember me on all my theories about hers fitness.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:08 PM   #148
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I still think that hers priority on OG should to be mixed doubles anyway, where with elite partner Zimonjic they have some chances to reach SF with just two wins and fight for medals (OG is all about medals). OG Wimby is day-to-day, and she will moves worse every next round where opponent will be better and better. Despite big one month pause, I'm surprised that Ana played last week 3 matches in 4 days and won 2 three-setters... but already next round, today, she moves like zombi and loses probably over 80% of 5+ long ralies, which remember me on all my theories about hers fitness.
Oh please.. today's craptastic performance had nothing to do with fitness.

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:12 PM   #149
country flag Cp6uja

Quote:
Oh please.. today's craptastic performance had nothing to do with fitness.
I'm not talking about final result, but about hers movement - much worse than last week.

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM   #150
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I'm not talking about final result, but about hers movement - much worse than last week.
That too had nothing to do with fitness.. she froze.. when one freezes, one can't move.