The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6 - Page 300 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #4486
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

WTF ANA?

How did she move foward anyway when that ball hit the net? I mean.. it hit the net, stay back!

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #4487
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

MP...

Ana is a headcase

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #4488
country flag gaviotabr

6-6...

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #4489
country flag gaviotabr

Mp2..

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #4490
country flag gaviotabr

Radwanska wins.. Ana can't make a decent volley to save her damn life.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #4491
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

She's baaaacccccckkkkkkkkk to Basel.
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #4492
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Had she won the second set, I'd be satisfied regardless of the score in the 3rd. But now I'm only less disappointed than I was after the match in Australia. The biggest problem is still there, she can't start fighting until she loses the first set easily. It was like that against Serena, in her last match against Aga, now this. She has somewhat more confidence on clay, but then she chokes.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #4493
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Had she won the second set, I'd be satisfied regardless of the score in the 3rd. But now I'm only less disappointed than I was after the match in Australia. The biggest problem is still there, she can't start fighting until she loses the first set easily. It was like that against Serena, in her last match against Aga, now this. She has somewhat more confidence on clay, but then she chokes.
I'm more disappointed, because of the choke... that's when you show you just can't win no matter how many chances you have.. she was not prepared to win. And that's always worse than being crushed.. you can improve the game, but if your head doesn't follow, its all for nothing.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #4494
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I'm more disappointed, because of the choke... that's when you show you just can't win no matter how many chances you have.. she was not prepared to win. And that's always worse than being crushed.. you can improve the game, but if your head doesn't follow, its all for nothing.
Well, she wasted chances last time too. She couldn't break at all. It was EVEN worse. If you choke when you get a chance to break, then really... That's a whole new level of fear and choking. I understand the problem when you can't finish the set or when you waste bps when it's 5 all. But when you're a set and break down, but you're still scared and you still can't take the break point... That's something completely different. It's much worse than choking away a 3-1 lead in the 3rd.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #4495
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Well, she wasted chances last time too. She couldn't break at all. It was EVEN worse. If you choke when you get a chance to break, then really... That's a whole new level of fear and choking. I understand the problem when you can't finish the set or when you waste bps when it's 5 all. But when you're a set and break down, but you're still scared and you still can't take the break point... That's something completely different. It's much worse than choking away a 3-1 lead in the 3rd.
I disagree.. I think the worst kind of choke is when you have the lead and you just need to finish off.. because that shows that no matter how close you are, you just block yourself, you are not prepared to be so close.

When you waste BPs like Ana in Australia or when you have a small lead early on and then lets it go, its more about rushing.. maybe putting too much pressure on yourself.. But when you are just 3 points away and then double faults twice and hits a putaway one step to the net into the bottom of it, its just that you shut yourself to the opportunity.. in your head that was not even supposed to be happening, you werent supposed to be in that position. That's way worse.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #4496
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

I think her problem is not directly mental.
I believe the mind depends on the body. She has no energy to play against top players.
She only has her cruise speed, which works against low ranked players. But the top players can routine her with only a little more of energy burst. And that's physical first, mental second.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #4497
country flag WonderFan

I mean, if you're strong and fit, your mind will respond to that accordingly.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #4498
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderFan View Post
I think her problem is not directly mental.
I believe the mind depends on the body. She has no energy to play against top players.
She only has her cruise speed, which works against low ranked players. But the top players can routine her with only a little more of energy burst. And that's physical first, mental second.
Hitting 2 DFs and the easiest putaway into the bottom of the net is not physical.. after that she did better in the tie break. That 6-5 game was purely mental.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #4499
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I disagree.. I think the worst kind of choke is when you have the lead and you just need to finish off.. because that shows that no matter how close you are, you just block yourself, you are not prepared to be so close.

When you waste BPs like Ana in Australia or when you have a small lead early on and then lets it go, its more about rushing.. maybe putting too much pressure on yourself.. But when you are just 3 points away and then double faults twice and hits a putaway one step to the net into the bottom of it, its just that you shut yourself to the opportunity.. in your head that was not even supposed to be happening, you werent supposed to be in that position. That's way worse.
Yes, but at least you got into position to serve for the set and then you do have a lead to lose. When you have nothing to lose, but still choke when you get a chance to break. I can't make any sense of that. And I do really believe that this scoreline is better than the last one. She fought until the last point, which is positive too. Also, this wind didn't help. I know it's the same for both girls, but Ana has a toss issue even indoors, let alone when it's windy. I'm glad to see her fight at least. There's nothing worse than the match like last one, not even close to anything, predictable from the first point.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #4500
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Where is everybody?
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread